Author Topic: Status Update: Not Dead. yay.  (Read 1499 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
Status Update: Not Dead. yay.
« on: July 11, 2017, 09:25:27 PM »
Good news, not dead.  Bad news, Vector nearly bit my left hand off.  I...uh...may still lose it. One of em was playing torpor and took out the melee guy in a single hit.  I raised to shoot, missed its head, and he came in.  It was either the hand or my neck so yeah, I made that choice. 

Big Boy's waiting on a good rainstorm or two or something because there's a lot of blight and we don't have a lot of water right now.  And I'm the only latent left in the area.  No more latents means no more need for my lil business.  Nor my side job.

I am so fucked.  I don't know what to do.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:41:47 PM by CodeBlue »
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
    • View Profile
Re: Status Update: Not Dead. yay.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 04:08:43 AM »
Crusaders are always recruiting, any medical knowledge you have they would value. Other than that find a good train track pick a direction and follow it until you get to an Enclave. I don't know enough about your area yet to help set you up with a location that will take you in. Even if I did, I don't have the cred to get you in even if I pointed you towards an Enclave.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 04:18:34 AM »
Glad to hear you made it out alive, though not in one piece I guess. If you're looking for a place to stay you can always head over here to Portside, we could always use the medical knowledge. I think we still got a guy that does prosthetics, though he'll charge you up the ass for it. Just make sure you stay clear of RenCon territory if you do head over to here, they will string you up and dangle your Vector ass from a tree. Seriously, fuck those guys. 
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Silver

• Taker
  • Jason S
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 05:46:33 AM »
Good news, not dead.  Bad news, Vector nearly bit my left hand off.  I...uh...may still lose it. One of em was playing torpor and took out the melee guy in a single hit.  I raised to shoot, missed its head, and he came in.  It was either the hand or my neck so yeah, I made that choice. 

Big Boy's waiting on a good rainstorm or two or something because there's a lot of blight and we don't have a lot of water right now.  And I'm the only latent left in the area.  No more latents means no more need for my lil business.  Nor my side job.

I am so fucked.  I don't know what to do.

For starters you might want to give [this] guy a call over Ubiq. His handle is Chopshop and he deals in quality and affordable prosthetics--everything from basic commercial hand replacements to shoulder-mounted DARPA cyberarms with the governors removed. I'll vouch for the quality of his work, and he even offers payment in installments. A basic hand prosthetic shouldn't set you back too much, though he will charge extra for installing on a Latent.
Looking for Takers in the Central Valley? Call BLACKLIGHT for good rates and professional work.
Need a name? Click Here for a running list of Takers!

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 07:00:44 PM »
Glad you're okay. Sympathies on the hand. That's a pretty awful feeling.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Referee

• Bait
  • UFit User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »
Glad you made it, Code. Sorry to hear of your losses and best of luck with the recovery.

Everyone is talking prosthetics, but the hand might be saveable with physical therapy, assuming it got stitched up right and you don't lose it to infection. Both big ifs, I know, but I've seen and helped people recover from worse. That said, I'm not an expert, so you should consult one before you make a decision. I can certainly offer you advice on a useful training regimen, though.
Still Lost. Still Achieving. Owner of the Fit Pit.
Semi-retired. Available for urban job consultations or fitness advice.
Inquire at www.enclaveorgchart.ubiq/Achieve/Gettersburg/FitPit

Notable Cheevos:
Achiever
Casualty Clearer
City Stalker
High Scorer
Mercy Street Irregular
Vector Wrangler