Author Topic: Ubeasts Go Prices.  (Read 781 times)

LordSkys

• Moth
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
Ubeasts Go Prices.
« on: October 26, 2018, 08:33:15 PM »
A picture of a small bipedal creature with two tails is shown. Devoted U Beasts players see it as a pretty uncommon Ubeast known as Scalimander

Lately I've been finding more and more people using U beasts as some sort of crypto-currency.

Yesterday I traded a Scalimander for a new clip of .747, and the guy started laughing his ass off like I just traded him 100 bounty for a casualty dick.

Anyone else seeing this sorta shit? And how often do you see it?

Edit: I'm wondering if it's the local enclaves that have this shit.

Just earlier today I found a guy that wanted to trade me three Roosterpunchers for a bottle of Soma I had picked up for a member of our caravan. He then tried convincing me that his 2 bounty was worth the three Roosterpunchers, so that would be enough to cover the Soma.

He seemed oblivious to the fact Soma was worth at least triple in the region, and a Roosterpuncher was an imaginary creature with no real world value.

I decided to have some fun; so I told him the bottle was worth at least four Fistothuds, and he bawked at me like I was crazy. He eventually gave me eight bounty for my prized Crocodig, so all in all not a bad day.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:35:31 PM by LordSkys »
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
Re: Ubeasts Go Prices.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 07:15:56 PM »
Crocodigs are a viral plague in our region. they have a bugged spawn (breed) rate or something and because of that they are about the only thing you can find down here. if you could get eight bounty for one i can supply you with enough to fill a cargo container with soma in less then a month. heck if there is a resurgence of the U-Beast traders market Im likely to do a trade -> Breed -> release program in our region just to balance things out.

anyway take care out there, and good hunting.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »
Crocodigs are a viral plague in our region. they have a bugged spawn (breed) rate or something and because of that they are about the only thing you can find down here. if you could get eight bounty for one i can supply you with enough to fill a cargo container with soma in less then a month. heck if there is a resurgence of the U-Beast traders market Im likely to do a trade -> Breed -> release program in our region just to balance things out.

anyway take care out there, and good hunting.

While I like the idea, my Crocodig had a location tag from Northern Quebec; which is why it was worth so much to the guy.

I traded for a few from your region (everyone that follows spawn rates knows about the Crocodig problem you have, sorry bout that Dadalos), and they were worth nothing to the guy, even with perfect stats. Sounds like the least risky JOLS out there though if not for that problem.

From what I heard, they were planning to roll out a patch for Crocs a little while after the Crash, but you know, the Crash.

Hit me up on the Specs if you wanna talk/trade anything not so Crocodiggy.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

The Passerby

• Taker
  • We all walk past, I can only hope I notice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 04:11:21 AM »
Ubeasts is a bubble that will burst the moment some crew figures out how to hack the geo-location spawn system or bypass the local peer to peer trade restriction. This is the Tulips all over the place, the moment someone starts trading on Ubeast futures, get out. There is no inherent practical value, but their value as a commodity still commands power. Its like the old banknotes system that rose up in Europe when banks became a thing. Bank notes are inherently worthless slips of paper, but when people assigned commodity value to them they systemized the way they could be used. Sure you have a bank note worth 1 money, but the bank is small, and there is only two branches, so if you want to use it here, it is worth .5 money. Etc, etc, etc.

Though for now, they are worth something to someone somewhere. So get what you can and be ready to bail. Because this arbitrage is going to eat people alive.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 04:15:48 AM »
I one hundred percent agree with you Passer; that's why I'm using it to my advantage, making plastic, not buying into the biddness.

I have 6 years of Ubeasts on these specs, I can make some bank without breaking mine.

The Passerby

• Taker
  • We all walk past, I can only hope I notice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 10:17:14 PM »
I one hundred percent agree with you Passer; that's why I'm using it to my advantage, making plastic, not buying into the biddness.

I have 6 years of Ubeasts on these specs, I can make some bank without breaking mine.
Don't put a target on your back, heard some rumors of some hacker info brokers that just troll arbitrage boards and sell scores on folks. Like it's the Loss, it ain't a picnic and there's going to be some natural attrition, but word is out that maybe it ain't all just the Loss being the Loss.

Was on a cooking oil job and someone tried to take some shots on us, but they were potatoes.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Varlaax 2.00

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 10:29:44 PM »
You almost had your chips.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 09:29:39 PM »
so, I actually took a walk around recently because of the resent buzz and I cant seem to find any Ubeasts around. not a one, no Cobruna, no Badgerbil, not even a Crocodig. have the host servers gone down? or is it a local / regional thing?. just a month ago the Crocodig were so thick it was almost impossible to see the ground under your feet at times (especially at the 'spawning pools'). However at the moment there's nothing out there. post a shout if its any different out there as its a bit strange.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 10:06:36 PM »
so, I actually took a walk around recently because of the resent buzz and I cant seem to find any Ubeasts around. not a one, no Cobruna, no Badgerbil, not even a Crocodig. have the host servers gone down? or is it a local / regional thing?. just a month ago the Crocodig were so thick it was almost impossible to see the ground under your feet at times (especially at the 'spawning pools'). However at the moment there's nothing out there. post a shout if its any different out there as its a bit strange.
It's regional.

IIRC the servers that run Ubeasts was only on a few actual aloft balloons, and sent the information to the other ones like cell towers send data. If the UBeasts balloon is too far from the other ones, there is not enough bandwidth to send to the other balloons.

I heard the DHQS shot down a few balloons for "research" by the Mississippi. Some of my contacts in your area told me that suddenly all the UBeasts disappeared around Midnight about 7-8 days ago

"Lovely" Idaho still has plenty of UBeasts, and I bet the UBeasts program balloons will drift by in the next week and things will be back to normal.

Happy hunting.

Edit: From what I here, the Gnat lowered the code priority, so only like 1/70 balloons has the source code. (As opposed to the 1/25 of before.

Actually, not having balloons in your area may actually fix the spawn zones because of a soft reset of the area's spawn coding. So, you may get normal UBeasts soon Dadalos.

That is if the DHQS doesn't shoot more down.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:28:56 PM by LordSkys »

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 11:50:18 PM »
you mean the DHQS might have actually accidentally done something useful? well see what happens when the next rollover happens in the area. thanks for the info bump, ill keep you posted as I learn more.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »
Dadalos, how is the UBeasts going?

I heard that a friend of mine from your region caught a Godrilla the other day, and another caught a Fistothud.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 09:52:28 PM »

I heard that a friend of mine from your region caught a Godrilla the other day, and another caught a Fistothud.

wow yea sorry about the black comms, so when the balloons came back into the region they rebooted the Ubeast just like we suspected. however what wasnt expected was for it to blow out our coms, not sure what was going on, if it was intentional sabotage or what... but for some reason the signal was pumping out like massive electronic 'noise' and we couldent get a signal out of the entire enclave. just wave after wave of static. had to wait for that thing to move out of the area to respond.

if anyone's interested in tracking it and taking it down I know of at least 3 enclaves in the area that would share out of the bounty on it. we would have drooped the thing ourselves but it jams drones and we couldn't 'see' it to do anything from the ground.

but yea, the Fing Ubeasts are acting right now so threes that just had ot be without any form of communication for a long while...

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 10:06:50 PM »

wow yea sorry about the black comms, so when the balloons came back into the region they rebooted the Ubeast just like we suspected. however what wasnt expected was for it to blow out our coms, not sure what was going on, if it was intentional sabotage or what... but for some reason the signal was pumping out like massive electronic 'noise' and we couldent get a signal out of the entire enclave. just wave after wave of static. had to wait for that thing to move out of the area to respond.

if anyone's interested in tracking it and taking it down I know of at least 3 enclaves in the area that would share out of the bounty on it. we would have drooped the thing ourselves but it jams drones and we couldn't 'see' it to do anything from the ground.

but yea, the Fing Ubeasts are acting right now so threes that just had ot be without any form of communication for a long while...

Good to hear from ya Dadalos, been trying to figure out why there has been zero communication out your way, and why I haven't gotten my package from my gunpowder supplier.

If you are in the area, check on Phoenix_the_Brave and the Mythborn crew for me? I know checking on fellow takers isn't always the best/bravest choice, but there can be some bounty in it for ya.

He's stuck to the balloons for all communication, and sounds like they're out that way now.

I'd pitch in some bounty for your trouble.

PM me if you want the job, more details will be available if you take it up.

I realized as I wrote this that we just made a Job, w/ balloons on the fritz as a complication and a driving force for the actual job. Thanks Dadalos, this ( or a similar scenario) is gonna be in my next game.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 03:01:20 AM »
Good to hear from ya Dadalos, been trying to figure out why there has been zero communication out your way, and why I haven't gotten my package from my gunpowder supplier.

If you are in the area, check on Phoenix_the_Brave and the Mythborn crew for me? I know checking on fellow takers isn't always the best/bravest choice, but there can be some bounty in it for ya.

He's stuck to the balloons for all communication, and sounds like they're out that way now.

I'd pitch in some bounty for your trouble.

PM me if you want the job, more details will be available if you take it up.

I realized as I wrote this that we just made a Job, w/ balloons on the fritz as a complication and a driving force for the actual job. Thanks Dadalos, this ( or a similar scenario) is gonna be in my next game.

sure we should be able to set up some kind of checkup, they are a bit further out then we normally go out on 'the loop' and they might even get a clean communication channel open by the time we can get out that way, but I think we might be able to get someone in the area the broadband blackout is currently still active in. I'll make sure to add an update here when i get more info.

I kinda had that in mind when I made the post, its actually the bones of 3-4 jobs that I have managed to plot out for my own game. and depending on the play group it can go in radically different routs  ;D. best of luck to ya and have fun.