Author Topic: Bull and Bear Market  (Read 139 times)

LordSkys

• Bait
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
Bull and Bear Market
« on: October 11, 2018, 04:30:44 AM »
So, in the stock market, a bull market is when the market is going up. Things are good. A bear market is the opposite, things are failing. Things are bad.

You could even say it is "Crash"-ing.  8)

I decided to bring this to the logical extreme as a thought experiment / setting(s) based in two different areas of the world for Boom and Bust rules based on stereotypes given by the names of the two types of stock market:

Spain, The Bull: Boom rules galore. Turns out in 2020 there was gonna be a second civil war, gun ownership is about as common as in the US before the Crash - now the gear is there just like in the US. Also, gulf stream helps ensure a more stable environment, and Casualties aren't big fans of heat, so they migrated and/or stay indoors for siestas like they would in life. What would life be like here? What new boom rules would apply here? What new boom rules wouldn't apply here that you think we could add just for the sake of adding?

Russia, The Bear: In modern Russia, everyone was screwed long before the Vectors started cussing in deep accents. (because why wouldn't Russian apologies be cursing?) Being massively landlocked and having more extreme weather than in the American Midwest, life is bleak. Cities were the main reasons people could even survive here. Extreme policing of the internet post-crash means that ubiq is illegal. Screw Homo Sacer, all your personal information is already known. Finally, phage therapy makes it even easier to detect latents and immune by testing against known blight-based aggrevators. Also Casualties constantly move because the cold makes them restless, and snow can be really loud to walk through. Fracking has also caused tectonic disheveling. What is life like here? What new bust rules could come into effect for this place? Which ones shouldn't apply but we will to screw over these guys even more?

Two thought experiments that may become settings, one lifelines thread.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
Re: Bull and Bear Market
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 10:44:16 PM »
I like it and look forward to see what else comes of it, and to see the world kinda at large. another setting detail that might be worth considering is the wildlife in an area. boom and bust aside I think that things like wild dogs / wolves , Bears , and large snakes kinda get glossed over. C's are only a passive force, but when your taker crew is being stalked by a pride of lions that escaped from a zoo or some rich guys menagerie its a whole nother game.  ;).

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
Re: Bull and Bear Market
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 03:37:41 PM »
I like it and look forward to see what else comes of it, and to see the world kinda at large. another setting detail that might be worth considering is the wildlife in an area. boom and bust aside I think that things like wild dogs / wolves , Bears , and large snakes kinda get glossed over. C's are only a passive force, but when your taker crew is being stalked by a pride of lions that escaped from a zoo or some rich guys menagerie its a whole nother game.  ;).

Yeah, Russia also has more capacity for the resurgence of animal alpha predators in the wildernesses. Wild dogs are big problems in urban areas now (in Moscow, they use the subways), and in the countryside wolves could also come back pretty readily. And then when you need to up the ante, there's the Siberian tiger...
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/