Author Topic: 01/17 - Blue's Diary  (Read 1228 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
01/17 - Blue's Diary
« on: January 18, 2018, 01:16:50 AM »
Uhh yeah, so things, not so good.

I kept trying to get hired on to be a taker, I don't know what I was thinking.  I mean I know its pretty bad being latent, and being a medic, but being a latent medic is apparently....well its not conducive to gainful employment.

Its cold as hell up here, and I don't have thick enough clothes to combat it.  So since taking is out for the moment, I'm trying to find this 'Leper' enclave as I hear it.  Latents only., I hear.  And now let me be clear, that I'll tend to anyone, and I won't even charge people extra, but maybe they'll have me.  Problem is, we're talking four, five legs away most likely, and I just can't make that in this weather.  I've got enough exposure trauma as it is. 

I just want to be warm again.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Dr. Opprobrious Rex

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: 01/17 - Blue's Diary
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 03:57:44 AM »
Uh.... Yeahhhh... you've got a good look, but just a nick or prick away from turning a patient into a vector, not exactly concierge medical care, ya get me? (sides most of my nursing staff is only good for uh... holistic services...) As to Leper, good plan they'll take any latent... well except Banhammer so I read (tee hee) they have immunes too, let em do all the talky bits, I'd suggest hooking up with a trade group that does biz with em to cut your travel cost/risk down (that's how I roll), though they can be a bit wacky with all that "Chosen" malarkey, might be best if you made the last leg with only your black vein fams...

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 02:57:46 PM »
I hadn't heard that Leper's got social issues like that, so they're all 'mathy' or what?
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 03:20:05 AM »
If you can make it out to my neck of  the woods wed make room for you. we have the camps here divided into two from before all this went south, and as i understand it anyone with medical training is almost always welcome. and while the foods not great everyone gets at least a hot meal a day and you'd be able to apply your medical skills.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 02:52:24 PM »
Blue, if you're still in need I have a few suggestions.

Latent or not, medics are always in high demand on Ubiq.  If you can tell people how to be a trauma-tech in the field, i.e. "Sew THAT blood vessel on the right first" over the network, you'll make a bundle.  Save enough Takers by remote, you'll get a solid rep for being *the* medic to call.

Otherwise, look for an all-Latent Enclave or crew.  If there's nobody you can infect because they're all already infected, it's a perfect fit for you.

Varlaaax

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 07:51:56 PM »
Blue I'm pretty sure you'll need enough Bounty to buy yourself into Leper. Mauve gives you the best advice on that.

In the UK we have Harbledown. More of a tent town colony surrounded by armed guards and self-governing.

I've heard things about Leper from US Loss contacts. Not too bad apparently. Why not give it a try? If you can find it..

Or form that all Latent crew.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 04:31:39 PM »
Our enclave always has room for anyone with medical knowledge and my previous offer stands if your in our area. An if i remember correctly i still owe you a dinner and a drink for all of the self help medical vids you've already put together  :D.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 02:42:37 PM »
I for one am adding CodeBlue to my reference list. Better to know a medic that can walk you through a surgery than have to improvise in the field; welding torch and a screwdriver to cauterize a leg vein worked once, but far better to make the call.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 11:35:43 PM »
well, I'm having trouble getting any shot at Taking as it stands, nobody really wants the latent first responder if they can help it, but I appreciate that I've done some good here

Soft Spot: We all get out, or no one gets out
I mean, I am glad to help for free, but if you want to slide me a single into my bounty box, well...I'll always be up to being a reference, but these specs are pretty costly to get batteries for.

It'd also be nice to eat.

I've heard about Leper, and all sorts of other great places to stay, but they always seem to end up being pipe dreams. I've got too little to work with to just pack up and gamble it all. I mean, there's a good chance I'm going to have to sell my Ubiq specs to afford some ammo and bandages when I finally get a Taking job

Blue'll constantly be in a bad state until I get a chance to actually play her, heh.

One Bounty. Two Crypto