Author Topic: Question about Dependents at creation  (Read 66 times)

Zaurimas

• Bait
    • View Profile
Question about Dependents at creation
« on: January 09, 2019, 07:44:54 AM »
I am just trying to figure out this situation.

The Rules state that if Taker1 wants to take Taker2 as a Dependant, Taker2 has to take Taker1 as a Dependant as well. This is alright with me.

The situation. 4 Players are creating their Takers.

Taker1 has CHA: 3 and Tough Spot:Steward, meaning he has to take the other three Takers as Dependents, and they, in turn, each take Taker1 as a Dependent as well.

Taker2 has CHA: 1 and Tough Spot:Bait, meaning their only Dependent can be one in the Recession. Also, the rules state that they cannot take other Takers as Dependents at character creation, nulifying the Taker1 Tough Spot rule.

How can this be solved?
Am I misunderstanding the first rule about Taker-on-Taker Dependency?
Does Taker1 or Taker2 tough spot overwrite the other?

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Dependents at creation
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:29:23 PM »
I don't have my copy on me atm, but I am fairly sure that in this case the steward takes the 'dependent' as a one-sided affair. so everyone else is normal, the bait has theirs in the recession and when venettes roll around they make (or skip) their phone-call home and then when it gets to the stewards turn they get to pick someone from the group to interact with to regain their own stress, regardless of weather or not the other persons used their own recovery stage as time is a loose term when it comes to continuity and could technically have happened any time between each session.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

LordSkys

• Moth
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 06:29:28 AM »
Another thing is that you don't have to have all your dependants at the beginning of the game.

Jimmy Two-Shoes may have Charm 3, but he only has two siblings, and refuses to make romantic connections after seeing his fiancee rip his mother's face in two.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 08:50:28 PM »
Another thing is that you don't have to have all your dependants at the beginning of the game.

Jimmy Two-Shoes may have Charm 3, but he only has two siblings, and refuses to make romantic connections after seeing his fiancee rip his mother's face in two.

sometimes 'Dependant' is in itself a loose term XD. in my last game our sniper was allowed to take his rifle as a dependent and the extra bounty spent was for things like wood polish and overly lavish attention to maintenance, the thing was a work of art. though that being said taking a dependent out into the field has its obvious down sides...
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

LordSkys

• Moth
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 01:35:18 AM »

sometimes 'Dependant' is in itself a loose term XD. in my last game our sniper was allowed to take his rifle as a dependent and the extra bounty spent was for things like wood polish and overly lavish attention to maintenance, the thing was a work of art. though that being said taking a dependent out into the field has its obvious down sides...

That is Lucille levels of questionable sanity.

I love it.

Please tell me he took a trauma check every time he flubbed a roll bad enough to lose upgrades.

He doesn't just love his gun, he is in love with his gun.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 10:58:11 PM »
That is Lucille levels of questionable sanity.

I love it.

Please tell me he took a trauma check every time he flubbed a roll bad enough to lose upgrades.

He doesn't just love his gun, he is in love with his gun.

so, i cant recall him ever having to do that because he was the kind of person that always rolled just good enough to avoid those kind of problems XD, and if not he would definitely die before he let anything happen to his gun XD. 100% a Lucille levels of 'dependency'.