Author Topic: 9/19 - Blue's Diary  (Read 1368 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
9/19 - Blue's Diary
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:16:19 PM »
This is horrible.  Why does everyone have to lie to you?  Isn't the world bad enough off without everyone willing to kill you just for a meal?

I guess I shouldn't be too hard on them.  Until two weeks ago, i've been nearly gnawing my arm off with hunger.  Today, at least, I have a full belly, and maybe tomorrow too.

So I met up with some of these freelancers in 10K lakes.  I don't know the lingo really yet, but the negotiator comes out and says that he's made a deal, and none of us really know what's going on.  But he says we got four legs to go in order to try to turn back on a pipeline that's part of some Nat Gas deal. 

So we hit the road, and I try to get to know everyone, but nobody wants to talk, and I get why.  Everyone's all 'to survive we must protect ourselves from forming bonds.'   But that's not how it works, not in the long run.  We need each other, now more than ever.  Now that there's a ton less politics, and pointless arguments, maybe we can finally be more than this nonsense we've become.  But anyway, they're not too chatty with me.  One of them just grunted and called me Latent anytime he needed me to do anything.

Guy's a jackass.

And things are normal, meaning weird.  We saw some Cs roped to a cart of some kind, my guess is that it was supposed to be easy transport. No arms, no mouths.  But it didn't work out that well for the driver, looks like he died of...well my guess is botulism brought on by tainted food.  We dropped the Cs and raided the place, buuut not much there worth salvaging.  I did find an MP3 player, so that was nice.

Saw some wildlife, I always kinda like it when I see something natural still roaming about.  Like birds.  I mean, most of them seem to be doing okay, at least the ones that aren't scavengers...weren't scavengers.  It's refreshing.

The job itself was okay I guess, I mean this contact we found was just trying to lure us into some sort of weird slavery camp.  We got caught, and were stripped of gear for three days before we snuck out.  Most of us lost our guns in the process, but at least we got that pipe turned back on.  Thats a full belly and a new pistol for me maybe...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 12:31:08 PM by CodeBlue »
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
Re: 9/19 - Blue's Diary
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 07:14:51 PM »
Boy, that sucks, man. Narc that fucker out on the ATTABoy list, I hope some of the other Freelance folks would be happy to cap his ass on your behalf.

This whole freelance thing y'all got going on up in 10k keeps seeming weird to me. I get the business model, get whoever's available together when a job come up, but I'm with you about friends. You wanna be working with folks who you can trust to have your back. And plus, over time, you learn each other's strengths, weaknesses, go-to tactics, etc. I dunno how I could have made it if I'd just had randos for every job instead of my pals.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/