Author Topic: Sh*t Takers Say  (Read 1240 times)

SoCal Sweetheart

• Bait
    • View Profile
Sh*t Takers Say
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:09:29 AM »
When you're taking the long walk to a job, or holed up in a safehouse overnight, you find yourself talking to people about the strangest things... and hearing them say the weirdest crap. Crap you could never imagine for yourself. Conspiracy theories, rumors, tall tales, lies and utter B.S.  Let's spread the wealth!

I'll start:

Some guy from Fresno told me that Casualties like music.  He claimed that once his crew got caught in a stampede and got away clean by playing "Frank Sinatra's Golden Hits" on repeat the whole time.  He showed me the boombox they supposedly used to play it, for what that's worth. 

Here's a story I keep hearing from people who know better: they say that the Blight was caused by aliens who want to clear out all the humans so they can take over the Earth. They claim that if you go out to Roswell, New Mexico, the aliens have a base there and they're moving to take over the rest of the Loss.  If you see strange lights at night or find dissected bodies with no tracks around them, you know the aliens are near. I'm pretty sure this is nonsense, maybe made up by DQHS.

SoCal Sweetheart

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Sh*t Takers Say
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 08:19:52 PM »
From an old-timer near LA:
Never broke a contract, never burned a client. Never turned a job into a score. ‘'I shall not cause harm to any client nor the personal interests thereof, nor through inaction let the personal interests thereof come to harm.” It's what I call the Taker Code, kid!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:50:28 PM by SoCal Sweetheart »

SoCal Sweetheart

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:24:05 PM »
Spray painted on the wall of an all-night bowling alley and gas station near Ojai:
LATENTS DO IT ALL NIGHT

Results may vary, let the buyer beware.

SoCal Sweetheart

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »
The DHQS has some C's rigged for light and sound, like walking drones.  Bag one and you might be able to loot it for the equipment, but it's better to leave it be, or DHQS might track you down to get their stuff back.

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 02:13:25 AM »
Ran into a Taker in one of the Dakotas, swore he'd seen a Vector fly. Literally fly, as in it jumped into the air and didn't come down.

All sorts of ways to explain it, really. Some high-altitude thing was trailing a wire, the Vector got caught, once the slack disappeared so did the Vector. Or maybe it stepped on an underground air pocket or landmine, or maybe it found a disused beartrap and somehow the spring launched it.
5'
Crazy Jimmy swears that none of those were true; he thinks it learn?

Varlaaax

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 07:13:07 PM »
I've heard this a few times, different sources from various countries so maybe give it some consideration.

Or not. It's as crazy as any.

So the Blight is actually part of some kind of game. Maybe a video or board game.

Or a story. And God C'LBB made the Blight as part of a world where we Takers fight for 'money' and kill Casualties to survive.

But we're actually controlled by lesser gods who decide what we do. And fate gets involved. Like playing cards or dice.

Yeah, it's crazy. Who the hell would bother with yet another Matrox Re-Gunned 15 Remake. Life is messed up without living in a Rich Prick Gods world.

Time to lay off the Soma tea.

Any more theories on how the Blight and Cs appeared? And no more aliens please.

Gator

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 12:28:32 PM »
Taker pick-up lines are awful.

"Hey baby, I think I might be infected... cause you look good enough to eat."

"Did you know I work for the DHQS? The Department of High Quality Sexing."

"I've got bounty and a bed with a real mattress. Wanna bone?"

Varlaaax

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 09:21:46 PM »
Those are some good pick up lines. Want to post them in the LifeLines jokes thread Gator?

Gator

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 12:09:03 PM »
Would if I thought they were joking when they said 'em. Sadly, I think they were serious.

My Papaw always says chivalry died in the Crash. Mammy says it died a long time before that. Either way guess dead is dead.

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 09:11:02 PM »
My favorite was "I'm a Taker. Wanna be the last person I sleep with?"

He said it every time. He was right, eventually.

LordSkys

• Moth
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 05:58:13 PM »
I met this doc that had gone latent, that told me the Blight was specifically engineered by himself to kill President Hunter.

From what I could tell, his blood content was 90% Soma, 7% Stim Sauce, and 100% blight; so I couldn't exactly say he was a reputable source.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 08:59:07 PM »
You meet those guys from time to time. Met a Crusader once who was certain it was an alien plot to seed the planet for their eventual takeover, an Earthwide plague to wipe us out pre-conquest.