Author Topic: Crazy things we see.  (Read 2691 times)

Grifter

• Bait
    • View Profile
Crazy things we see.
« on: August 03, 2017, 05:41:51 AM »
God-damn. It's crazy out here. Just got back from the League's first job. Simple pick up job for some crazy lady who wanted her wedding bands so she could marry her fiancé. No biggie right? Here's where it gets....interesting.

We've had some of them StopLoss guys holed up at Fort Stone for awhile and three of em got bored and accepted this crazy coot job months ago. Never came back. But we take the job anyway because we need some scratch, but as we were leaving this crazies house i..noticed something that was off. So we do the job, easy enough. Ran into a few casualties but nothin we couldn't handle.

Get back to the house, this crazy lady had it all ready done up. She had a dress on, a preacher man, and her....fiance. At this point I am completely sure this insane lady is about to get hitched to a casualty. But hey, she paid me so who am I to judge. Asks us to bare witness to the wedding. Not a big fan on weddings but we stayed...in the back...with guns in our hands.

Ceremony ends. Preacher man says you can kiss the bride then very hastily throws himself out of a window and takes off like the damn Road runner. Turns out its not just a casualty. Its a God-damn vector. One of them Ever-Vectors I'd heard about. She had strapped up inside a BDSM suit under the tux but when she let it go to 'kiss the bride'..well we all know what happens next. I promptly shoot the vec while it's tearing into the wife, then run up and dump a round in her head before she  was able to turn...because F*<k Vectors.

We searched the place. Found a pile of corpses in the basement. Even found the StopLoss folks. Best I can tell is when people would come for the job, she couldn't pay what they wanted so she fed em to the Vec and used their shit to offer more to the next crew. Psycho. Crazy. Shit.

Either way, I got a nice payday and ended the killing spree of a crazy lady. Life goes on.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
Re: Crazy things we see.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 10:22:36 AM »
Jesus, why would you even ask that?
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Grifter

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 11:56:32 AM »
How long did the vector maul the wife, i hope it was a beautiful death...and wedding.

I don't mess with vectors. That thing was dead as fast as I could fire my shotgun.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 11:44:07 PM »
I don't mess with vectors. That thing was dead as fast as I could fire my shotgun.

Amen to that. Hell enclaves fall when all the safety precautions are met, much less some bait out in the field with something to prove. guess Darwins not quite done with us after-all. anyway, thats an insane story for sure. keep an eye out for those jobs with secret unpaid 'hazards' and keep your eyes open for ways out. happy this one worked out for you and yours though.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 05:37:35 PM »
Something crazy I have seen is a C walking around with a door around its waist. Like it had broken through a a door halfway through then the door broke, but the thing is the door was in great condition. It wasn't scary, it was damn near comical.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 12:38:22 AM »
mine actualy has very little to do with the job or C's. we were combing an area as an advanced scouting team to find out weather an area was ok for a caravan to travel through, been with them for a few days, worked with them in the past for little pay but usually works out as a side job on another project. anyway. as were moving through the area TomCat starts cussing into his mic and Jones is silent, so im thinking something gone wrong and me and Bulldog nearly kill ourselves getting over to them. turns out Jones was silent because hed muted his coms because he was laughing so hard he couldn't have spoken anyway. the source of his amusement? turns out some of the monkeys (i guess from the local zoos?) had set up shop in a shop and TomCat had apparently crossed into their turf and so hes got 6 or 7 of them swarming him... not doing much of anything aside from some shallow cuts and whatnot but still. needless to say he dident find it very funny even after we got them scattered and did a quick check on him. while not funny at the time the stories by far one of the strangest ive seen.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Varlaax

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 12:00:22 AM »
I saw a man drinking tea.

Without a milk substitute.

Horrible.

Worse than coffee.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 12:34:43 PM by Varlaax »

Nomad

• Bait
  • Has a lot of bad Karma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 03:33:12 PM »
I once met a man who thought he was a casualty. Turns out he got bit a few days before we ran into him, but he was immune. We checked. No sign of the blight. The guy's mind just snapped and he walked around trying to bite people. I'm pretty sure dehydration eventually got him.
Interested in helping to reclaim the Loss? We are currently hiring contractors for high-risk assignments. Ask for details.

Fisticuffs

• Taker
  • Face so full of fives you can't tell he's latent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 03:42:26 AM »
I once met a man who thought he was a casualty. Turns out he got bit a few days before we ran into him, but he was immune. We checked. No sign of the blight. The guy's mind just snapped and he walked around trying to bite people. I'm pretty sure dehydration eventually got him.

Where did you find him? was he just hanging outside of an enclave or was he just really confused when people kept letting him gnaw at them harmlessly.
-Creating a significant subtraction one former US citizen at a time.
#Lost4Life #Latent&Proud

Nomad

• Bait
  • Has a lot of bad Karma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 10:52:27 AM »

Where did you find him? was he just hanging outside of an enclave or was he just really confused when people kept letting him gnaw at them harmlessly.

I won't say the exact location, since my particular career path requires a bit of silence, though it was a small enclave somewhere in Colorado. It's a nice little place based out of an old truck rest stop. They didn't know what to do so they threw him in the latent zone and chained him to the flag pole. He was pretty confused but I think it had more to do with the trauma he went through and dehydration, rather than his "condition". I'm not a psychiatrist though.
Interested in helping to reclaim the Loss? We are currently hiring contractors for high-risk assignments. Ask for details.

Fisticuffs

• Taker
  • Face so full of fives you can't tell he's latent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 05:12:09 AM »
Turns out its not just a casualty. Its a God-damn vector. One of them Ever-Vectors I'd heard about. She had strapped up inside a BDSM suit under the tux but when she let it go to 'kiss the bride'..well we all know what happens next. I promptly shoot the vec while it's tearing into the wife, then run up and dump a round in her head before she  was able to turn...because F*<k Vectors.

also... how... how did she get him into the suit?
-Creating a significant subtraction one former US citizen at a time.
#Lost4Life #Latent&Proud

SoCal Sweetheart

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 02:35:00 AM »
I saw some C’s dressed like pirates once trapped inside a candy-colored schoolbus by the side of the road. We spent all next day arguing about who they were and what they were doing in Bakersville.

Gully

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 07:17:20 AM »
Before my aunt and I joined Summit three years ago, we spent most of our time innawoods. Not many stories, really, unless you want to hear the thrilling tale of when I dug a spiderhole and sat in it with a camo tarp over my head for eighteen hours straight again.

(I saw a cricket. And felt a lot more. And only got to use my specs for an hour of it, because we were low on charge.)

Anyway, we're walking around, looking for berries and maybe some good trees to pull edible bark from and not saying a thing to each other because that's how Aunt Fish does it, and we basically bump into a casualty.

Aunt Fish takes care of it before I'm done processing what we walked into, because she's the best, and we notice that it hasn't got any teeth in its mouth. None.

We keep going. That bark isn't going to collect itself.

It isn't long before we come across another one, though, and this one's further in the distance so Aunt Fish decides it's time again for me to practice shooting. I basically nail it, but she wants to get up closer to see exactly how far off I am from the dead center so that she can criticize my technique.

It's got no teeth, like the last one.

Maybe twenty minutes later, we finally come across this campsite with a couple more of the toothless SOBs wandering around. At this point Aunt Fish is more curious than she is paranoid, and supplies would be nice, so we get rid of the casualties and scavenge the camp, eventually making our way to the shack where the counselors or whoever would live, and... there's ten more of them, all standing in a cluster near a bed except for one, who's strapped to the bed.

That one's got about half its teeth still in its mouth. The others, I presume, are in the dish on the little coffee table, which in turn is next to a humongous jar with a lot more teeth in it. And then Aunt Fish almost gets bitten, because one of the free casualties does have teeth, but what it doesn't have, we figure out after, is the top bit of its left middle finger.

There's a lot we don't know here. Obviously, some wackadoo, maybe an evil dentist (or good dentist? it was dentistry done on casualties after all), was capturing casualties and removing their teeth. Not sure why. Also, obviously, dude got bitten by his final patient. But, uh, why was it still strapped down and why was he still there? Did he just sit around and wait to turn? Did he somehow strap down a Vector and not have time to finish or get away or anything? I'll be trying to figure that one out till I die.

Also, addendum: I took the jug of teeth with us, because what else was I going to do the next time I had to sit in a spiderhole for eighteen hours, and, uh, judging by the number of teeth in there, there were at least twelve more toothless casualties wandering out there. I wonder what happened to them.

Silver

• Taker
  • Jason S
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 06:11:05 AM »
Something crazy I have seen is a C walking around with a door around its waist. Like it had broken through a a door halfway through then the door broke, but the thing is the door was in great condition. It wasn't scary, it was damn near comical.

The shit I see hanging off Casualties could probably fill a scrapbook. Barbed wire crown, toilet bowl ring, picture frame...

One time I even saw a scrambler with a pair of fuzzy handcuffs on its wrist. Was missing the other hand though.
Looking for Takers in the Central Valley? Call BLACKLIGHT for good rates and professional work.
Need a name? Click Here for a running list of Takers!

Gully

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 07:08:55 AM »
The shit I see hanging off Casualties could probably fill a scrapbook. Barbed wire crown, toilet bowl ring, picture frame...

One time I even saw a scrambler with a pair of fuzzy handcuffs on its wrist. Was missing the other hand though.

That'd make a great game for anyone who's bored of Russian Roulette. Like pin the tail on the donkey, but you get points for attaching ridiculous things to casualties.