Author Topic: Should I take Soma?  (Read 3423 times)

Referee

• Bait
  • UFit User
    • View Profile
Re: Should I take Soma?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 03:09:56 PM »
Its dangerous to use at all, don't use it. Had a friend get some of that, and he was sick for weeks. He stayed in the enclave that long by sorting parts. No one cares if you puke your brains out if you sort the nuts and bolts.

As loathe as I am to encourage the recreational use of Soma, as far as I know, this is not something that usually happens. Your friend was either badly allergic to something in the Soma, or he got bad drugs disguised as Soma, which I warned about in an above post. Being sick for weeks might indicate the latter - he was probably lucky to recover from it at all: I've heard about organ damage leading to death from poorly 'cooked' drugs disguised as Soma. Fort Remedy in particular has a ton of tutorials on how to check for that shit, as they're one of the few Loss enclaves capable of producing Soma and they don't want anyone cutting into their market or destroying Soma's 'rep'.

It does emphasize my point that if you need to buy Soma to handle life in the Loss, then you should always check your purchases for sugar pills or krokodils.
Still Lost. Still Achieving. Owner of the Fit Pit.
Semi-retired. Available for urban job consultations or fitness advice.
Inquire at www.enclaveorgchart.ubiq/Achieve/Gettersburg/FitPit

Notable Cheevos:
Achiever
Casualty Clearer
City Stalker
High Scorer
Mercy Street Irregular
Vector Wrangler

Nomad

• Bait
  • Has a lot of bad Karma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 08:50:37 PM »
I was on Soma for a while after Utility. It didn't help. It made things worse. And now I can never get that time back.

I don't get why that stuff ever became popular with you Takers.
Interested in helping to reclaim the Loss? We are currently hiring contractors for high-risk assignments. Ask for details.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 10:33:14 PM »
I don't get why that stuff ever became popular with you Takers.

its not a recreational thing its (like most meds actually) needed for that breaking point thats about to overtake you. you take it when you absolutely have to and move on. though like anything there are people who warp it (or try to) into something its not.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Varlaax

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 10:24:41 PM »
Anyone tried Strawberry flavour Soma yet? Maybe even Chai Soma.

We have better taste than our America cousins. Imports anyone?

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 06:06:46 AM »

wait,. it comes in other flavors? in the states as far as i can tell you get standard / extra strength / or military industrial strength as your only options. you lads over there have enough free-time and resources to pretty up your poisons of choice? or are you getting placebos? had someone try passing off knockoff a few years back down the coast and lets say that they wish C's had gotten them... cartels dont play...
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Fisticuffs

• Taker
  • Face so full of fives you can't tell he's latent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 03:48:16 AM »

wait,. it comes in other flavors? in the states as far as i can tell you get standard / extra strength / or military industrial strength as your only options. you lads over there have enough free-time and resources to pretty up your poisons of choice? or are you getting placebos? had someone try passing off knockoff a few years back down the coast and lets say that they wish C's had gotten them... cartels dont play...

Still better than Meek Brand Supressin. Just make sure you can't wipe off the DHQS logo with your thumb.
-Creating a significant subtraction one former US citizen at a time.
#Lost4Life #Latent&Proud

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 05:06:32 AM »
Still better than Meek Brand Supressin. Just make sure you can't wipe off the DHQS logo with your thumb.

no chance of that, in the local area the cartels run the soma business and noone tries anything on them, not after the last time that is. still cant say what was more traumatizing, the first vector i saw or what happened with their 'examples'

Varlaax

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 10:28:22 PM »
Overpopulation + Cheap Soma + UK Culture + Immigration.

Yes we have different flavours of Soma. It just isnt as cheap as the vanilla version.

Dr. Opprobrious Rex

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 05:20:47 AM »
Speaking as a medical professional.... YOU SHOULD TOTALLY TAKE SOMA! and weed, and chocolate, preferably all at once. If you happen to be in the Brinehold enclave this week or whatever enclave is east of there next week, I'll give ya a 20% discount on a week supply and 20 minutes with one of my nursing staff if you buy in bulk! 

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2018, 11:38:46 AM »
oh now I get it, you're a LALA in disguise. You're trumping up all situations to sell off what you have.  Wow, Rex, get off the forums and go back to reading Rand.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 11:11:34 PM »
Recreationally, no.
In the field, judiciously.

Some of us are strong enough to see a screaming Vector tearing at us, apologizing the entire way, and put half a clip into its face before the monster gets close. Some of us have the presence of mind and self-control to immediately start looking for Casualties and other Vectors that followed the first one.

Then there's other people for whom the above experience would be traumatic. You drop your gun because your hand shakes, you start to cry because it reminded you of somebody you used to know, your life flashes before your eyes and you don't want to die, or maybe you're just new and never saw a Vector before.

If you're the latter type, take the Soma. Pull yourself together, finish the Job, and balance out once you get home.

Once there, do what it takes. Gardening, sipping whiskey, tea, bag of weed; you get your head on right so that you can eventually become that first type of person.

Or you find a new career. One or the other.

Varlaaax

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 08:43:48 AM »
The number of posts about Soma is too damn high!

Wait, wrong LifeLines thread.

VB3

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 08:26:07 PM »
Varlaaax.

Soma. No. Mosta the time your jokes were crap.

R.I.P.

Oh damn. We overlap.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:09:59 PM by VB3 »
Immune Be "Free".

Escaped the Loss Me.

Sell my Cache for Cash.

Tell no lies, accept no blame.

Croseus finally became my Fame.

BM@UBQ

VB3

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 08:26:53 PM »
Does it help? I just want to feel normal again. Like I used to. I just want to be happy.

Yes. Soma=☺

Take r No Soma=😵

Better in a coma.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:10:45 PM by VB3 »
Immune Be "Free".

Escaped the Loss Me.

Sell my Cache for Cash.

Tell no lies, accept no blame.

Croseus finally became my Fame.

BM@UBQ

Askew

• Taker
  • Sean B, Local Market, Larval Podcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2019, 02:05:26 AM »
I mean, the only people I know personally that take it were screaming from night terrors. The sceaming stopped, but they’re sitting in the enclave watching the grass grow, which I guess is an improvement (at least it’s not pulling in Cs at the asscrack of dawn).

That said I never heard of someone taking SOMA recreationally until this thread. Tho I suppose sometimes forgetting about the Crash/Loss/etc and staring at the sun for a few hours is preferable for some folks.

You do you, just don’t get fucking bit and make more Vecs or Cs. Plenty enough of those going around as it is.