Author Topic: And Then There's THESE Assholes: Bad Client List  (Read 6616 times)

Flatcap

• Bait
    • View Profile
And Then There's THESE Assholes: Bad Client List
« on: June 23, 2017, 04:20:17 AM »
Alright, we need to do something about this. How many times have you gone out, risked your neck, and then the client turns out to not have the money? Or turns out he was using you as Bait to pull some nasty stuff you would never give them the time of day if you'd know they were pulling?

This thread is about the worst jobgivers (clients, providers or whatever you call them) you've ever had. Maybe if we can get a nice list going we can stop some other poor Taker getting suckered in by their bullshit.

(Oh, and try and verify other people's posts. I figure some assholes are going to try and put fake names on here. Fact-check, people.)

So, our red-flag jobgiver was this MAGA-hat wearing sumbitch named Goodyear. Anybody else worked for him (and survived)? Dude is going to feed you into a meatgrinder every time. I think he gets off on watching Takers march off to their deaths. Don't trust any information about the job site he gives you, it's alawys going to be worse than he said and you're always going to need more money than he's offering...
The Amazing Bionic Latent

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: And Then There's THESE Assholes: Bad Client List
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 04:57:05 AM »
Guy named Merlin. Likes to think of himself as a hoity-toity badass, even dresses up like a wizard, but everyone only listens to him because he has the Bounty. He has a thing for stiffing crews out of their money and will even sick his muscle on them if they have something of value he wants. He commonly refers to Takers as "riff-raff peasantry playing pretend Robin Hoods." Why people still take jobs from this guy is beyond me.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:15:47 PM by LostinWonderland »
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 03:11:33 PM »
Every Randian psycho that breaths.

You're welcome.
Professional Hustler - Freelance Negotiator - Fulltime Taker

Trust me, I know a guy!

Zeke

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »

You're welcome.

Couldn't agree with you more

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 03:34:41 PM »

You're welcome.

Couldn't agree with you more

Ditto
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Flatcap

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 06:42:00 PM »
See, there's something we can all agree on...

Nobody wants to work for an ATTAboy (or ATTAgirl). And it just so happens that there's a strong overlap in the Venn diagram of "people who still read Atlas Shrugged" and "people on the ATTA list". Funny how those things work out...

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 08:32:26 PM »
One guy I knew, he was a piece of shit, not because he didn't pay, but because he would pay, AND TELL EVERYONE what he paid you. "Hey I payed these guys all 30 bounty, (covering rent and covering dangers of travel). Hey these guys made money, come and take it from them. Calls him self ACC0untant.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

Brigand

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »
Heard tell of this guy operating over here as a 'Recession archaeologist'. Claims he's either French or Dutch and calls upon people in the America's to find him historical artifacts that didn't get shipped over, but he's actually using this to scam Takers into probing hot zones. Crew ends up dead, he has another crew go in to check for their stuff. Thing is, he never gets any of his 'references' to cities and places right. Goes by the handle Prof3ss0r. DHQS operator maybe?

Dr.Dee

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 10:02:00 PM »

So, our red-flag jobgiver was this MAGA-hat wearing sumbitch named Goodyear. Anybody else worked for him (and survived)? Dude is going to feed you into a meatgrinder every time. I think he gets off on watching Takers march off to their deaths. Don't trust any information about the job site he gives you, it's alawys going to be worse than he said and you're always going to need more money than he's offering...

Oh man, what that guy in Southern Nevada?  'Cause I came across an asshole just like that.  Some rich a-hole from Orange County.  Took the name because, he says, when the shit hit the fan he literally stole the Goodyear Blimp that was out near the 405 and flew it to the Hoover Dam!  12 Million people died in So-Cal but this dick survives.  I didn't take his job but it wouldn't surprise me if this is his MO. 
“Looking at the past must only be a means of understanding more clearly what and who they are so that they can more wisely build the future.”
― Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 10:25:45 PM »
People who throw takers into the unknown, just to get their shit make me mad for a few reasons. Reason 1, I'm an info broker, if you wanna know if a place could be hot, or is hot, talk to me and trade me info. Reason 2, takers are a valuable commodity, many people need takers, and not everyone is suited for that work. It's like watching a banker burn dollar bills in your face. Reason 3, guy like that might be DHQS,(I'll dig into that later), and trying to make the loss less resistant because they believe the takers are the first line of defense, when T-minus Never happens.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

Flatcap

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 10:35:46 PM »

Oh man, what that guy in Southern Nevada?  'Cause I came across an asshole just like that.  Some rich a-hole from Orange County.  Took the name because, he says, when the shit hit the fan he literally stole the Goodyear Blimp that was out near the 405 and flew it to the Hoover Dam!  12 Million people died in So-Cal but this dick survives.  I didn't take his job but it wouldn't surprise me if this is his MO.

Montana - anybody know if trade winds blow that way?

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 12:42:38 AM »
So the particular guy I have in mind is dead - "Governor" Jeff Carnavan, if anybody remembers the SOB - but he taught me two good general principles:

1. Never work for anybody claiming to be the legit government out here.

2. Always, ALWAYS check physical Bounty payments for counterfeits. Immediately. Run those drivers' licenses before you let your client walk away.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Dr.Dee

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 06:25:09 AM »

Montana - anybody know if trade winds blow that way?

Alright, Imma make it my rule not to do business with anyone that calls themselves Goodyear.  They're probably awful.
“Looking at the past must only be a means of understanding more clearly what and who they are so that they can more wisely build the future.”
― Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed

Deadbody

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 09:08:02 AM »
Bad clients are easy to deal with. Takers who try and sell their own crew to the DHQS, that's another subject.
(This space for rent, 1 bounty)

Askew

• Taker
  • Sean B, Local Market, Larval Podcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 02:54:23 PM »
Heard tell of this guy operating over here as a 'Recession archaeologist'. Claims he's either French or Dutch and calls upon people in the America's to find him historical artifacts that didn't get shipped over, but he's actually using this to scam Takers into probing hot zones. Crew ends up dead, he has another crew go in to check for their stuff. Thing is, he never gets any of his 'references' to cities and places right. Goes by the handle Prof3ss0r. DHQS operator maybe?

If the Takers aren't getting eaten by stampedes, I have to wonder if he somehow had intel on A sightings.