Author Topic: Building a score: The Oregon shipyard.  (Read 5244 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
Building a score: The Oregon shipyard.
« on: July 12, 2017, 10:06:37 PM »
Okay guys, as I posted OOCly, its time to build a score!  So, first off, I'll present a location.  Everyone who is interested can post about something of interest there that's worth raiding it for.  After a few posts, we'll move on to hazards and wholesalers, and then construct the job properly.  Feel free to post OOCly your Sensitivity.  I'll roll, to see who has the best plan.

So there's this shipyard company in Oregon that built WW2 stuff.  Its been closed for a while, but I can't help but think what people could raid for a big score.  I keep looking at it, and I remember hearing on here somewhere that someone checked it out and saw a bunch of actual welding supplies locked away.  That means there's got to be propane, really dang useful for welding or fuel overall.  You might need a vehicle, but imagine all of those tanks you could run away with...

Next target idea!
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Silver

• Taker
  • Jason S
    • View Profile
Re: Building a score: The Oregon shipyard.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 11:24:10 PM »
Funnily enough I heard that same rumor about the propane, but it came from a guy who's known for spinning bullshit about stashes of goods to rip finder's fees from people. I'd say 7/10 he's full of it.

What I did hear from a better source, however, is that same shipyard used to be a small enclave called the Port till about four months back. They were working on producing biodiesel for export by recycling human and vegetable waste and mixing it with various industrial chemicals they'd secured on a big score. They had a Vector outbreak and were wiped out not long ago, but those chemical drums are probably still there waiting for someone to haul them away.

Sensitivity is +3 for me! Perks of being the Face.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:59:09 AM by Silver »
Looking for Takers in the Central Valley? Call BLACKLIGHT for good rates and professional work.
Need a name? Click Here for a running list of Takers!

The Passerby

• Taker
  • We all walk past, I can only hope I notice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 12:42:46 AM »
A liberty ship port? Even if you did get the stuff, most of the equipment is obsolete and doesn't have the same manual of procedure for equivalent modern models. Not to mention the age of the more fragile parts, rubber gaskets, pressure valves, that sort of thing. Is it a restoration company sort of thing?

From my own grapevine, I am hearing about the local shipyard was an entrance for import and shipping. Historically, lots of materials going out and in. You got Made In China dollar store toys, some high end vehicles, all that crap, but I hear the really big thing is that a couple of charities and companies use it to ship out clothing to the Third World. Your failed Superbowl team shirts, bulk Red Cross pick ups, that sort of thing.

Grindcloth is all well and good, but some actual clothing with cotton and double stitched pockets is bound to be worth something. Hell, if you just find a container full of flip flops, that's bound to set a Crew up for a little while.

Assuming a base starting character, Sensitivity is at +1.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 10:46:43 AM »
Now I am just picturing a team of raiders running around with actual RAIDERS 2023 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS shirts.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

One Bounty. Two Crypto

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »
Any other  hurr hurr  Takers on this before we move forward?

One Bounty. Two Crypto

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 10:04:11 PM »
moving on!

Rd 1
Code Blue B6R2
Silver  B6R7
Passerby B5R5

Propane is the score item, rolling at 6 bounty per Haul.

Next Topic: Wholesaler.  Same rules apply

I did a favor for a favor yesterday from a guy who did some work out that way.  Some old info of DXM's said that there's a train station that's wanting to expand into that little rail pathway out west.  Trains huh, Neat!  Anyway, they've been needing welding supplies, I figure if they're loaded, that's where I'd run it.

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Referee

• Bait
  • UFit User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 11:50:05 AM »
Oregon, eh? Don't you have that pyromaniac Taker crew full of former firefighters? Specializes in clearing casualties. And towns. And wilderness areas... you get the drift. I bet Hot Takes would happily pay for a bunch of propane.

Sensitivity +2
Still Lost. Still Achieving. Owner of the Fit Pit.
Semi-retired. Available for urban job consultations or fitness advice.
Inquire at www.enclaveorgchart.ubiq/Achieve/Gettersburg/FitPit

Notable Cheevos:
Achiever
Casualty Clearer
City Stalker
High Scorer
Mercy Street Irregular
Vector Wrangler

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 03:45:44 AM »
Most local enclaves are in need of propane, to provide heating, or just to cook with. Like propane as a flamethrowing fuel is just all hot flash, no substance, they'd want napalm, thick sticky fuels...but enclaves, regular folks, they'd want propane because propane has regular uses.

Plus, I hear there is some Quarintecture crews out there that need propane to power forklifts to move shit. Like, that there House of Containers outfit has those heavy duty container rated fork lifts and some of them are powered by propane tanks.

Sensitivity +1, assuming base starting character...are we base starting characters or are we more established? What's the ruling there?
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Silver

• Taker
  • Jason S
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 04:48:42 AM »
If we're talking about propane, I have an...unorthodox buyer in mind. Fellow in Central Cali by the name JDAM, runs a franchise crew of Moths causing trouble for the DHQS. I won't speculate what he might use the stuff for, but if it's "hot" I know he'll pay good Bounty for it.

Sensitivity +3
Looking for Takers in the Central Valley? Call BLACKLIGHT for good rates and professional work.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 11:31:18 AM »
Rules are just what you think your char'd have in their online persona, worst case scenario, you have a higher chance of assembling a score, not exactly gamebreaking

Code Blue - B5R6
The Passerby - B11R9
Silver B8R10

Alright I managed to do some research, and this House of Containers (HOC) guys seem like they'd be really interested in wholesaling it.  Right now they said SIX Bounty per haul!  Holy cow!

Now I know we're all excited about that, hell, I'm scavenging Big Boy looking for anything that may be close enough, but there's bound to be trouble there somewhere.

Now I've been studying it, and thinking about it, and I keep thinking, WW2 shipyard, left to rot for years.  Its not exactly safe architecture.  That place is bound to be covered in slime or seaweed, with no OSHA regs on anything.  It'd be a heck of a tripping hazard.

Onto expected trouble on the job!

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Silver

• Taker
  • Jason S
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 03:51:01 AM »
I mean yeah, it's a given that the place is old and rusty, but you really think that's enough to stop desperate Takers from clearing the place out? Takers up north must be bush league.

No, what I think's keeping people from grabbing all that propane are the river pirates who hunt up and down the Columbia river. They like to hide their boats in whatever nooks and crannies they can find along the coast, and I'd bet an old shipyard would make a great hideout for a couple of gunned-up yachts full of Darwinists. They probably don't even know the place is a goldmine, just rolled on in and threw tarps over their rides without poking around much. If you wanna get the goods out of that shipyard, you'll have to get past them.

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 05:03:00 AM »
More often or not, I hear there are some major airborne hazards out there. Carbon monoxide gas clouds, sink holes around infrastructure cracking old mains and chemical holding tanks, heard some ghost stories of just dead bodies laying around. No bites, no gunshots, no nothing. Just dead corpses laying around.

Frankly I think it's the stuff you can't see that will get you faster than any C or Darwin.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 11:55:07 PM »
Code Blue  B5R6
Silver B13R1
The Passerby B5R1

Silver has the highest Black success

While nobody has attempted the job, the complication involves yacht-based piracy.

Summary:

Oregon Dock Yards from WW2 contains propane that's still good for a score.  It can be sold to an enclave known as the House of Containers, built out of you guessed it, shipping containers, but the area has been commandeered by a group of yacht pirates.

Okay so that's a basic concept, but it is missing a good twist to make it more fun.   Anyone got an extra interesting twist to this?

One Bounty. Two Crypto

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 12:21:01 AM »
Easiest thing, bad weather and a monster. Make it foggy as hell, and there is something out there. With you...and them...oh no.

Silver

• Taker
  • Jason S
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 12:22:17 AM »
Code Blue  B5R6
Silver B13R1
The Passerby B5R1

Silver has the highest Black success

While nobody has attempted the job, the complication involves yacht-based piracy.

Summary:

Oregon Dock Yards from WW2 contains propane that's still good for a score.  It can be sold to an enclave known as the House of Containers, built out of you guessed it, shipping containers, but the area has been commandeered by a group of yacht pirates.

Okay so that's a basic concept, but it is missing a good twist to make it more fun.   Anyone got an extra interesting twist to this?

So the yacht pirates are the known danger, but the unforeseen complication is that the propane is stored in a 1000 gallon tank instead of easy to carry drums. The Takers will have to fuel up some of the leftover 20lb tanks to haul away the goods, since they're obviously not walking back to the wholesaler with a massive metal container bolted into the concrete. This makes it interesting because the pirates are initially away when the Takers arrive, and come back when they're in the middle of fueling up.

Alternatively if that isn't spicy enough, the complication is that a storm is rolling in towards the coast and will probably wipe the shipyard off the map (Or at least the parts they care about) and they have a limited window to get the goods and get out. They'll likely be caught in the leading edge--wind and rain--if and when they have their tangle with the pirates, making it a much more dramatic encounter.