Author Topic: 8/15 - Blue's Diary  (Read 1378 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
8/15 - Blue's Diary
« on: August 15, 2017, 09:43:56 PM »
Some son of a bitch tried to eat my entire medkit!  I caught him shoving everything he could into his mouth.  cotton, pills, part of a syringe, right in!  What the hell?  I punched him and knocked him down, but I think he was all LALA or something.  I'm out of bandages now.  I need a good heavy curtain or tarp.  Something burlap to get some good tight outer wrappings to make up for this nonsense.

We're gathering up to leave the CP.  The people here were pretty good company.  Eight latents, we hung out, and it was nice.  There's not much shelter for the 'latent ghetto', so it was cold at night, but someone sprung for booze.  We spent the night around a trashcan fire playing cards, listening to music, and laughing in our scarves and parkas.  Felt good, but felt really weird too.  Like...like it was wrong to be okay for a minute, like I should feel guilty for having a damned moment of peace.  Well, the casualty in the mirror hasn't gotten me yet, so damn it I deserve it when things are good for a bit. 

I was offered either an extra set of rations or a clip for my pistol for my work this trip.  I opted for the clip, I'm used to going hungry now.  We're supposed to be going to be hiking over to Foreheads next.  Guess where that is, lots of rugged terrain in the badlands.  I mean, I wanted to see the country once, and despite everything its still got some sembalance of majesty.  Got to see one of those huge computer towers, forgot the name, but they're pretty tall, supposed to have the wind cool em.

I talked to a few Takers in the area.  They said they were part of the informal 10K lakes area, and talked about that anyone can pretty much get work if they're willing to Take.

I really wanted to just jump with that right away.  I need the money, and being caravan bait just isn't going to do it.  So I had to talk to Trada.  Told him that I think I needed to jump ship.  He got pissy, said that the clip I got was payment for the next leg.  We argued.  I talked him down to a half clip.  Bastard took an extra round.  I thought he was decent people, but then he gets all pissy with me over not moving on with him.

Fuck him, I've got money to make.  So now I'll be stuck here for a bit while I wait for these guys to go back northeast.  So yeah, if you're reading this.  Squadsight and Bandman, I'll be ready shortly, as soon as I get a new set of supplies.

Its happening.  I'll get money...and a full belly soon.

Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
Re: 8/15 - Blue's Diary
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:39:51 AM »

I really wanted to just jump with that right away.  I need the money, and being caravan bait just isn't going to do it.  So I had to talk to Trada.  Told him that I think I needed to jump ship.  He got pissy, said that the clip I got was payment for the next leg.  We argued.  I talked him down to a half clip.  Bastard took an extra round.  I thought he was decent people, but then he gets all pissy with me over not moving on with him.

Its happening.  I'll get money...and a full belly soon.

A good opportunity is hard to pass up and while agree it sounds like Trada perhaps needs to work on some kind of stress relief or look at not being a leader if someone jumpin ships enough to rile him up. having said that sounds like you cut ties mid contract which even I as a sympathizer have to call foul when i see it and say that kind of thing can haunt you longer then you think. word of advice to keep things peaceable is when you get to the 10K lakes jobs flowing send over a 'gift-basket' to smooth things over. to few of our crews out there as is to be bickering between crews over precieved slights.
As for the med kit hopefully you'll be able to restock before you need the major components. lucky for me Jones runs with an overcharged med kit. the mans idea of 'first aid' includes a bone saw for 'field work'. hes odd but I never worry about the little things in the field while hes on a run with us.
wish you were closer to our operating area Blue or we sign up for one of those big scores together to get you back on stable footing. as always keep your eyes peeled and stay safe out there.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."