Author Topic: Spring Heeled Jack  (Read 1075 times)

Varlaax

Spring Heeled Jack
« on: November 21, 2017, 11:32:21 PM »
Any UK/Europe Takers heard of rumours of Jack Abberants?

Spring Heeled Jack types. They apparently can jump. As in over houses. And walls. Into Enclaves and out again. Legs like massive springs.

Getting reports from Calais, France again. More Ubiq bs?

Hope they don't appear to our American cousins. Thank you kindly.

Nomad

• Bait
  • Has a lot of bad Karma
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Heeled Jack
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »
Don't believe everything you hear. These reports of "aberrants" are just moth propaganda. Sad to see they are spreading to the UK as well. 
Interested in helping to reclaim the Loss? We are currently hiring contractors for high-risk assignments. Ask for details.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »
now hang on Var, Nomad might have a point, now ive not had reason to move to far out from our Enclave lately, but I take my shift watching drone surveillance like anyone else in the place and over the last several years ive seen some strange things but more often then not what humans are doing / have done have  been far stranger. but ive yet to see anything like what you descriptive. aberrants are so far as I can tell just Life Lines myths stirred up by people under considerable and life changing stress... now im not saying that what ppl have 'seen' arnt real just that perhaps they weren't seeing what was realy there to see. its been proven time and time again that people sometimes see and hear and smell even feel things that arnt there, and under the circumstances i think that a few of theis stories have ... grown out of the mundane into the fantastic with each 'retelling'. just the other week I was told that a crew down in the Louisiana area came across a bloated hulk of a man that exploded in a gout of fire when he was shot. now im not going to name names but just quoting it for anecdotal reasons. 
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Nomad

• Bait
  • Has a lot of bad Karma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 08:38:23 PM »
Var, I'll freely admit that I'm a steward. Not a government employee though. Say what you want about people like me, but at least I'm forthcoming. As far as the MoK is concerned, I'm pretty sure they'd love to disappear me as much as you. Steward or not, my point is still valid. Been out here for real long. Never seen a single so-called abberant.

And seeing as though the traitors are the reason I'm still out here, nope, I'm not a fan.
Interested in helping to reclaim the Loss? We are currently hiring contractors for high-risk assignments. Ask for details.

Nomad

• Bait
  • Has a lot of bad Karma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 03:27:15 PM »
No, but I can give you a job that will end with you having soma tea money. With risks attached, of course.

Varlaax

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 10:50:49 PM »
Job details?

Nomad

• Bait
  • Has a lot of bad Karma
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 03:53:54 AM »
There's a small airport not too terribly far from you. You know the one? Well, at the end of Runway 2 there's a small hangar that was leased by Glissinger Skydiving, Inc. Inside that hangar is an old Cessna R182 (a small plane). Hidden in the landing gear is a document case and a camera. I need both of those things. You might want to watch where you shoot. There's probably lots of fuel in there. I can send a representative to talk with you more at a location of your choosing.

Varlaaax

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 12:49:17 PM »
Thanks Nomad. A spot of imprisonment delayed my response.

Will check with contacts to look at the little airport. Just in case you understand.

You can thank the Ministry of Kindness for my guesthouse.

And you'd better not be a government Steward as I've yet to find out what exactly got me in trouble with the MoK.

Corporate Stewards I don't have a problem with. Yet.