Author Topic: Crazy things we see.  (Read 2690 times)

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy things we see.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 12:03:21 AM »
Malleus once hit a casualty so hard that he embedded its head in a second casualty. Like croquet, only more severed heady.

I sometimes wonder who found that one later, and if those other Takers realized it was us and not some crazy mutation.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 05:07:48 PM »
Malleus once hit a casualty so hard that he embedded its head in a second casualty. Like croquet, only more severed heady.

I sometimes wonder who found that one later, and if those other Takers realized it was us and not some crazy mutation.

wait... that was Malleus? I want to say i Remember something about that floating around the boards a long while back but I cant seem to lay hands on a finder. one of those sub-sub-post forums on sights of the lost probably that group Zoom-Snap the loss documentary archivist? but cant be sure.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 06:00:25 PM »
Malleus the P90X Latent role model?

The same.  Malleus, the Hammerman.  Malleus, the Brutalist.  Malleus, the legend; the same Malleus that fought the Punchbot in the song we've all heard hundreds of times.

I fought alongside him back in the day.  He's still out there somewhere; the most swole man in the Loss.

Varlaaax

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 07:41:05 PM »
Wait... Mauve Hand and Malleus..Kowloon?

Didn't you run with a Taker crew years back that hit Mr. Jols? The Pugalists? Sonambulists?

Legendary mate! I reckon we've all heard those stories about you in the US Loss. Heroes!

You guys came from Le Corbusier... But..didn't you wipe out several Enclaves and deal with the DHQS...?

Please let it be US government Ubiq propaganda.

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 04:47:51 AM »
We dealt with DHQS, yes. At first, it seemed like a good deal; in the end it was "Do this thing for a TON of bounty or we kill your family."

If we had it to do over? Maybe we'd do things differently.

As to Enclaves "we" destroyed? DHQS did it and hung the blame on us; we were there, we tried to stop Ivory Plains from being overrun, and we arrived in time to plug the hole in Kahokia's defenses, and we saw the devastation wrought by the Vector loose in Distributee.

In the end, we saved more than we caused the deaths of, and we *did* warn the other Enclaves where we could. Not our fault if they don't believe us.

Gator

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 12:17:05 PM »
Three words: Casualty board meeting.

Varlaaax

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 09:22:51 PM »
Hosted by dead Randians. Free of charge. You can't charge Bounty when you're dead.

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 01:08:08 AM »
Hosted by dead Randians. Free of charge. You can't charge Bounty when you're dead.

Oh, they'll try. Never underestimate a Randian's desire to fleece you for every bounty you own. You know how you call tell the Randian Casualties? They're the ones yanking the fillings out of the other Casualties nearby.