Author Topic: Questions for Freebird  (Read 2123 times)

KgreaterthanD

• Bait
    • View Profile
Questions for Freebird
« on: July 26, 2017, 12:01:30 PM »
Hey freebird,

I need some advice.

I've been rocking an unmodified Springfield M1903, basically since day one. It has put up with a lot of shit. But I am thinking about moving over to a black gun. I want something as rugged, as my M1903, but I want greater versitility. Any suggestions?

Gary_McSchmizzle

• Bait
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Questions for Freebird
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 09:21:42 PM »
Upgrade your gun and paint it black, and boom your problem is solved
Local 70 year old diplomatic taker, who is the leader of The Boulder Men Crew

KgreaterthanD

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 10:28:43 PM »
 Bite me, Bait!

Blackgun = assault rifles.

Gary_McSchmizzle

• Bait
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 01:34:05 AM »
Bloody hell!How am i supposed to adjust to this new world where assault rifles are called "black guns." Back in my day we didn't name guns after their color, because that would confusing as all hell.

Local 70 year old diplomatic taker, who is the leader of The Boulder Men Crew

The Passerby

• Taker
  • We all walk past, I can only hope I notice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 04:33:04 AM »
I suggest you just get an AR15. They're everywhere and there's like a couple of million of places you can get them. 5.56 is still being dumped into the Loss by Recession arms dealers by the container. If you go into the old archives, you can find mid tests videos th that show they work better than AKs. As for your M1903,  kudos for learning to work the bolt.

Frankly it is probably going to be cheaper to feed them finding old 30-06. The Greek and Korean surplus is dried up.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

KgreaterthanD

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 05:43:25 AM »
I suggest you just get an AR15. They're everywhere and there's like a couple of million of places you can get them. 5.56 is still being dumped into the Loss by Recession arms dealers by the container. If you go into the old archives, you can find mid tests videos th that show they work better than AKs.

Okay, this pretty much feeds into the message I expected to here.

As for your M1903,  kudos for learning to work the bolt.

Back home, gun culture is ALL bolt and breach load. Bolt action wasn't the adjustment for me, it was moving up to the .30-06 Springfield, from the .22 I grew up shooting.4

Frankly it is probably going to be cheaper to feed them finding old 30-06. The Greek and Korean surplus is dried up.
That is something I hadn't really considered. Good catch.

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 08:04:01 AM »
Ran into a couple assholes who managed to get some lever action repeaters working, don't know how they faired we just spotted them in the distance while on the road at one point. Are lever actions any good when you can't maintain them super well. Like we still used bolt action rifles, but something must have lead to the transition from lever being obsolete.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.