Author Topic: Takers best friend.  (Read 555 times)

KgreaterthanD

• Bait
    • View Profile
Takers best friend.
« on: July 12, 2018, 09:59:06 PM »
Footage of a caucasian woman, mid-30s. She is showing of a old but well maintained billhock. She demonstrates a number of tasks using it. There is dense forest behind her, her uncovered arms are covered in talley mark scars.

Isn't she a beautiful bit of kit. Does the job of a machette, hatchet and a sickle. So...what is your best bit of kit?

Gator

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Takers best friend.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 08:18:44 AM »
Halligan bar. Gets ya into places you ain't supposed to be, good for scavenging useful bits, and it does a number on the noggins of livin' and dead folk alike. Never leave home without one!

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 12:10:09 PM »
Fully upgraded pistol.  It's gotten me out of more scrapes than any other piece of gear.  Kills from far enough away to avoid blood-spatter and infection checks, silenced so as not to draw more, and automatic in case of Vectors

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 11:20:11 PM »
Ruggedized, military-grade pair of binoculars. After I'd trashed about three pairs of cheap ones, I finally scored a good set. And about four days later we finally got ourselves retired. Hope those things are still helping out somebody around Four Seasons.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 11:56:56 PM »
Fully upgraded pistol.  It's gotten me out of more scrapes than any other piece of gear.  Kills from far enough away to avoid blood-spatter and infection checks, silenced so as not to draw more, and automatic in case of Vectors

I think this is the single best investment any taker could put bounty into. relatively low maintenance, plenty of spare components highly versatile and everything else youve already mentioned. as for mine (since youve already mentioned the Handgun option) would be the Humble Bike. it triples the distance you can travel for about half the energy expenditure. its fast its light weight and it has extra storage. cant tell you the number of times that being light and mobile saved me from a bad end against the dead and the living.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 06:33:49 AM »
Also, Ubiq Specs. Optimized, then find an app or two; you'll use them quite a bit. There's always an expert that'll be better at a thing, and ain't no shame in getting by with a little help from friendly-ish people.