Author Topic: LordSkys' Blog  (Read 3630 times)

LordSkys

• Moth
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
LordSkys' Blog
« on: November 06, 2018, 12:55:01 AM »
I've realized I use Ubiq often enough I may as well start keeping track of my adventures.

So I've decided to do what any Post-Crash Gen Z kid would do... I started a blog.

So that is exactly what I'm doing.

Also, i will have a Casualty kill count running for only confirmed casualty kills by myself.

Beginning Total: 0

Please do not post on this thread, treat it as a blog

------------------------------

I know the following is a repost, oh well.

Also, this thread is main Canon for MY character LordSkys. While that means they will say stuff that may not exist in other continuities, each thread they are in is treated as a different continuity. License isn't Canon, so each thread Lord Skys is in may be different.

------------------------

A picture of an androgynous person with neon blue hair cut in a bob is shown. Their eyes, nose, and most of the face is blurred out, but a smirking mouth with purple lipstick stands out at you. Military grade cargo pants and women's black tank top are visible, and they have tattoos of a Celtic cross and a tree with roots growing down the left arm. They have their arms on the shoulders of a set of male twins, carpet armor on the arm around the latent one, her tattooed arm on the one that's not. There are black X on each eye of the twins. In the lower corner is an elderly pissed of man with a large pint and a very large cigar.

I realize I haven't exactly introduced myself. My name is LordSkys. Before you say anything... yes, someone "like me" did survive the Crash. As far as I'm aware I'm the only one that has survived to this point. Prefers she or they pronouns.

The hair was dyed before the Crash. "Evercolor Blue #97" has lasted five years. Lipstick wore off a while ago.

In the picture is my crew. Foxtrot and Coyote were my brothers. Coyote is the latent, Foxtrot was not. And that other guy is Cigs. Cigs is... well he's Cigs. Anti-tech type. I don't talk much about Foxtrot and Coyote, but suffice it to say I'm in the market for new partners.

Speaking of partners, Elsie is my rock. Our would-be wedding was crashed... bad choice of word... "invaded" by some neonazi Hicks. And then crashed... better use, still not a great word... by some vectors.

We made it out with Foxtrot and Coyote. Saw Mother Johnson's neck get torn open and ran with them and didn't turn back.

I'm a taker by trade, but I work on tech. Will sell information or unique gear for the right price. Unique is my specialty, and a passion. You can count on a fair deal on any unique items I pawn or get pawned.

U beasts is a great distraction from the Loss. Got a 13th level Alt-color Fearataur, max abilities. Looking for a Cryofin, must be female and have the "adventurous" desposition. Will trade just about any U Beasts for crypto, won't go the other way around.

Lightning Round

Abberants: They're real, but not well understood. Wierdest one I dealt with had four arms and threw a vector at Cigs like it was a football. That... wasn't fun.

Randians: Fuck em.

Latents: They're dangerous but still human.

Palbickle: Dead.

Gnat: Necessary. Ubiq is the only way 98% of humanity has stayed alive, some people are just to stubborn to admit it.

DHQS: A necessary evil. Terrible people, good loot.

Recession: Not for me. The crash was bad, but the recession eats people like me for breakfast. Plus I like the openness of the Loss.

Killing: Meh. I had killed before the Crash, self defense. It's not nearly as dangerous or as intimate at 500 yards.

Meds: No SOMA or Stim Sauce. Slow release medication implants pre-crash. Got another two years before that shit is up, and I already have replacements ready.

---------------------

So LordSkys is a Roach. They (at the time of the first post) have Str 1, Spd 3, Adp 3, Int 2, Cha 1, Will 3.

She has the Weak Spot of "Difference breeds Resiliance". She has been different all her life. Boy, girl, other, trans, f****t, she's heard every term in the book. She holds back, but saying just the right thing can make her hot headed, and her trust is not won easily due to those scars.

They also have the Soft Spot "The Few who are Loyal". She has a soft spot for those who are loyal to a fault. She never had that kind of support in her life before Elsie, and she sympathizes with those that are so desperate for that connection, whether or not it is a healthy or mutual relationship.

They have maxed Shoot, Athletics, Scavenge, Awareness, Self Control, Profession (Drones), and Mecahnics. She also has a smattering of other skills.

They are Lost for life, and more than a little unhinged. They are also willing to do desperate things for desperate times.

Finally, she has a unique rifle with all upgrades and a digital scope which doubles as a fully upgraded set of binoculars. She also has carpet armor, a Kevlar vest, a versatile club, and a wrist mounted EverLight. She has recently acquired a limited edition DHQS Special Ops Light Chassis drone, which has the hampering quality removed, whisper drive, and autocomplete algorithm. The Light Chassis cannot be taken with BeeMail Chassis.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 11:02:52 PM by LordSkys »
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
Re: LordSkys' Blog
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 12:57:26 AM »
LordSkys Blog

Date: November 5
Starting Casualties: 0

Chapter #1: A UBeasts's Purpose

Update 1: Total: 0
So I just finished up a little stint in New Athens. This place has closed itself from most all of the cloud based markets. These guys use Battlebeasts as a currency. It's negotiations and bartering every step of the way, but you can usually low ball them since they don't have much to offer in the knowledge of bounty trading.

I don't usually try turning these kind of trips into a score, but this enclave was too good to pass up. My Specs had about 6 years of beasts here, and being a UBeasts fanatic played to my advantage. Using location tags, depositions, alt-colors, rarity, level, potentials, the works for everything that played into the worth of these things. You set your collection to view with your client/supplier, and get to work trading. I must have cleared half a gig of battlebeasts off my specs.

Cigs and I have found some new blood in the area, and we're gonna meet up with them soon. A couple of gals from Hawlocker will be meeting up with us soon, and I'm ready to get to decent job pulling again.

Update 2: Total: 12
On the way to Hawlocker, I capped a few casualties and pulled some cards. As Cigs and i were going down the road, we found an old cross-country bus flipped on it's side. The driver and most of the passengers were strapped in, and made for easy pulling. The first aid kit was missing,but the overhead still had some decent-condition clothing, so we quick changed and decided to move on before people found us.

All in all, I'm excited for Hawlocker, and got some a sweet new toys to sell when we get there.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:54:55 PM by LordSkys »
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 02:10:16 AM »
LordSkys Blog

Date: November 6
Starting Casualties: 12

Chapter #2: The Road to Hawlocker

Update 1: Total: 12
Leg was uneventful; found a bike repair shop that was empty of people and casualties, and we were able to put together two bikes to speed up our trip to Hawlocker. We plan to sell them when we get there.

Update 2: Total: 16
Ran into a small town, a couple of Vectors charged us from a gas station while I was setting up the scouting drones. I hate how they always have to scream as they try to rip your face off.

After checking out the station, my best bet was that a latent went vector and killed his crew. I'm happy with the new gloves though.

Cigs and I hope to make it to Hawlocker by night fall.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:55:06 PM by LordSkys »

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 02:54:39 PM »
LordSkys Blog

Date: November 7
Starting Casualties: 12

Chapter #3: Tailpipe, Birchnut, and Stitcher

Update 1: Total: 16
So last night we rolled into Hawlocker a few hours after nightfall. They are NOT very receptive to those that roll around at night. While I don't blame them for their policies, the full body checks were pretty fucking invasive.

We found a little hole in the wall (figure of speech, not safety violation) to sleep in, and decided to stop on by the shopping district in the morning.

Let me just say Hawlocker has more Randians than shit has flies. I understand I just got out of bounty central, but these rands can't be serious. Half of them tried charging just for walking in front of their stalls.

After that foray into mindlessness, I think it's time to pick up the new recruits.

Update 2: Total: 16

First Impressions-

Tailpipe is an asshole, but he knows how his way around a gun. This guy is fast and not all there; his "audition" video, as he put it, was him out running three Vectors. He likes to be fast, i just hope he can learn to be quiet.
Tailpipe is a character I played for a short time. He dumped all of his bounty into maxing his speed, will, and adaption. He has Profession (parkour teacher), Athletics, Shoot, Awareness, and Scavenge. He's a Roach, and is not afraid to burn sanity. He is a Caucasian man from north LA.

Birchnut is paranoid about bites. I sold him some custom armor a little while back that I had modified from a score. He's head to toe decked in the middle of the enclave. I can understand a little bit of protection; but I mean kevlar, carpet, helmet, glove, military boots, chainmail, and a shield strapped to his back.
Birchnut was a one shot character I ran that dumped everything into being untouchable. Max Strength, Speed, melee, spear, shield, and a stupid amount of armor. he has Scavenger as his tough spot to afford it all. He is the son Mexican-American immigrants, and is about 5' 8".

Stitcher is bait, I can feel it. She doesn't know what the fuck she's doing. She and Tailpipe have been together for a few months now. She's a demolitions expert, supposedly.  She was a last minute addition, but she knows her way around a med kit, so we'll just let it be for now.
Stitcher is a Steward with ties to Alosine Corporation. She was born and grew up in Detroit, but took the opportunity to better the lives of her husband and her two daughters; by taking on this undercover job for the organization to check over the outer reaches of the heartland, for new growing area to support the contracts Alosine has with the Recession.
She has brown hair, green eyes, and a gleam of intelligence that is hard to ignore. She has Profession (DNA Researcher) or an equivalent skill.
Alosine will help her find information on DNA research projects and herbology, usually in return for samples from the enclave's food stores and out in the Loss.
She feels nothing for Tailpipe, but a cold bed is warmer when you sleep next to someone.

Anyways, with a full crew we might need to split it more ways, but there is more to be paid in the long run. Hopefully Elise will be here soon.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 04:39:06 PM by LordSkys »

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 04:40:58 PM »
LordSkys Blog

Date: November 9
Starting Casualties: 16

Chapter #4: Slow Start

Update 1: Total: 17
We've been on the road for a day now. Tailpipe is anxious as a chihuahua on espresso and amphetamines. Apparently we all run a bit too slow.

Found a casualty without arms or legs off the side of the road and killed it. I'm kinda anxious we haven't seen anymore.

Update 2: Total: 22
We've found about two dozen Casualties now without arms or legs.

Some are missing jaws, noses, or eyes. I've been trying to teach Stitcher the basics, but her and Tailpipe are way too antsy to pay much attention.

I don't blame them, but they need to keep their minds on track. I've been doing a little recon topside, and the surrounding fields also have limbless blight mines.

I just wanna get out of here.

Update 3: Total: 37
I've given up on killing any of these things that aren't immediately in our way. We've been walking for hours now with these things all around.

I've seen a grand total of three with enough limbs to be dangerous, and even they weren't fully intact.

None have cards or anything. I just hope they don't stick around too much longer on this trip.

There is an attached pic of a road running by a field with no distinguishing landmarks. There are a few Casualties with that look as if there limbs were ripped from there sockets.

Update 4: Total 41

We came up on a raider's camp on our walk. On the outskirts of the camp was at least a dozen of the limbless casualties.

As soon as we were in eye sight they started firing at us. Tailpipe is at least a decent shot, and Cig's been hunting most his life, so we take out the raiders easily enough. 6 men, armed with clubs and a few with guns. They all fought to the end.

As we were looting the camp a Vector came charging at Birchnut. He wasn't even phased as he smashed the things skull. I don't know whether to fear or respect a man that can do that; especially while wearing so much armor that it must actually have negative returns.

We left the raiders camp and eventually we stopped seeing those casualties.

I'm glad I have something to do while everyone else is taking a breather. I found a new Badgerbil, which is pretty nice; and I found out Birchnut still plays.

I traded him for a Mothrone, so he's at least pretty chill.

Update 5: Total: 41
Just got off my watch, found a place to hunker down for the night.

I'm not sure how much I trust Stitcher. I know she'll try to shoot the casualty coming for my leg, but there's a 50% chance she'll bury a slug in my head instead of the casualty's by mistake. Her hand is steady, but her aim is... unrefined.

Though that would explain why her demolitions would be so good, better with spray than precision.

Cigs is complaining about the light from my specs, so I'm heading to sleep.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 04:45:07 AM by LordSkys »

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 05:23:19 PM »
LordSkys Blog
Date: November 10
Starting Casualties: 29

Chapter #5: Señor Fuzzy
Update 1: Total: 29
I've been thinking about yesterday. While the casualties were still up, they were essentially harmless as long as you didn't step in their mouth. I think I'm gonna count each one as half a casualty.

i saw some goats out in a field we passed by; and ever since I've been thinking about Señor Fuzzy, a LALA up north. He's a goat herder that trades with the local enclaves.  He's never been right in the head as far as I'm aware, but at least the fleece is soft.

I think I may get a few bounty out of them if I clean and carry them back to the enclave, but we're a bit too far out for that kinda trouble. Plus, Big Bird doesn't fly very well when it has to carry bloody bodies.

Now i'm craving cabrita gyros. Fuck I'm hungry.

Update 2: Total: 30
Found a small farmhouse off the road. Place was completely empty, except for a casualty in the bathroom. Like every piece of furniture was missing. There was a shed outback with some stuff, and we found a rug that could fix up some carpet armor.

We stopped there for lunch, I'm still craving gyros.

Update 3: Total: 33
Finally got into a forested region, hoping to find something to make this trip worth while. Taking out the raiders brought in some cards, but paying bills is only breaking even. Carding casualties only works for so long, and my slingshot will only work so well before the C's are too close for safety.

This job we picked up should help turn out a small profit, but we gotta start pulling bigger gigs to make this work.

Update 4: Total: 34
Been thinking about Fuzzy. I'm pretty sure he's dead. I haven't seen him in a little over a year, and comes back every 48 days for exactly one day. Elise hasn't seen him when I was out last spring.

I think if I ever make it out, being a goat herding LALA is a best case scenario.

The fire is attracting casualties, and my watch is up. Night y'all.

Update 5: Total: 34
Someone pinged my specs with a trade request, it's a local area ping.

We are doubling up on watches for tonight, and leave a little before dawn.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 04:16:38 AM by LordSkys »

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 05:39:13 PM »
LordSkys Blog
Date: November 11
Starting Casualties: 34

Chapter #6: On We Go
Update 1: Total: 34
We left about two hours before dawn, and have been making sure we aren't being tracked every step of the way.

I've been sending Little Bird out scouting, and I haven't seen anyone yet. We've been avoiding casualties as to not leave a path, and the whole nine yards.

Cigs is worried I'm gonna attract unwanted attention if I keep blogging what we're doing, but I'm keeping my stories purposefully vague as to make sure no one can track us.

Birchnut is getting paranoid about the number of casualties we are leaving out there, but we couldn't risk taking them out. I'm starting to wonder if he has Mather ties.

Update 2: Total: 36

To clarify from my last update; I don't have any problems with Mathers, I just know they don't like leaving casualties when they can be taken out.

Anyways, we scouted out another farm house. The barn was barricaded shut, but the old blood stains and broken doors points to them being overrun. We had to deal with a few C's inside, but the cards were worth it, and it gave us a place to plan our next move.

I decided to make use of little bird and scout out the area for anymore C's, and it looks like we weren't as silent as we thought. Hopefully they'll pass us by instead of getting into a fight with us.

Update 3: Total: 40
Tailpipe got bit. The fucking idiot sneezed and drew in casualties. We had two of the fuckers left when Tailpipe gets bit in the shoulder. Fucking amateur.

Stitcher's blood tests show no blight in his system, but I still don't trust the guy. Stitcher patched him up while we got ready.

No more Casualties coming our way, luckily, but goddamn if that wasn't stupid.

I should clarify also that those are MY casualty kills, not our group's kills, and they are only ones I can confirm are mine.

Update 4: Total: 47
We finally got out of there. I'll explain later what happened, but mission was successful.

We "commandeered" a car, so I'll be home in a few hours.

Update 5: Total 48
So here's what happened:

We were contracted to do a mass mercy for an enclave that fell about a year back. Anyone remember Pipe-Dream? Yeah, mass outbreak in the populace, something about takers not telling their crew members about bites.

The C's had begun getting out of there, and it was a pretty big problem for the surrounding enclaves.

Anyways, Pipe-Dream was an old water treatment plant turned enclave. It was on a man-made river islet, and had multiple catwalks and bridges.

We had to go in and collect some supplies from the enclave before we take out the bridges.

We moved in quickly, using Big Bird to lure C's away from us, etc.

We had gotten the last of the weapons from the armory when I see two men running from shadow to shadow. At first I think we found Vecs but they were alive.

They bring us down a stairwell and we find children. Not a few children, 37 children. They've been scrounging and surviving for a year now, but there has been no way for them to clear the C's. Apparently they were holed up in an old Rec room turned storage turned orphanage.

We eventually decided to get them out using some buses they had in the parking area. Barely made it off the bridge.

Stitcher and Tailpipe Rigged the bridges to blow while we were in the enclave, and the whole place went up in a blaze of smoke.

All bridges were cut off, so the river should be safe now.

Cigs is a big grandpa type by nature, and he's playing games and what not with the children on the way back to Hawlocker. I don't know what to do when we get there, but the men keeping them safe paid us to eacort them out of the city.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 12:42:57 AM by LordSkys »

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »
LordSkys Blog
Date: November 12
Starting Casualties: 48

Chapter #7: Running Low
Update 1: Total: 50
The bus got held up at a roadblock along the county line. we did't have the rations to support the children, and the men were living day to day at Pipe-Dream.

We siphoned from diesel out of an old rusted-out tanker's fuel reserves, and hoped it would get us back to Hawlocker by morning. It didn't make it. We had to carry/hike the children from the 241 exit sign out to Hawlocker. The kids were silent, but that many boots were creating enough noise to drag every casualty in a two mile radius towards the roaming dinner caravan we had made.

We lost two of them. Two kids. Who fought through the Crash. Who fought through the fall of Pipe-Dream. Who fought through everything. One was bit on the way out of Pipe-Dream. Runt of a kid. she must have been no older than nine.

They say her name was Sophie.

The other one was seventeen, a boy so thing he could hide behind stalk of wheat. The men said he would sneak his food to the other kids, they tried to stop them, but they gave up eventually. He had gone back to save another that had fallen on the way to the bus. The kid was saved, but the C's dragged him down.

They called him Schmidt.

I've been nursing a bottle for hours now, enough to keep buzzed without being drunk. I've written this over the course of a few hours.

Fuck the Loss.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 05:50:27 PM »
LordSkys Blog
Date: November 15
Starting Casualties: 53

Chapter #8: Randian Purgatory
Update 1: Total: 53
So I have decided to get back into my blog after this short break. I'm doing okay now.

We caught a ride with some folks out to High View Falls. I understand staying in Hawlocker due to family or financial obligations; but that is a Randian hole, digging itself deeper and deeper, just like the US Economy Pre-Crash.

I sold a guy a new kevlar vest. Price was predetermined, he agreed to it and signed and everything. When he looks at it starts yelling about the wrong color, over vs. understrap, and demands to take the vest for half the price. fucking half. I tell him no, and he starts arguing with me some more. Eventually he tries pulling his gun on me, grabbing the vest, and bolting.

He trips over the freaking furniture on his way out, I restrain him, and like any good Randian charge him five bounty per wrist to uncuff him when he wakes up. Enough to make it out to High View Falls on the next bus w/ Elise. Talked with Cigs and the crew, we're out that night. We made good time though, so hopefully we'll be back in our apartment in High View soon.

Update 2: Total: 54
Had to pop one on the way in to High View, but we're home sweet home.

I sometimes forget how good it feels to just work on something and forget everything else. Little Bird got new rotors, which are much nicer than the cheap ones I got in Hawlocker, and cost about half as much.

And to Pennyville: I have your order finished, so don't get in a twist.

Update 3: Total: 55
Romantic night on the town w/ Elise, and not a Randian in sight. Stuck a C that got a little too handsy with the fence.

I miss Foxtrot and Coyote. I keep dreaming about them and the kid.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 01:57:38 AM by LordSkys »

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 01:58:09 AM »
LordSkys Blog
Date: December 4
Starting Casualties: 71

Chapter #9: On the Road Again
Update 1: Total: 68
Wait... LordSkys isn't dead? They aren't gnawing on some poor Idaho farm boy?

jokes aside, I've been coping.

Last week was interesting.

I was on my way back to High View after a quick closure job for a client. We stopped by a hobby shop to see if anything was worth grabbing, when I found the back room was unlooted. Drone parts, animatronics, the works. Then I found it.

A picture of Cigs next to a shelf full of 3D printer plastic. It looks like 5-8 haul.

Cigs is calling that a horde is on the way to the fence, gtg.

Update 2: Total: 147

Been up all night. Had to clear the gutters before going to sleep.

To clarify we call the giant pit trap around an enclave a gutter. Most of them i know of in Idaho have gutters.

We lost 17 fence guards, and Cigs got some use out of the new upgrades I gave his arm. It's technically the 5th, so I'm going to sleep the day and night off.

There were a lot of Vec's and fresh C's last night. We think one of our sister enclaves fell, but since there was no contact from any of the enclaves (damn balloons haven't been here for a week). We have to send scout out either by drone, falcon, or man. The enclave really have the resources for any of those, but maybe High View will get me a contract for a couple long range drones; since Whirlibird was one of the 17.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:14:02 PM by LordSkys »

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 04:18:50 AM »
No time for fanciness.

Cig's dead. Stitcher's dead.

Waiting for the screams to stop.

Out of ammo.

Out of rations.

5 out of the six major enclaves in the area have been invaded, overrun, or fallen.

The Falls are mostly black as it pulls the blight and vectors over the cliff.

Elise lost a leg.

Send help.

Food.

Anything.

The mayor's dead.

Everyone's dead.

I'm in charge of the "treasury". I am willing to pay for help. As much as you want.

Help us.

There are just over twenty of us here.

Mostly children.

Tailpipe is freaking out. He's popped six Soma in the last hour.

We're stuck here.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 06:54:38 PM »
Tailpipe OD'd

Out of water.

Someone send a drone.

Anything.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 11:37:31 PM »
Elise lost an arm on the way out of High View.

Haven't seen Birchnut since the night of the herd.

We were able to make it to my workshop before getting out.

Got some emergency bounty and the best gear I had.

We have two kids with us, they have nothing left to go back to.

We have nothing left to go back to.

We're currently just trying to survive.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 01:43:12 AM »
Found an overturned APC, got some new Kevlar plates for Elise's vest.

She's getting used to the prosthesis, she can walk and even jump, but she isn't out running anything yet.

The arm wasn't cut clean, but Dr. Professor should be able to help her.

Dr. Professor is this LALA I met a few years back now. He talks in riddles, but will trade medical help for stories and rations.

Dude's harmless, but has chained up C's to the side of his house. The blight leeches on to the wall and all over the chains, but they are normal C's.

I hope he has a spare arm I can trade him for the story of the Southern Idaho Fall. ( As I here the few survivors are calling it)

Update: Shacked up and on watch. Rations are starting to run low, but we should be able to collect enough rainwater to refill our bottles.

We found a respite, but since we don't have the means to replace the food, we're just getting the bare minimum.

Phoenix_the_Brave is almost back, gonna see if I can pull some jobs with him.

Phoenix was in my OG crew with Foxtrot, Elise, and Cigs.

That's right, Elise used to pull jobs with me, but she took on her own crew for a while before dropping of that curve. Coyote joined after the second or third job.

Anyways, Phoenix discovered some family in the enclaves out east by the line, and we've kept in touch.

He took the pic of Cigs, Foxtrot, Coyote, and me. Now it's just him and me left.

He's coming back with his sister, his new girlfriend, and his baby girl. They are just the cutest.

He and Minotaurus just took a shit in the DHQS's kitchen sink, so it'll be interesting to see how it works out.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 04:09:07 AM by LordSkys »

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2018, 03:53:23 AM »
December 23rd.

Found one of those high end electric cars in an auto shop. Took a day to fix up and charge the batteries, but we were cruising for a while.

We ended up at an archivist stronghold I found a few months back, and traded them some car repair manuals for entrance into the place. The people here are surprisingly helpful.

They agreed to take us in, in return for helping them out on a few collection missions. They call the place Lexicon.

Lexicon is a strip mall that has been repurposed into an archivist paradise.

While the enclave is run mainly by archivists, Lexicon seems to have a thriving community; of which many are not archivists.

The one problem I have with archivist idealogy is that collecting knowledge is considered more important than possibly using it. The people here are somewhat in agreement, and help each other in using the open use library the archivists have made.

Supplies are low here, but hopefully not abysmal. Phoenix will be here w/ Minotaurus, and then hopefully we can cash in, cash out, and keep safe here.

After High View, Pipe-Dream, and the other enclaves were hit I thought Lexicon was gone.

The Meek will most likely be looking for it next.

Luckily for us, archivism does have it's perks.

They have some of the best walls and defenses imaginable, while still making it look over run and ultimately in unsavable. I only knew where to look since I helped save an archivist from here, and they took me back.

Elise is doing okay, but Dr. Professor was a bust. Guy must have been bit months ago, found him walking circles in his living room before he saw us. Got some medical supplies and Suppressin, but nothing useful enough.

As far as I am aware, we are among the last of the High View survivors, and no-o e else is out there. I am gonna use the emergency fund for something more useful than wasting the bounty in the bank on takers that'll never come.

I spent several bounty on a doctor for Elise, who fixed up her arm and got us a new prosthesis for the price of one. I'm not the best negotiator, but I channeled my inner Coyote and got a good enough trade.

Elise is doing well, and hopefully we will be too in short time.

Update: Found out that only archivists going out to collect more knowledge still leave Lexicon regularly. They're barely surviving since they don't let their location be know to anyone outside of the trusted enclave and affiliates, which means no drone deliveries.

They have a faux enclave they use for drone delivery, which you have to go to do any sort of actual trading.

The entire enclave is rigged up with a GhoulNet-style proxy server, so you can't even ping the address.

Phoenix and I already are lining up a job over the specs, and it is gonna be good.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 05:56:46 AM by LordSkys »