Author Topic: Were all different people than we were five years ago, right?  (Read 463 times)

Squeak

• Bait
    • View Profile
Were all different people than we were five years ago, right?
« on: February 22, 2018, 01:54:09 AM »
You want to talk about how you think you may have changed? I think it might help. We should help each other.

Squeak

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Were all different people than we were five years ago, right?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 02:17:46 AM »
I sometimes feel the the whole world is mine for the taking. Things are so horrible, but there are still so many things to consume. I feel ashamed that it took such dire circumstances for me to realize this. In a fucked up way I feel like the blight purified me. Allowed me to truly separate my ego from the ape body.

I work out more than I ever have. I'm not sure why. I'm privileged enough to have a fairly regular source of calories. I just feel like I would be an idiot to waste them. That's something I never would have thought of before. I learned how to work out and give the Ape what it needs to thrive. I learned forward planing, and self discipline. Through practice I learned to strengthen the unconscious mind. I actively trained into myself the tools that the unconscious mind needs. Attention Span, Gut instincts, self actualization.

Why did it take the threat of the blight to make me like this? Perhaps if I were truly aware I would know the answer to that question.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 03:12:51 AM »
frankly this particular topics about four years to late. anyone whose really surviving already knows what this world is and who we are that live in it. we know what we have done / are doing / and will do if we are lucky enough live long enough to do it.

im pleased to hear that you've taken the ... opportunity of the blight to motivate positive change...

im going to go take some anti depressants and think about things.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

SoCal Sweetheart

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 01:23:49 AM »
5 years ago I was on three antidepressants and finishing a useless combined literature/cinema degree.
Now I lead a pack of Takers and we party after every run.
If the world is a movie, it's one of those early 70's ones with no plot or relatable characters that goes on for three hours.

Varlaax

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 05:59:29 PM »
I don't want to think how I've changed from a University European History Student to a Taker.

Change was hard(ly) necessary. That's why I joke. :p

Jokes are better than Soma tea...and only half as dangerous!

The EU Loss isn't fun. But it is rewarding to work in. For Bounty and teabag supplies!

Will someone make me a cup of tea already? I love tea for you and me..

<Warren Ellis saw the Blight coming.>
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:05:57 PM by Varlaax »

Dr.Dee

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 12:34:06 AM »
So, I'm the fucking worst kinda idiot sometimes.  I haven't been able to shake some old habits and still think about "what if I could write this up?".  I was an Education PhD student before the fall and I can't shake how much great data I've gathered working with enclaves on setting up some ad-hoc education programs. 

So while I've gotten faster, harder, better able to kill, one of the ways I've changed in the last 5 years is more certain in the foundational theories I studied.  All the school-choice, tech-centered, elitist bullshit I've had to wade through all my academic career is, as I've contended, just that, bullshit.

I was right, they were wrong, and I wish I could find a way to tell them so.  But that's vanity, isn't it?
“Looking at the past must only be a means of understanding more clearly what and who they are so that they can more wisely build the future.”
― Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed

Varlaax

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 08:54:00 AM »
Find some old academics who survived the Crash and hit them hard with your data stack. Ubiqs there for a reason..

Or pay a Taker crew to literally do it. Hit them bodily with hard copies of your data while shouting 'You were wrong!'
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:55:46 AM by Varlaax »

Dr.Dee

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 02:13:44 AM »
That is a tempting prospect...
“Looking at the past must only be a means of understanding more clearly what and who they are so that they can more wisely build the future.”
― Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed

Silver

• Taker
  • Jason S
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 06:50:30 PM »
Thank Christ I'm a different person now or else I never would've made it. The Loss isn't friendly to stoner vegan communication majors.
Looking for Takers in the Central Valley? Call BLACKLIGHT for good rates and professional work.
Need a name? Click Here for a running list of Takers!

MauveHand

• Taker
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 03:28:43 PM »
We are all already dead. 

The accountant I used to be died on the day of the crash.  There is no Eddie, there is only Mauve; the sooner you make peace with that truth, the better.  Your old self had the luxury of being able to be soft; he or she had air conditioning, fast food, an infrastructure, and (more importantly) zero Casualties wandering around to worry about.  To the new you, the one currently wandering around, all of those statements are false.

If you haven't already, kill your old self.  Let the new you deal with the reality of now free from the chains of nostalgia.  Trust me on this one.