Author Topic: Weird Casualty Aberration  (Read 14213 times)

Fenris

• Bait
    • View Profile
Weird Casualty Aberration
« on: June 22, 2017, 01:29:25 AM »
Hey there, Fenris here.

Just got done raiding an old mansion with my crew, rich bastard had some good shit, thanks to Deus Ex Machina for the tip on that one, next time there's a juicy far off rumour I'll make sure your the first to know. But let me get to my point.

In the grounds of this place there were a good dozen of casualties, but they weren't normal, like, they just dug around in old garden beds, or raked and raked at piles of leaves. We could walk right up to them, our latent even tapped one on the shoulder the loonie, but nothing happened, casualty just kept raking in the leaves.

Course, we weren't all so lucky with it, got a hell of a fright when a small mob crawled out of a pool and started chasing us, we put bullets in all of them after that.

Anyone else encountered these before? They got a name, I'm thinking "empty" or "robot" casualties?

Failing that what other weird manifestations you encountered? Figure we better compile all these together, have some sort of reference when we're out and about.

Time to start the rumour mill on aberrants, hopefully we can get a nice big thread of different experiences.

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Casualty Aberration
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 01:49:21 AM »
Heard about a group that went to raid a sealed up retirement home, place had a very thick black smoke, everyone but this one jackass who went in with no protection. According to the taker crew, guy went in with an immune, guy fucking goes latent, can't take the pain and dies and goes vector. Immune puts him down. They were the only 2 to go in so it could go airborne if sealed long enough.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

Voodoo Chile

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 02:55:07 AM »
Listen man, you guys ain't seen the real shit that the Blight can do. Word's gettin' out about what happened to The Clones of Funkenstein (you know those whacked out cats who brewed their own 'cid then went out for day of C-hunting) down in Nuevo Laredo, little south of what used to be the border twixt' Texas and Mexico. Now, one of my girls, Gypsy, had a little thing going on with one of them, she's the one who got the footage from the one man who made it out.

It FUCKING SPOKE. It spoke in this garbled, fucked up clicking and squelching, but I swear to fuck it was speaking English, something about "New Life, End Life, My Life?." All writhing tentacles in the shape of a man, and eyes and mouths opening up. Poor Gypsy OD'd on fucking Soma after watching her man get his skin drilled into by those fucking tentacles... and he just.... liquefied. Look it up man, I ain't bullshitting you, unless those DHQS fucks already covered the shit up.

Askew

• Taker
  • Sean B, Local Market, Larval Podcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 03:31:17 AM »
I was taking to Tarot's crew amd they told me about some LALA who was telling them about some kind of "Blight Box" or "The Obsidian Cube" or "The Black Tardis" or something?

From what they could tell, it was a box of blight the size of a car trunk or something that "fucking unfolded like origami" and had a dozen Cs come crawling out of or some shit. Tarot said it sounded likt the guy watched too many Dr Who episodes back in the day and had been staring at the sun too long.

I dunno whether this shit is legit or not, but I'm keeping an eye out for any weird black boxes outside the walls.

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 03:52:23 AM »
One guy I knows swears he is being followed by a casualty, or vector, he's not sure, every time he goes to shoot the damn thing it is just gone. I just I told him to get me video proof, because I think he is just getting dealt some bad soma or something.

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 04:17:47 AM »
Listen man, you guys ain't seen the real shit that the Blight can do. Word's gettin' out about what happened to The Clones of Funkenstein (you know those whacked out cats who brewed their own 'cid then went out for day of C-hunting) down in Nuevo Laredo, little south of what used to be the border twixt' Texas and Mexico. Now, one of my girls, Gypsy, had a little thing going on with one of them, she's the one who got the footage from the one man who made it out.

It FUCKING SPOKE. It spoke in this garbled, fucked up clicking and squelching, but I swear to fuck it was speaking English, something about "New Life, End Life, My Life?." All writhing tentacles in the shape of a man, and eyes and mouths opening up. Poor Gypsy OD'd on fucking Soma after watching her man get his skin drilled into by those fucking tentacles... and he just.... liquefied. Look it up man, I ain't bullshitting you, unless those DHQS fucks already covered the shit up.

Voodoo, what are you on and how much Bounty can I give you to get some? Casualties don't talk. Sure, they do weird shit but they don't talk.

Now you want to talk about strange though, I've seen a fucking whale casualty. Guy gets back from a trip out in the Pacific and he starts speaking some Moby Dick shit about how one of his boats was capsized and this...thing, started swallowing up people whole. Well, I couldn't not go investigate this and so I hopped the next boat with two of my crew and we set off to where the guy said he saw the thing.
A few days later, lo and behold, we encounter the biggest, most revolting thing I've ever seen. The whale had huge black veins running all over it's body and we could see it rising out of the water a bit to blow out some kind of black ichor, the blight I think (which begs the question why it does this if it doesn't even need to breath anymore)?

So Captain Jack, guy who runs the ship we're on, wants to turn around and Gnat, one of my crew, starts arguing with him about costs or something when Tank, local latent and Black Math cultist, starts shooting at the thing. Sure enough, I can see the water start to ripple as it makes its way towards us. Soon all hands not working to turn the ship around as fast as possible are blasting away at this thing with everything we've got. I'm talking guns, spears, bows and arrows, hell one guy was throwing every heavy bucket he could find at. Nothing, I don't even know if we managed to hurt it much less slow it down. It hit the boat and a handful of people went overboard and never came back up. Some of the Blight was sprayed on to the deck and one guy got covered in it. He started freaking out before I put bullet in his head. I think the only thing that managed to save us were the shit ton of grenades that Tank brought. We never did find the body, you'd think something that big would be easy to find. Might still be out there.

Gnat managed to take a few pictures before it disappeared. Last I heard he sold them to some group in the Recession to make up for the Bounty we spent during the trip. I still say it was worth it.
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 04:45:11 AM »

Voodoo, what are you on and how much Bounty can I give you to get some? Casualties don't talk. Sure, they do weird shit but they don't talk.

Now you want to talk about strange though, I've seen a fucking whale casualty. Guy gets back from a trip out in the Pacific and he starts speaking some Moby Dick shit about how one of his boats was capsized and this...thing, started swallowing up people whole. Well, I couldn't not go investigate this and so I hopped the next boat with two of my crew and we set off to where the guy said he saw the thing.
A few days later, lo and behold, we encounter the biggest, most revolting thing I've ever seen. The whale had huge black veins running all over it's body and we could see it rising out of the water a bit to blow out some kind of black ichor, the blight I think (which begs the question why it does this if it doesn't even need to breath anymore)?

So Captain Jack, guy who runs the ship we're on, wants to turn around and Gnat, one of my crew, starts arguing with him about costs or something when Tank, local latent and Black Math cultist, starts shooting at the thing. Sure enough, I can see the water start to ripple as it makes its way towards us. Soon all hands not working to turn the ship around as fast as possible are blasting away at this thing with everything we've got. I'm talking guns, spears, bows and arrows, hell one guy was throwing every heavy bucket he could find at. Nothing, I don't even know if we managed to hurt it much less slow it down. It hit the boat and a handful of people went overboard and never came back up. Some of the Blight was sprayed on to the deck and one guy got covered in it. He started freaking out before I put bullet in his head. I think the only thing that managed to save us were the shit ton of grenades that Tank brought. We never did find the body, you'd think something that big would be easy to find. Might still be out there.

Gnat managed to take a few pictures before it disappeared. Last I heard he sold them to some group in the Recession to make up for the Bounty we spent during the trip. I still say it was worth it.

Hunting your own white whale I see, if there are any more of those pictures, I could give you some info for your self to use.

Reverend Green

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 12:34:55 PM »
Maybe you guys should stop drinking while on the job, it's quite dangerous

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 03:31:50 PM »
Look, we've got our hands full out here in the Great Plains with the hordes being blown back and forth by the constant winds, we don't need you spreading stories of boogeymen and making people wet their britches or jump at shadows.

These "aberrants" are just the ghost stories of our times.

Stop buying into the lies and spook stories!
Professional Hustler - Freelance Negotiator - Fulltime Taker

Trust me, I know a guy!

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 03:39:52 PM »
It ain't no Great Blight Whale (goddamn, son, makes be glad I've never seen the ocean), but I've seen at least one freaky ass thing.

On one of our last Reformers jobs we hit this vertical farming technology place in Kansas City. They had these kind of vat-grown meat rigs going on, fuck if I know how they worked, but it was like ant farms full of organs. Anyway, I guess the Blight had gotten in one of these things, then gotten out of the case and was down in this pit. And it was trying to lure us down in there or something.

We didn't really get a good look at it, just threw molotovs down there and beat feet.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Gafftop

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 07:10:40 PM »
Down here is south Texas we don't get much in terms of seasons beyond Summer, but in the few days of colder weather the Casualties do get sluggish and all manner of cold blooded critters look for someplace to keep warm. Sometimes you'll get rattlesnakes nesting together in a big ball inside a Casualty if they can't find someplace better. Normally its not too dangerous because the Blight kills them, but it is damned unnerving to see a Casualty coming towards you with a bunch of dead snakes hanging out of their belly. Last spring though I found one and I swear to you the snakes were still hissing and buzzing at me as it shambled. Keep safe out there y'all.
"If you're gonna do wrong, buddy, do wrong right." - The Devil Makes Three "Do Wrong Right"

Voodoo Chile

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 08:42:07 PM »
this thread is gold, keep it going ladies and gents :D

Voodoo Chile

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 08:47:37 PM »

Hey man, check our rep, Experienced ain't told a lie since we formed our crew, hell man Machine Gun even told about that shipment we skimmed off of last year (stupid motherfucker cost us more bounty than he was worth...)

Flatcap

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 01:17:39 AM »
Alright, listen. We all know the Blight is mental, okay. It does crazy stuff. I don't think it knows what it's doing half the time, like sometimes it forgets? I don't know, I guess that's just me trying to find comfort in the idea that this shit is fallible.

I'm a brewer. Was a brewer before the Crash at least. Bunch of weird religious nut jobs run the enclave I ran to after the last place I was in went south, but I got a still going anyway because everybody needs a drink now and then. My clientele is mostly other Latents, since most people don't like the risk that alcohol doesn't kill the Blight. Grain's spoiling, I figure I'll go grab some honey and make mead, right? Can't be hard to find some fallen apiary, or just wild hives out in the Loss.

Won't say where this was, it was part of another job, but we're hiking up to the site and I hear buzzing. I say to myself, I knew I brough these old jars for a reason, and I go looking for the source of the sound. Big overgrown hive, looked like it used to be someone's backyard project and the bees just started expanding out from there. This noisy blob of wax. Now, obviously, I can hear it so that means every Casualty in this neck of the woods can hear it. So there is a bit of a fight to get my honey, but I've been out here long enough, I know what I'm doing.

Until I hear a second buzzing. It's moving. It's coming for me.

This guy still has his smoke mask on when he turned, which stopped me getting bit the first time. I shove him off, the mask falls away, and all of a sudden I'm getting stung to shit. Buzzing so loud it's like I'm in the middle of a hurricane all of a sudden. The casualty rears back up at me and I see there are bees surrounding it, crawling all over its black flesh. In and out of empty eye sockets. How it can hear me with all its goddamn head stuffed with buzzing I cannot damn imagine. It lunges, I react, smash its head against a fence post. Head collapses like a rotten fruit, like there's no skull any more, just wax. All I can think is Blight kills animals, right? Like, I've seen birds land on the wrong body and get strangled when the black strands reach up round their scrawny necks. Except sometimes, sometimes.. it forgets to kill bugs.
The Amazing Bionic Latent

Fenris

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 01:35:37 AM »
Maybe you guys should stop drinking while on the job, it's quite dangerous

Maybe you should get down from your high horse preacher, there's nasty shit out there, maybe some of these stories might save your life. Better to know what might be out there and recognise it than getting surprised and taken down.
Loving the antagonistic role you're playing Reverend!

Anyone got any confirmation or more info on those like casualty balls? Heard some stories from near Chicago early on, some group called The Brutalists I think it was? Something about a dozen casualties where the blight breaks through between the bodies, forming some super conglomeration of casualties. Heard those things almost took down an enclave.