Author Topic: Defiance film  (Read 5358 times)

Silver

• Taker
  • Jason S
    • View Profile
Re: Defiance film
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 04:44:53 AM »
...are we hipsters now? Or whatever it is? Like, sure it is a propaganda piece and all, but I can't help but think like we're our dads complaining about those Transformers movies when we were kids and all that.

It's a radioactive pile of garbage whose sole redeeming value is the guffaws it will earn when I show this shit to my crew. I'm about to fucking win movie night, y'all.
Looking for Takers in the Central Valley? Call BLACKLIGHT for good rates and professional work.
Need a name? Click Here for a running list of Takers!

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 04:28:27 AM »
So this is what they are doing instead of something productive. If it was good I would give it a pass, but the whole thing feels like a cheap Micheal Bay rip off.

Speaking of which, I wonder if he made it out.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

Referee

• Bait
  • UFit User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 10:40:10 AM »
So this is what they are doing instead of something productive. If it was good I would give it a pass, but the whole thing feels like a cheap Micheal Bay rip off.

Speaking of which, I wonder if he made it out.

An old has-been movie director based out of L.A.?

Yeah no, Crash took him.
Still Lost. Still Achieving. Owner of the Fit Pit.
Semi-retired. Available for urban job consultations or fitness advice.
Inquire at www.enclaveorgchart.ubiq/Achieve/Gettersburg/FitPit

Notable Cheevos:
Achiever
Casualty Clearer
City Stalker
High Scorer
Mercy Street Irregular
Vector Wrangler

Varlaax

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 11:20:54 PM »
What's your favourite Recession made film?

An ok one is the remake of 672 Hours Later.

I mean the Casualties are beaten by letting them starve to death.

And nobody dies! Except for animals used as lures.

By the quick thinking of the government all zombies get rounded up and dumped on the Shetland Islands. God bless CCTV and our Ministry of Kindness masters.

Not sure about the DHQS saving us as allies but is an an American import.

Yes we still like our zombie films.

My favourite is 'Last asshole left Alive Escape from Madrid' about the Scotsman who escaped Spain after rescuing the EU president who was held by raiders.

Love the eye patch. Harry 'Adder' Smith is so cool as a character.

'Adder? I heard you were dead'.

The sequel Escape from Paris wasn't bad either.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 05:44:07 AM »
I dont get much in the way of media info from the recession, but as I understand it Westerns are making a comeback. relatively low budget, simple but rewarding story and more often then not has a strong moral message about community and honor , and what happens when you ignore the standard social contracts. aside from that not much in the way of film out this way. musics popular. got quite a haul of strings for a pretty penny and the local bands i swore were going to throw down and brawl over who got to buy how many and for what price...
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."