Author Topic: Job/Leg: It tolls for thee.  (Read 3483 times)

villainbach

• Bait
  • Member of Carte Blanche
    • View Profile
    • Autumn by the Wayside
Job/Leg: It tolls for thee.
« on: June 22, 2017, 05:04:06 AM »
Interesting opportunity for some of you gamblers out there:

I was setting up camp in a shack around sunset when I heard a chiming in the distance. Five years out, I'm thinking the chances of a clock-tower still running are pretty slim and anybody making that much noise on purpose is stupid or armed to the teeth (maybe both). Unfortunately I've been tasked with getting a lay of the land so I packed up again to check it out.

The details? A group has holed up in an old Buddhist Monastery in the hills. I'm guessing they're Black Math. These idiots ring the bell there every few hours and take on the horde that gathers. It's not a bad set-up, the temple's got some water features they turned into a shallow moat and they've certainly got the advantage of elevation. Each time they ring the bell and survive, they loot the bodies and their treasure trove grows. Wait long enough and you might hit them right when their numbers are low and the payout is high. Wait too long, and you'll have to deal with whatever finally killed them.

Or, knowing the Black Math, they might just have the thing rigged to explode.

If you want to work an angle, reports on Ubiq suggest a couple small enclaves in the area are suffering for being in the path of the casualties they draw. They'd probably be happy to see the bell silenced. Otherwise, it might be an interesting stop on a way to a bigger job.

Reverend Green

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Job/Leg: It tolls for thee.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 12:32:03 PM »
I doubt these guys are black math, they tent to shy away from killing casualties if they can avoid it. Unless they're forcing prisoners to do it to give the a reason to kill those prisoners.

villainbach

• Bait
  • Member of Carte Blanche
    • View Profile
    • Autumn by the Wayside
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 02:47:16 PM »
How long have you been out of school, Reverend? The Math you're describing doesn't add up.

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 02:59:04 PM »
If you or your crew is considering this job beware, last Black Math nutjobs I crossed paths with all had deadman switches on explosive devices.

Crazy fuckers.
Professional Hustler - Freelance Negotiator - Fulltime Taker

Trust me, I know a guy!

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 02:30:29 AM »
Black Math are people I don't usually deal with, they ask for info but never give anything good back, they usually give me a pamphlet about their group, or some sermon from a page in their book. Yeah I don't deal with them, not because of how they operate, just because they don't pay their debts very well.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 02:36:51 AM »
How did you expect those nutjobs to pay in the first place, their whole goal in life is to go out in a so called blaze of glory!

Collect from any of these new movements in advance or you are guaranteed a loss on inveatment.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:58:37 AM by Priceline »

Trust me, I know a guy!

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 02:54:03 AM »
Not all Black Math crews are bad. I mean, Deus has a good point that they're not exactly the best at paying their debts but they're not all giant assholes. Don't get me wrong, they're crazy, but not all of them are kill everyone crazy. Some try to survive as long as they can, working with other Taker crews to do so.

Though I do have to admit they kind of tend to go down a dark hole if left out in the Loss too long.
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 03:05:21 AM »
Not all Black Math crews are bad. I mean, Deus has a good point that they're not exactly the best at paying their debts but they're not all giant assholes. Don't get me wrong, they're crazy, but not all of them are kill everyone crazy. Some try to survive as long as they can, working with other Taker crews to do so.

Though I do have to admit they kind of tend to go down a dark hole if left out in the Loss too long.

I'm not saying any of them are assholes.  Some of them are pretty cool cats from my experience.

All I'm saying is that Black Math, Crusader, WhateverTheNewestGroupIs, all of 'em need to pay in advance or your going to loose money on 'em. Everytime.

Trust me, I know a guy!

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 03:12:01 AM »

I'm not saying any of them are assholes.  Some of them are pretty cool cats from my experience.

All I'm saying is that Black Math, Crusader, WhateverTheNewestGroupIs, all of 'em need to pay in advance or your going to loose money on 'em. Everytime.

Oh no, I totally agree on that. Always get paid in advance when dealing with those types of groups. Also knights, never trust a knight's word. They'll stiff you, trust me.
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Voodoo Chile

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 03:37:25 AM »

You know,  my uncle used to tell me "ain't nothing worse in life than a converted Catholic or a reformed smoker." Its the converts to these crazy cults that you gotta look out for. They're the nuttiest because they were "convinced" to join it and gotta make up for lost time on the crazy train. If the weirdo is seasoned, he'll deal almost like a sane human being if he's made it that far. If they"re new to the whole thing, it ain't worth the battery charge you used to call em.

Overtime

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 11:10:23 AM »
A group has holed up in an old Buddhist Monastery in the hills. I'm guessing they're Black Math. These idiots ring the bell there every few hours and take on the horde that gathers.

I got an ex-black math in the group. She says this checks out. Seen them do it with air raid sirens too.

Wonder how they plan to stay stocked. Might be worth figuring out if it's more profitable to knock them over, or sell them ammo.

Pixie

• Bait
  • GM, Player, Writer, Editor, Librarian
    • View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 01:38:12 AM »
Might be worth figuring out if it's more profitable to knock them over, or sell them ammo.

Well, maybe I've been out too long, but why would you knock over the group that's purposefully kiting all the casualties off the enclaves in the area? Sounds like they're doing the area a service, turning themselves into a casualty sink.
Former Taker. Emergency Medical Advice at reasonable rates

Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads