Author Topic: Job - Turf War  (Read 2850 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
Job - Turf War
« on: June 23, 2017, 09:28:31 PM »
Alright, so I keep hearing traffic over local radio about Chemlam and Bisonhead bitching at each other.  They're two enclaves practically within rifleshot of each other, and instead of finding ways to work together, they've been potshotting each other and complaining about land and water rights.  So recently one of those big Pep-co soda plants got cleared out by some takers hunting JOLS.  Well they found him.  We got some chatter on Ubiq coms here claiming that they cleared the place, someone got a bite, went vector, killed the whole crew.   But the place is cleared.  And both enclaves want it...so that's worth some bounty to the industrious backstabber, I guess.

Job Concept:  A simple factional land grab of a soda manufacturing plant, with consideration to rig the area for vertical farming.  Verify clear of site, lockdown site for enclave, and drive off any rival enclave forces.  Job Complication:  Which Enclave?  Both Chemlam and Bisonhead will take on a team, and a wily negotiator will attempt to play them off of each other.  Both sides will insist on making a play to coerce the team to work for them, using the crew as part of a proxy war.  Both sides are so dedicated to the concept of needing this plant for their growing enclaves that they're willing to trundle out a good number of their citizens to do so.   Takers who claim the site, may have to put their sights on normal men and women who feel that they'll starve or dehydrate next winter without the factory's pumping systems and such.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Job - Turf War
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 04:42:07 AM »
Great, just what we needed, a war between enclaves. Any chance of finding a way for the two to coexist in the plant?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:43:40 AM by LostinWonderland »
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 11:04:30 PM »
They've been pissing on each other for three years now.  Its just going to keep escalating.  Two years ago, a stampede hit the pair, they both fought down the horde of Cs then immediately tried to take advantage of the moment and take out the other's fencemen.

I'm thinking 'hell no'. 

Code Blue, founder of "Latents For Less", We're still human, we still need care.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 02:30:11 AM »
I have some good informants inside both those sights I would prefer peace, but the two I have are on opposite ends, one day I am gonna lose out on some good intel.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 02:35:22 AM »
Chemlam develop post crash Pharma, and Bisonhead are new age agriculture, things like vertical farming and shit, IF they worked together they would be a more profitable enclave together. So that is why I suspect a DHQS presence within the the Enclaves, both my informants do as well. If there is DHQS they are there to keep them destabilized the entire time so as not to become to powerful.

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 04:16:48 AM »
If the DHQS is involved then this won't turn out well for either side. I've heard that apparently there are some DHQS operatives operating using vowels as codenames. Can you see if your informants have any knowledge of any individual in their enclaves going by those names? Also Zeek has put up some bounty for any information on their whereabouts so any Taker interested could make some extra Bounty out of it.
Also, any knowledge of any other group in the area that might also be interested in the site? I know a couple "gardeners" that would love to have a place like that.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:37:59 AM by LostinWonderland »

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 09:08:36 AM »
So I don't trade info cheaply, I need something in return for an answer on that, I can say however that the crusaders are operating with the pharma group, my informant is one of the doctors there, he is more of a head doctor, (he studies latents and blight effects on the psych.) Back to the original point I will ask if there are any vowels operation out of the area if you can give me some info from your neck of the woods.

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 06:43:43 PM »
So I don't trade info cheaply, I need something in return for an answer on that, I can say however that the crusaders are operating with the pharma group, my informant is one of the doctors there, he is more of a head doctor, (he studies latents and blight effects on the psych.) Back to the original point I will ask if there are any vowels operation out of the area if you can give me some info from your neck of the woods.

Well let's see... I'm not sure what you're interested in so I guess I'll tell you what I can. DHQS and former Canadian military, with possible support from the Moths, are fighting over a CDC medical station set up in Seattle. Those caught in the crossfire have been forcibly conscripted by both sides. Not sure what's in the station that makes it worth fighting over, though word from the grapevine says that there's supposedly a huge cache of experimental medical equipment there but I don't have a 100 percent confirmation on that.  The Seafarers, a group living on a city of interconnected boats, have recently encountered some pirates when they were moving down the coast of Oregon to drop off supplies for a trade, most of them made it out but it could become a recurring problem.

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 02:14:46 AM »
So I have gathered info for you Wonderland, my contacts, may have gone and started collecting names that appear on their enclaves, both seem to have the same name pop up. Which isn't normal, these are the only names that are registered on both lists. They are Canary Caller, Smash, Zenophobia, and someone who goes by U-biq. I would look into that if you can because their are bounties on the vowels, and if he appears on both lists that is cause for suspicion and in my book investigation.

Askew

• Taker
  • Sean B, Local Market, Larval Podcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 02:25:03 AM »
I've heard that apparently there are some DHQS operatives operating using vowels as codenames.

I think I heard something about some crew based out of a architectural school that dealt with some douche who used a vowel. I can't say that they had anything good to say about him. Though there was something about a "pork pie hat"? Whatever the fuck that is.