Author Topic: Contract: Dial back the clock  (Read 286 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
Contract: Dial back the clock
« on: April 04, 2018, 09:05:23 PM »
Plot: A fetch quest goes south when the Client dies mid-leg, and the Takers must hastily organize a score from the item remains.

Client: A feeble oxygen-masked figure on Ubiq, going by the handle 'Marcone', is in desperate need of medical gear, and is willing to pay a great deal to ensure he gets what he needs.   Job  Tough Spot - Time is of the Essence. (Client is literally on his last legs, and will pay a premium for haste and competence.)   

Starting Market: At least standard, any roll underneath 5R/5B becomes 5R/5B

Legs: Two standard legs to the job site, one leg back, then back again!

Job: Retrieval of 2 Haul of dialysis gear necessary for client's survival. Takers are instructed to contact Client on leg back in order to ensure client is prepped for immediate hookup and drone delivery.

Complication: The medical supplies needed by Marcone are easily found in packaging at a medical supply shop, in a large supply. The Job site has Cs in a cordoned off parking lot next to it, but canny Takers can slip in through the back without alerting the large mass. Simple enough!

Complication 2: When contacting the Client on the way back, a stranger picks up the laptop, and informs the Takers that the client has died, and there is no further need to fulfill this contract. The Takers, now a leg away from the supply shop, must find a way to make their bank, meaning that they need to find a wholesaler to offload items towards, as well as most likely double back to the job site to take as much as they can.  Canny Takers may have already grabbed as much as they can, making their foresight into this risk a very valuable asset.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

Teapot

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Contract: Dial back the clock
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 07:09:20 AM »
An incoming storm might put some good pressure on the takers, either do it fast or deal with casualties and rain. For finding a buyer or several buyers, each failure add a leg as they hump the goods to further drop points. Maybe one haul could buy a positive rep spot if dropped off somewhere that can't pay?

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 11:20:05 PM »
An incoming storm might put some good pressure on the takers, either do it fast or deal with casualties and rain. For finding a buyer or several buyers, each failure add a leg as they hump the goods to further drop points. Maybe one haul could buy a positive rep spot if dropped off somewhere that can't pay?

A reverse fetch quest, oh that is an interesting idea, but if the novelty of the quest relies on a roll failure, I think it needs to be spruced up a bit.  Very interesting idea!
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 06:44:43 AM »
A reverse fetch quest, oh that is an interesting idea, but if the novelty of the quest relies on a roll failure, I think it needs to be spruced up a bit.  Very interesting idea!

my last taker died on a reverse fetch quest, turns out that some times its safer to be the messenger and not the delivery boy. especially when it deals with running drugs between a hidden mini enclave that moves every few days for the cartel and  dodging the DHQS boarder patrol units. but oh the pay was almost worth it, you know if id made it through one last leg XD.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Negative Entropy

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 10:09:12 PM »
Alternate complication.
The takers arrive at the site and find another taker group stranded and hiding from two of their members who've gone vector. The takers are on the same job but don't have a means of communicating their plight so the client assumed they ditched or died. Technically they're competition.
The takers still want to complete their job.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 10:12:00 PM »
Alternate complication.
The takers are on the same job but don't have a means of communicating their plight so the client assumed they ditched or died.
The takers still want to complete their job.

This has always been one of my go to Complications for jobs that have sat around for a while, another group gose out and then no communication so that when my takers finaly get around to taking the job they find whats left of the other crews, and sometimes the other crews are still actively trying to complete the job. good times.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 10:58:17 PM »
its a good standard complication, but it sorta ruins the entire concept of this specific job IMO?  The idea that the Takers need to go back to the area they were at, turning the job into a Score, having lost all that Will spent in negotiation, AND not to mention how they may've left the area?  That's some good soup right there to make a job unique.