Author Topic: Job: Time, now  (Read 1268 times)

villainbach

• Bait
  • Member of Carte Blanche
    • View Profile
    • Autumn by the Wayside
Job: Time, now
« on: June 22, 2017, 02:07:02 PM »
The Legend had me at the coast earlier today, confirming the locations of a few friendly holdouts. Came upon an interesting prospect for the poorly sighted, like myself.

Tucked neatly away in a little bay down here is a nice, sandy beach. Part of a pre-crash preserve, I think. There's a scuba place there but you wouldn't know it from above, it's backed up against the cliffside to minimize the chances of particularly high tide or ambitious wave from washing everything away. Speaking of the cliff, you've got to follow a narrow series of switchbacks to get down there from the parking lot. Not dangerous on its own, but just about anybody below will be able to see you coming and anyone behind will have you trapped. Such are the perils of the new world, I suppose.

The scuba gear would sell to a niche crowd, but the real draw of this place is that, back in the day, you could rent prescription goggles- they've got cases of the things. They look silly, sure, but they're a hell of a lot more durable and they stay on your head when you fight.

There's probably some bounty in the lockers, too, but as soon as I pried one open, the beach outside started to crawl. It's a minefield of causalities, washing up on the shore, falling down into the bay- hundreds of them that just lay about and get buried in the sand, waiting for something to wake them up. There's about half a mile of sand between the scuba place and the switchbacks but it feels a lot longer when you realize what's buried there. A taker group that doesn't know any better might find themselves cornered.

I've marked it on the Map with a red 'X': opportunity, and danger.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:38:30 PM by villainbach »

Reverend Green

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Job: Time, now
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »
Maybe the Casualties are from one of the flotillas that popped up during the crash(?). Anyone know where these casualties came from? It'd be good to know for us east coast states.

Also I think I heard of this beach, Wasn't it the site of a beach renewal programme? I remember there being something in the papers about a project happening there or am I misremembering(I used most of my papers as fuel the first winter)?

villainbach

• Bait
  • Member of Carte Blanche
    • View Profile
    • Autumn by the Wayside
Re: Job: Time, now
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 02:42:50 PM »
We don't have much information past the coast. Each time the Legend sends a Cartographer out there, we lose contact. We've marked it on the Map: 'Here be dragons.'

Take it as you will.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:25:35 PM by villainbach »