Author Topic: 7/28 - Blue's diary  (Read 1734 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
7/28 - Blue's diary
« on: July 29, 2017, 12:39:09 AM »
First off, not sure why everyone keeps calling me a guy.  But whatever, must be the veins.

Uhhh life sucks, like really badly.  I've been relegated to turnip farming, or rather I was for about eight minutes before someone questioned what happened if I sweat near the turnips.  So that's out.   I actually sort of liked the idea of gardening/farming, I needed to build up some endurance anyway. 

I said I'd leave Big Boy, and so I am.  And it feels really weird, and vulnerable now.  I mean, I lived in a shithole to begin with, but I knew those people, and now there's just no work for me.  I think back to the dustbowl days when people migrated for work, picking orchards.  I honestly think that orchard work'd be a good fit for most enclaves now but up north here, the land, not so good for such things.  I wonder how things are in SoCal?  Do they have orchards there anymore?

I don't even know if that's the right spot.  I don't have enough Ubiq power to worry about that.

Dammit, I miss being able to binge Wikipedia!  I loved just learning anything under the sun.  Most of it was shit trivia, sure, but suddenly you understand a little more about the world about you.  And I always felt it was so dang....good for the world, to just learn a little more.  It doesn't matter about what, it mattered that you understood something.  That you never stopped learning.  Everything you learn makes you more relatable, giving you more chances to understand other viewpoints.

okay so back to now.

I met up with a caravan, and begged on as a guard.  They had a guy that was hurt bad, and Big Boy took him, so it may be temp work, but I'll be out for a trip.  No bounty signup, but they promised full rations to all hands.  Its not a lot of food, but it isn't nothing, which I had for four days.   The lack of caloric intake really hit me too.  See, there's no horses or vehicles for Trada's group.  Thats his name.  "Trada"  as in well. trader.   

We all schlep backpacks of goods.  Its a stupid idea because well, theft and vectors could change things up, but they have nothing better, and its a living.  That, I am used to. 

I used the last of my bounty to pay for food for...uhm, I don't want to tell you about whom its going towards, I mean we all have someone, but I'm not wanting to talk about that.  Just know that I'm flat broke now.  I don't even have a full first aid kit anymore, not that half of it was sterile to begin with.

no silenced pistol or anything.  I'm a good shot I think, but my gun is loud, and I think that's a real problem.   Most of the time I'm the meat.  Not supposed to fire unless I have to.  So I have to stand in front, and hope nobody shoots me in the back as murderous undead  shamble at me.

Scares the hell out of me, every time.   However, I also get corpse fondling duties, and I'm pretty thorough about that, so that works out well.  I've got a good eye for the scrounging, hope to work that up to being a trader of my own or something. 

Its been three miles of walking today.  No real incidents aside from those four Cs that we came across.  One of the guys has a harmonica, Trada said it was quiet enough he could play it.  And its really folksy.  You know?

Its real people out here, and they're nice enough.  Its a small group, we can't be pissed off at each other, and I'm learning.  I just wish it paid more, but yeah...we're on our way to the Corn Palace, so thats quite a trip, but I hear its holding up well.  That's a full state away on foot, but the ground is mostly level here, and we're using a highway for most of our travels.  Wish I had a better pair of shoes.  Still, if there's bounty to be made.  Yeah...gotta eat.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:47:46 AM by CodeBlue »
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

The Passerby

• Taker
  • We all walk past, I can only hope I notice.
    • View Profile
Re: 7/28 - Blue's diary
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 03:49:43 AM »
Just to check, but are we suppose to reply? Like is this to be taken as a publicly available blog or is this Blue's actual diary?
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Referee

• Bait
  • UFit User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 04:36:59 AM »
Best of luck out there. Keep us up to date if you can spare the juice.
Still Lost. Still Achieving. Owner of the Fit Pit.
Semi-retired. Available for urban job consultations or fitness advice.
Inquire at www.enclaveorgchart.ubiq/Achieve/Gettersburg/FitPit

Notable Cheevos:
Achiever
Casualty Clearer
City Stalker
High Scorer
Mercy Street Irregular
Vector Wrangler

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 11:04:15 AM »
Just to check, but are we suppose to reply? Like is this to be taken as a publicly available blog or is this Blue's actual diary?

I figure it needs to be a Ubiq diary, I figure there's got to be several going on.  Comment as you wish.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto