Author Topic: 10,000 Lakes Shared Setting  (Read 29902 times)

Silver

• Taker
  • Jason S
    • View Profile
Re: 10,000 Lakes Shared Setting
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2017, 09:01:40 PM »
My advice would be: don't edit anything except dead air or long breaks. It's really not worth the effort.

Or long discussions about rules.
Looking for Takers in the Central Valley? Call BLACKLIGHT for good rates and professional work.
Need a name? Click Here for a running list of Takers!

The Passerby

• Taker
  • We all walk past, I can only hope I notice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2017, 10:00:30 PM »
So just post as is? Hmm...there isn't a lot of dead air, except for the break I think...well, does anyone want to give it a listen? It's a her long session with 30ish minutes of comments, questions, criticisms. I admit, I was very novice and it is only my 3rd time running the Market.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Askew

• Taker
  • Sean B, Local Market, Larval Podcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2017, 12:32:04 AM »
So just post as is? Hmm...there isn't a lot of dead air, except for the break I think...well, does anyone want to give it a listen? It's a her long session with 30ish minutes of comments, questions, criticisms. I admit, I was very novice and it is only my 3rd time running the Market.

I have 4 hour long game recordings that the only edis I did was to stitch the audio together. There's rules chatter, tangents, and etc. I paused recording when we took bio/food breaks, but beyond that I don't edit content, mainly because I don't have time for all that editing, plus I prefer that style of AP, as if one were a fly on the wall of a group of friends playing and having fun, ala RPPR's AP style, as well as Happy Jack's and Fandible.

Neckbeard

• Bait
  • 232/0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2017, 05:39:01 AM »
Yeah, I wouldn't cut an AP for length or anything. But it can be worth it to use a free program like Audacity to do Background Noise Reduction, some compression (to lower the level of loud noises), and truncate silences (audacity can do this automatically). Then run the whole thing through another free program called Levelator and it should sound better than what was recorded. And all that should take less than a half-hour once you figure out the settings.

PM me if you'd like to know the settings I use.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:41:14 AM by Neckbeard »

Neckbeard

• Bait
  • 232/0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2017, 05:43:40 AM »
does anyone want to give it a listen?

Send it over to me, I can see what I can do with it in Audacity. If you think the improvement in sound quality is worth it then I'll send you over some instructions on how to edit it yourself for future recordings.

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2017, 12:27:37 AM »
Cool, I will attempt to figure out how to get that to you in a reasonable way and time. I need to find my drop box account details. Been a while.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2017, 06:58:08 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't cut an AP for length or anything. But it can be worth it to use a free program like Audacity to do Background Noise Reduction, some compression (to lower the level of loud noises), and truncate silences (audacity can do this automatically). Then run the whole thing through another free program called Levelator and it should sound better than what was recorded. And all that should take less than a half-hour once you figure out the settings.

PM me if you'd like to know the settings I use.

I know Ross uses an old freeware program called Levelator to balance out the RPPR APs. It helps balance out voices of varying volume around a single mic. It's extremely easy to use.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Orthelan

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2017, 01:24:29 PM »
I'm new, but I would be interesting in playing sporadically, as often as a one year old and a hectic schedule permit.

Maslow

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2017, 04:29:44 AM »
I also would love to play, as I am my local Market and don't get to play.  Between work and interning though, I don't know when able.  :(

Zeke

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2017, 12:43:07 AM »
If there are slots still available for ap's I would absolutely love to join. I've enjoyed listening to everyone and would be stoked to play. I GM for my group full time bc they are all new players. Getting to actually play my PC in a game would be an awesome opportunity. Especially with the group involved.

DiploRaptor

• Bait
  • Head Host of 'The Random Cast'
    • View Profile
    • Diplomacy With a Raptor... Its a Lets Play Channel
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2017, 11:26:57 AM »
I'm down for joining in and what not.
Could easily shift the setting for 'The Random Casts' crew over that way, and/or join a game or two whatever works for people.
So how can I help/be involved?
When you get a Bruce Campbell avatar choice you use it.
I really wanted to include a quote instead I just decided to talk about that desire. Mainly cause I couldn't think of a quote that would annoy Chris.

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2017, 11:21:42 PM »
From what I understand fellows, that the APs are closed due to an overabundance of players, and a lack of GMs. Been meaning to get in further in touch with folks, but the last couple of weeks distracted me. Had to go handle some IRL things that have left me worried.

In any case, it sounds like things are going, and if you read previous posts in thread, there may be further information for your perusal.

Zeke

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2017, 12:32:01 AM »
I noticed that Passerby. I started a fb post about getting a group together. Just wanted my name in the hat just in case.

DiploRaptor

• Bait
  • Head Host of 'The Random Cast'
    • View Profile
    • Diplomacy With a Raptor... Its a Lets Play Channel
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2017, 11:19:50 AM »
From what I understand fellows, that the APs are closed due to an overabundance of players, and a lack of GMs. Been meaning to get in further in touch with folks, but the last couple of weeks distracted me. Had to go handle some IRL things that have left me worried.

In any case, it sounds like things are going, and if you read previous posts in thread, there may be further information for your perusal.

Oh I was offering too run actually, more of a GM then a player*.
Which reminds me need too listen to the episode of the Roleplaying Exchange Enclave creation and same for Technical Difficulties.
When you get a Bruce Campbell avatar choice you use it.
I really wanted to include a quote instead I just decided to talk about that desire. Mainly cause I couldn't think of a quote that would annoy Chris.

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2017, 01:35:01 AM »
Just checking in, are there any open spots now a few months in or are groups still closed?