Author Topic: Types of LALA  (Read 148 times)

Varlaaax

• Ubiq Admin.
  • The UK survived the Crash. MoK was created.
    • View Profile
Types of LALA
« on: May 19, 2018, 09:07:57 PM »
Now, I'm hearing stories about Takers meeting LALAs but I feel it would be helpful to break it down into categories and experiences.

My personal experience was The Frenchman near the French coastal port of Calais.

He wore a striped top, black trousers and shoes, wore a French berret and always carried a few baguettes and at least one bottle of 'wine'.

A cigarette in his mouth when he spoke and the most ridiculous fake French accent I've ever heard.

He was clearly NOT FRENCH. Now why was he a LALA?

Well he kept talking about how he missed the good old days in France to anything in earshot while killing Casualties with his baguettes.

This man would skewer a C through the head and move to the next one and introduced himself, all while talking in a bad French accent about cheese and wine.

I don't know what the baguettes were made of or if he just 3D printed them. But they punched through human skulls like a length of rebar.

The worst part was when he would sit down, drink wine and actually eat the bread. Blight covered bread.

Immune maybe?

Try to engage him in conversation and you got the same response he gave Casualties. Talk and try to kill you with 'food' and wine bottles.

I'm going to classify him as a reclusive, broken LALA. Not actually out to hurt people. Just expressing himself as best as he could.

So if you visit the EU Loss. Beware The Frenchman.

Mauve I'm interested in this Juliet Jack you mentioned.

Anyone else got more LALA types to share?

Former Black Math.

Based in UK Recession and EU Loss.

No Ministry of Kindness Stewards please. Again.

MauveHand

• Taker
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
Re: Types of LALA
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 03:26:19 AM »
Joliet Jake?

Ex-convict from Joliet prison. No idea what he did to get sentenced, but I know he can't go to the Recession because of it; he would go to jail there, so he stays out here where he's free.

He's tough. Tends to rely on himself, and holds everyone at a few yards length until they prove trustworthy. Then he'll keep you at arm's length. He's not unfriendly, but he's not Mr. Sunshine either.

Varlaaax

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 04:51:01 PM »
Sounds more like a Taker than a LALA.
Former Black Math.

MauveHand

• Taker
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 05:43:30 PM »
Takers have retirement plans. Jake's going to keep doing what he does until he buys a farm somewhere. And just to be clear, NOT talking about real estate purchase.

He's an old casualty-killing scavenging loner, and he'll be one until he's a dead casualty-killing scavenging loner. That's why he's a LALA and not a Taker.

Varlaaax

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 08:08:23 PM »
Being a Taker makes you wonder how many survived the Crash to become LALAS or if fellow survivors actions simply made it happen.

How many initial survivors wanted to live out Mad Max VI fantasies turned otherwise decent survivors into reclusive LALAs by necessity.

Personally for me it was more of a 'It's a mad mad world' situation.

Everyone chasing the rumour and not the truth. But we still had our polite standards being British.

At least for the first 72 hours. After that Mad Max attempts got put down.

Could LALAs be brought back into civilization is my point.

At least the initial shock and awe is gone.

I feel sad for The Frenchman and Jake that Mauve mentioned.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:10:10 PM by Varlaaax »
Former Black Math.

MauveHand

• Taker
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 02:08:24 AM »
There's always going to be the sort of person who would choose to leave society behind if given the choice. Pre-crash, we had survivalist who would go out into the wilderness and live for a weekend or a week, leaving behind creature comforts in order to prove that they could "rough it" for a while.

Nowadays, they're the folks who say "I would rather fortify a cabin in the woods than deal with Enclave politics" or "I don't need Ubiq to live" or sometimes just "I have trust issues ever since my loved one(s) turned and tried to eat my face."

Grizzly comes to mind. Used to be a gas station attendant, lost his whole family in the crash, so he went out to his hunting cabin in the woods and forted up. Found a couple orphaned brown bear cubs, took them in because Blight doesn't make bears turn Vector {we ALL hope} and now he lives out there with a small colony of bears. He wears their mom's hide, he's got a beard you could hide a family of rats in, and he mostly communicates by grunting.

Still a good man, still handy with a gun or a hatchet, but if society ever goes back to the way it was? Grizzly'll still be out in those woods with his bear family.

KgreaterthanD

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 09:34:35 PM »
Travellin' Matt

He's this old fuckin GenX biker...all grey hair and beard, still got that pre-crash beer belly(no one knows how he stays fat), rides up and down the roads near deadwood on one of those late model hybrid harleys. He works as a courier occationally.

I think he is pretty together for a LALA, but you can never get him to stop still long enough to get a proper read on him. Besides, I'm not so good at that shit.

Our front girl Sappho thinks he's probably just unwilling to get close enough to any community to risk losing them.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 10:17:00 PM »
I figure before its over, I'll be a LALA.   :(
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast