Author Topic: Children of Ubiquity - who's heard of them?  (Read 200 times)

LordSkys

• Moth
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
Children of Ubiquity - who's heard of them?
« on: January 07, 2019, 10:57:10 PM »
So I was recently scrolling through lifelines when I found an interesting thread/subforum.

These people were posting pics of tech and concept art. I've always been partial to tech, so of course I got interested.

These people start talking about new enhancements for prosthesis, which I have been looking into a little bit more recently, when one of them talks about his eye being replaced and trying to program the prosthetic goggles to work in infrared. What?

I go on his profile, and the dude has an implant that connects his ubiq spec's video feed to his brain. His FUCKING brain. I start looking at other people on these forums, and I realise I found everyone on the page are transhumanists with way out there enhancements. The kind of shit you needed to go to black market parties for tech elite, FDA not approving this shit for decades, levels of prosthesis.

I do some light reading, and discover these guys have something called the Tennets of Evolution. It's pages upon pages of cult-y propaganda about combining AI and brains to evolve past the need for a cure for the blight.

They called themselves the Children of Ubiquity, something about freedom of information so that humanity may evolve. I can hear Gnat's anger about there name from here, but they seem to worship Palbickle; or at least his tech.

Anyone else heard of this? I got booted from the subforum as soon as I started asking questions.

Working to flesh this group out as a possible believer group for a game I'm running hopefully by the end of the month. If it comes up enough and/or is enjoyed I may go farther with it.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

Askew

• Taker
  • Sean B, Local Market, Larval Podcaster
    • View Profile
Re: Children of Ubiquity - who's heard of them?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »
Can’t say I’ve heard of them, but I remember shit like this before the Crash. If you wanna fuck with them, ask them about “the Basilisk”. Either they’ll freak out and run away or try to shoot you.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 02:25:37 AM »
No time to explain, need any information on these guys I can get.

Very important, will pay bounty.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 09:40:17 PM »
This is Lupa, Lord's wife.
Still Lord, rp-ing
They are kinda caught up with a long-lost friend, and won't be able to do much Ubiq probably.

The Collective Enlightenment is a hac-tivist group responsible for the Children of U. Word is Gnat wants em gone. The stack is a little too big for my liking. If Gnat is offering that, she'll easily pay ten times that. That is definitely not small fry territory.