Author Topic: 10,000 Lakes Shared Setting  (Read 11150 times)

The Passerby

• Taker
  • We all walk past, I can only hope I notice.
    • View Profile
Re: 10,000 Lakes Shared Setting
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2017, 09:21:05 PM »
I wouldn't mind playing with one of these podcasts. How does one do so?

Seems interesting. Though for content, I have been sporadically adding sociological stuff every once in a while in the facebook and it has been a while since I have been at the reddit.

I just finished up a internship as a drug counselor, and I am working on a psych degree, so I got a wide pool of knowledge on some things.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Askew

• Taker
  • Sean B, Local Market, Larval Podcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2017, 02:08:36 AM »
Should I be looking for an email or a PM on Lifelines for info on how to get playing?

Neckbeard

• Bait
  • 232/0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2017, 03:16:02 AM »
I'd really like to join, but 7:30 eastern is a bit early for me. If there are ever in Saturday/Sunday games, I'd like to join, or anyone out west is interested in some late night games.

theblazeuk

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2017, 05:08:51 PM »
.......should the full 497 page PDF be on a shared drive with no access restrictions?

0perator

• Bait
  • Chris Hamann, Podcaster, Literary, full of Spite
    • View Profile
    • The Roleplaying Exchange
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2017, 05:33:33 PM »
.......should the full 497 page PDF be on a shared drive with no access restrictions?

Oh shit.

Lemme just fix that.
DOG LORD DOG LORD DOG LORD
roleplayingexchange.com

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2017, 06:39:17 PM »
At the secret Hebanon Games doom base, the anti-piracy techno thriller team sharpens their legal document katana, for they have discovered the true leak!  :P

Though excuse me Operator, I have an Enclave idea I would like to submit for the setting. Where should I submit it for review?

As for the game on Thursday. 7:30PM EST is 4:30PM PST for me, so I would very much like to try and join one of games? Though it seems like that is not going to happen.

Recruiting is closed for the near future?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 07:36:54 PM by The Passerby »
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2017, 06:52:02 PM »

Oh shit.

Lemme just fix that.

Well, ya know...it is Creative Commons licensed. Still better not to cause unnecessary problems, especially right now.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2017, 11:19:19 PM »
So, just to check, games closed forever or just for now? Does that hold true for submitting setting info for review?

Also, I am interested in GMing for this setting and contributing to this project. Is there any requirements or something?

Hmm, I think I have a finished Enclave right now.

Sarge

• Bait
  • Adam: GM, Player, maker o' spreadsheets
    • View Profile
    • I Tweet. Loudly, periodically, politically.
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2017, 12:14:29 AM »
So, just to check, games closed forever or just for now? Does that hold true for submitting setting info for review?

Also, I am interested in GMing for this setting and contributing to this project. Is there any requirements or something?

Hmm, I think I have a finished Enclave right now.

Games are closed for the time-being due to two constraints. 1) Not wanting to create a cult. 2) Lack of alternative venues for distribution and two few GMs.

One of these we can fix. Contributions are always appreciated and as we work out the logistics we'll be making space for more games and more folks. Requirements for contributing jobs and enclaves? I'll have to toss that over to 0perator, Freebird, Pixie, and all our other fine co-hosts.

For my part:
  • Read the general setting info.
  • Read a few of the jobs in the completed jobs folder.
  • Read the enclave list.
Hope that helps!
Pixie ❤️ Sarge & vice versa.
----
Need to make a character? Use my template:
https://goo.gl/iWqMu3

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2017, 12:38:32 AM »
It helps a little Sarge, though I am still a bit lost. See what I did there? In any case, I mean I have ideas and I am running a one-shot this Friday, and I figured I might as well try to record it or something.

I mean is there procedures for submitting setting materials or recording games? Like my assumption is that this is some form of communal project and that records need to be kept, and recordings submitted?

Or am I getting the wrong impression? Like I will be in the RPPR discord sporadically for the next long while, and I can give contact info for that or skype...

I will get digging through the shared google drive at least, and hope I can figure that out.

Pixie

• Bait
  • GM, Player, Writer, Editor, Librarian
    • View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2017, 03:05:22 PM »
Passerby, are you in the GroupMe coordinating these games? If so, just let us know when you have a recording and we can figure out who can host it then.
Former Taker. Emergency Medical Advice at reasonable rates

Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2017, 03:09:27 AM »
I am not at all in this GroupMe, I am actually not on GroupMe. I will be on GroupMe ASAP.

I recorded the game, and there are some spots I think I need to edit, but from what I can tell the recording is okay. I don't like the sound of my own voice, but whatever.

I didn't really set it in the 10,000 Lakes setting, I did a cop out and set it fifty miles from the Minnesota border in South Dakota, and marched the players into Colorado.

Though, from what I can tell, the players had fun, even if I was a little inexperienced with the profit system and I had to on the fly fix a couple of things.

Neckbeard

• Bait
  • 232/0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2017, 05:53:51 AM »
If you need any suggestions on editing audio for podcasts, let me know. It's something I've been struggling with the last several months and would be happy to pass on a little of what I've learned. (Don't worry, by the way, I also hate the sound of me.)

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2017, 01:16:21 AM »
Thanks! Well, I used OBS to record it, but I didn't realize it would be a video file with a black screen. I am also trying to figure out how to edit things out. Like I can edit out the ten minute break I think, but I don't know if I can edit out the various off topic tangents or side talk...this is much harder than I anticipated. Lol.

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2017, 08:03:05 PM »
My advice would be: don't edit anything except dead air or long breaks. It's really not worth the effort.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/