Author Topic: Your Next Score! Coordinates for Sale  (Read 1511 times)

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
Your Next Score! Coordinates for Sale
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:48:02 AM »
Here's the thread for posting locations of stuff that your crew has found in the field that you can't take with you, but that you know might be valuable to the right folks. So let's auction those coordinates and get our finders' fees!

Standard auction rules:
1. Poster must provide evidence that the score is real. This can be a photo, a video, or just a really persuasively-detailed block of text. If buyers aren't buying it, nobody's gonna buy it. Get it?

2. Proper etiquette is to provide the general region in which the score is located. You're not trying to trick some west coaster into bidding on a score in Iowa.

3. Poster implicitly guarantees that they haven't sold the coordinates to anybody else already. It's your responsibility to inform the community when somebody buys the coordinates. Multiple sales of the same site are a violation of the thread rules. An exception would be if a certain amount of time has passed and you can confirm that the  buyer hasn't hit the score yet. But that should be made clear in the posting itself, as should any other type of irregularity in who might know about it.

3. Buyer normally agrees to pay immediately upon receipt of the coordinates. There might be exceptions for payment later or as a percentage of the score's value. You'll have to negotiate that in private messages.

4. Buyer can do whatever they want with the coordinates. Hit it themselves, subcontract it, sell it on, make it public -- no rules apply. The information is their property once it's sold. No seller bitching.

Any violation of these rules should be adjudicated in a separate thread or with PMs to moderators with banning powers. Fight your backstabby flamewars off the main thread, please!

Imagine that each post has a running auction amount underneath it, like an Ebay item. Feel free to comment or criticize locations offered for auctions in the thread, but I'd like to see the bulk of posts be actual score ideas that we could use in our games. Enjoy!
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
Re: Your Next Score! Coordinates for Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 12:52:23 AM »
Region: 10k Lakes (Minnesota)
Score: Pile of PVC Pipes
Terms: Standard.

A friend of mine told me his crew found this pile of PVC pipes sitting next to an unfinished construction project while they were walking through the woods. He doesn't have a reliable Ubiq connection, so he asked me to broker it for him.

Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Your Next Score! Coordinates for Sale
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 05:45:34 PM »
Region: Great Plains / Kansas
Score: Retred tires / rubber
Terms: Standard

Happened upon this stash while out on another job, don't have anything to move all this with. New retred tires waiting to be picked up from the retred plant, good to go straight on your wheels or ready to be repurposed if you have a need for rubber.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 05:52:33 PM by Priceline »
Professional Hustler - Freelance Negotiator - Fulltime Taker

Trust me, I know a guy!