Author Topic: LALA's and other NPC ideas  (Read 179 times)

Owl

• Bait
    • View Profile
LALA's and other NPC ideas
« on: September 13, 2017, 02:54:44 PM »
Johnny Apple C

The takers hear the sound of whistling coming from around the side of a building, accompanied by a few clanging sounds and then the sound of digging. When they investigate, they see a man standing over two dead C's. He is digging up the earth in patches near each one with the shovel he just used to dispatch them. As they watch, he pulls seeds from a pouch at his side, drops them in the overturned earth, and covers them before walking off, whistling the entire time.

If they approach the man, they find that he is a Believer and that Reclamation is what he holds to. His particular brand of belief has led him to want there to be provision to reclaim when T Minus never happens, and in his cracked state has grasped on to the tall tale of his childhood. He is friendly, but has nothing to trade, and is eager to continue his quest. 

Takers roll self-control (detatchment) to let the man continue on alone, surely to his death; or (stress) to be reminded that reclamation most likely will never come. As they go on their way they see other C's that have been dispatched and seeds planted beside each corpse.   

Dadalos

• Moth
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
Re: LALA's and other NPC ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 04:36:57 PM »
sweet idea. XD ive got to use this in my next run. Course now im interested in subtly working in other tall tale figures. thanks for sparking a new vein of ideas XD.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

RinserofWinds

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 06:10:17 PM »
The famed archer, “Paris” is a Papineau who uses Blight-tipped arrows. Maybe she was actually named Paris pre-Crash, or maybe she just loves Greek mythology. (Paris was the one who shot Achilles in the infamous heel.) She is an extremely thin Latent, with track marks on her arms and eyes to make your Roach character blink.

In game-mechanic terms, she has both the Roach and Latent tough spots, as well as the Trained advantage. (She's survived this long for a reason.)

Solo, sneaky operator. She hikes up to DHQS camps in the Loss, and stalks them over time. She'll hit folks on the walls, if she knows there's no drone or air support nearby. Generally, though, she goes for patrols. Always shoots to wound, no need to make it harder for your eventual Vector, eh? Once she starts hearing Apologies, she'll flee and check back later.

Utterly enormous price on her head, but she's a damn good shot and some folks see her as an anti-DHQS hero. Comes into a single enclave in the area occasionally, to trade for supplies. (Which Enclave it is varies based on your setting. Likely extremist Rebels or Chosen.)

Check on Detachment to even see her, because of how horrific it is to deliberately infect fellow humans. She is not Meek, though. This is just the worst thing she can practically do to the ones she holds responsible for nuking her home.

If she meets players in the Loss, she will be polite, but very distant and with an eerily flat affect. She will offer stolen DHQS military supplies in exchange for Stim Sauce, arrows, or food. 

Varlaax

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 10:17:03 PM »
Could The Princess from Walking Dead suit this?
Bless our UK CCTV Culture, it saved us all. Thank you Tory Party for not bollocking up The Blight.