Author Topic: Introductions thread, or where will you be eaten?  (Read 21130 times)

matchstickman

• Bait
    • View Profile
Introductions thread, or where will you be eaten?
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:50:00 PM »
Well someone has to do this, might as well be me!

Hi, I'm Richard, I'm live in London, England and if the crash happens I expect to be a victim in the initial outbreak.

I backed the kickstater because I've been listen to the RPPR Actual Plays for quite a few years now and have enjoy Caleb's unconventional takes on the plots he puts forward. Why not try an RPG he wrote and see if I can be as twisted as he?
Right now life is kicking my arse, I have as good access to the net as a pair of Ubiq Specs has when in the territory of a balloon popping Aberrant, ugh.

DonPiano

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions thread, or where will you be eaten?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 09:54:29 PM »
Christoph, Germany. Rural and hilly enough that there's maybe a chance yo survive a day or two.

Bobble

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 10:07:55 PM »
I'm Bobble and I'll either be devoured in sunny sunny Norwich, UK or on the side of a motorway somewhere in mainland Europe.
I wholeheartedly embrace my future as an empty, sat in a crappy van driving forever to the next show with the rest of my band mates.
I first encountered RM on the one shot podcast and fell in love with the setting and system, since then I've backed the kickstarter,  checked out all the RPPR games and any other APs available, unfortunately my gaming group has yet to embrace the fun of post apocalyptic, zombie critiques of capitalism.
Apparently, for them, games night is an escape from zero hours contracts and endless workaday grind for no real rewards... But one day I'll get them!

BONESOLVENT

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 10:13:39 PM »
Davenport, Iowa. My ankle isn't doing so great.

The Barney

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 10:28:08 PM »
Ocala Florida.  USA.

My luck, I'll live long enough to spend a miserable summer in the Florida heat and humidity before they finally get me.

Keftiu

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 11:06:23 PM »
My name's Lex, and given that I'm in sunny San Diego the initial outbreak probably gets me; if not, I probably eat a bullet.

I mostly lean hard into the storygame scene these days, but I trust Caleb enough to love Red Markets despite it not being something froufrou and light. I'd make a RM PbtA hack but I think he'd come to my house and smack me himself.

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 11:34:50 PM »
Hi, everybody, it's Ethan Cordray from Technical Difficulties. I'm in lovely Columbia, Missouri, which will be overrun by refugees coming down the Missouri River.

I'm planning on posting regular articles in character as Freebird, my Taker from the beta test.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:25:49 AM by Freebird »
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Sarge

• Bait
  • Adam: GM, Player, maker o' spreadsheets
    • View Profile
    • I Tweet. Loudly, periodically, politically.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 11:59:44 PM »
Hi All. I'm Adam. I was one of the Kickstarter backers and have the honor to have helped support the system's editor, Laura, while she did/does gods' work. I'll be posting as Sarge - Pixie's dependent (one of Laura's TechDiff character).

If you need to make a character, I suggest using my gSheets template: <https://goo.gl/iWqMu3>. Suggestions, bugs, and new features? Let me know.

In my offline time, I do data analysis on state and Federal policy issues.

Also - I'm in the DC Metro. I don't get eaten. I just try to keep the military dictatorship running the Recession from completely fucking over the population.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:02:20 AM by Sarge »
Pixie ❤️ Sarge & vice versa.
----
Need to make a character? Use my template:
https://goo.gl/iWqMu3

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 02:32:22 AM »
Ian W, Eastern Pennsylvania. Probably survive for time until I run out of food and starve to death or get an infection. Either way not a quick death.
I backed the kickstarter after listening to RPPR run throughs and loved the system and quirks that came with the game. Have yet to run a session but I'm working my way up there. I'm a little on the shy side when it comes to posting online so I apologize if I deep six for a time.

Might post as Wonderland, a Taker I made up for this forum. Hope I don't RP too badly.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:36:17 AM by LostinWonderland »
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Askew

• Taker
  • Sean B, Local Market, Larval Podcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 02:40:54 AM »
Sean Britcher, Newark NewJersey. If there's an outbreak anywhere in the NewYork metropolitan area, I'm screwed. Between a bad back and exercise induced Asthma, I'm done for. Should I manage to get out and hook up with others, my basic medical knowledge and general "I read something about this once" might help me survive the early days of the Crash, but I'm still probably screwed.

I backed the Kickstarter after listening to the GDW episodes and got interested as time went on. Super stoked about getting my gorgeous hard cover book in hand once they get shipped out.

I've also been recording game sessions with the intention of releasing a podcast. Will be sure to share links once that goes live.

ScottH

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 03:50:03 AM »
Scott Henderson. Mountain View, California. If there's an outbreak I'm pretty screwed, the Bay Area is too damn crowded. I'm tall so at least the causalities will take a while to eat me.

I originally got into RPPR from listening to the Night's Black Agents campaign after while looking for ideas for the NBA game I am currently running. I love Caleb's unique perspective and have devoured all the RPG AP he's run (need to listen to Know Evil).

I backed the Kickstarter and currently playing in a game and loving it so much! I can't wait for the book to be released!  :)

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 03:55:48 AM »
Hey Brandon Smith, from Ohio safe in fields of corn and cities of industry, but currently in Florida for my Design Degree. Going by Deus Ex Machina, an information trader, My info will save you, just watch. I would be eaten while taking a bathroom break because that is the hand fate usually deals me. Also started listening with one of their Chtullu games, haven't stopped since, and really love the Eclipse Phase system, but it's my white whale of a system to run.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:58:00 AM by DeusExMachina275 »
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

Cero

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 04:02:05 AM »
Hey Everyone!

Name is Robin, but I go by Cero. US here, and lets face it, in the Crash I'd be a casualty.

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 06:53:15 AM »
Greetings fellow enthusiasts, I'm Farris and from rural Oklahoma.   I'm a police officer and EMT by trade, so I'm dead on the front lines pretty much on day 1.

Been a fan of RPPR for a few years, got hooked by the CoC APs, The Night Clerk, I think was the first one that got me hooked.  Been a fan of Caleb's from the first game of his I listened to.

Will be posting as Priceline the character I got to play in one of the KS backer games that Caleb ran.  Slowly but surely I've been working on an Enclave supplement book-thing, inspired by the barren wastes of Northwest Oklahoma that I hope to eventually share with you all.
Professional Hustler - Freelance Negotiator - Fulltime Taker

Trust me, I know a guy!

Gorkamorka

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 09:06:33 AM »
I'm Fridrik from Iceland.  In grownup life I do land management and planning related cartography.

Given how isolated my location is I have a good chance of surviving the crash.  Or that's what I thought until the sheep aberration got me.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:16:22 AM by Gorkamorka »
Fridrik