Author Topic: Wanted: Soylent supplies  (Read 1640 times)

Goodtimes

• Bait
    • View Profile
Wanted: Soylent supplies
« on: August 26, 2017, 06:12:36 AM »
While we've got our own farms out here in Takeride, I'm getting a little nervous with winter coming. I need something I can shut up in a barrel or a barn and not think about until I need it. We feed our citizens, and to be honest, we've probably got enough to do that for the winter, but if I get as many Taker crews sitting out the Colorado blizzard season as I did last year, I'm gonna be clearing frozen corpses out of Takertown again. It's not just bad for business, it's bad for morale, including mine.

You all know Soylent. Before the Crash, it was every hipster code dork's favorite lunch. It's an open source recipe, which you oughta be able to find easy enough. What I don't have are the mixings. I'll pay 5 bounty per bulk package of anything I can use to make the stuff. That's an easy 50 bounty for your average crews of hale and hearty takers, more if you've got a dronkey. Get me a source on an ingredient and scout a shipping route, I'll give you 10 and put in a good word with your next contract.

Colt

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Soylent supplies
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:48:34 AM »
I'll keep and eye out. You might wanna look at farm supply places, taker can get by on horse feed if he's real hungry.
Where abouts y'all located?

Goodtimes

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 03:06:55 AM »
If you've got an old roadmap, just set your destination for fabulous Telluride. Don't be surprised if you don't see Tom Cruise's doomsday bunker when you get here though. It's mostly been reassembled around Takertown to keep the latents from hollering too loud about safety.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 04:43:24 PM »
We still have tons of soy growing here in Arkansas, and catfish big enough to eat a donkey. but your a bit further out then me and my crew could travel in any appreciable time. but we have the stockpiles if anyone's interested in making that kind of haul.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Owl

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 03:52:19 AM »
Goodtimes, I wish I had some sellable info, you had better believe. I don't, though.

I may have another idea for you though. There's an enclave that has popped up recently near Bridge that just goes by "the people". We haven't had much interaction with them, but the crews that have come through our place from there all are carrying these homemade energy bar looking things like people used to eat before all hell broke loose. They tell us someone up there found a warehouse full of freeze dried corn and chia and they've been making something called pinole, mixing in the chia, and forming them up into bars for the takers and fencemen to use. We traded up for a handful of the things, and though they may not taste like much, they keep you on your feet.

While you are out looking for Soy you may keep a look out for those ingredients too. I'm over in east Kansas and am under the impression that the pinole idea came up from your area.   
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:48:55 PM by Owl »

Varlaax

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 11:53:55 PM »
Maybe some colour soy will help.

Like green maybe? But it helps to put it in good soil first.

You really dont want the soy going too green.

Popular with latents though.

Soylatent Green.