Author Topic: LordSkys' Blog  (Read 3631 times)

LordSkys

• Moth
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
Re: LordSkys' Blog
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2019, 03:30:42 AM »
 January 22nd

I've started the shop up once again, and it seems to be working well. Since we're 100% Ubiq based, I'm not as dependant as my competition on getting a pay day.

Anyways, punch drone is in testing phase.

As in I am piloting the thing around outside the enclave and looting C's as it goes.

The thing is linked to a smart RFID linker signal, so it can detect a person by seeing if it gives off the RFID tag. It can't attack anything when within ten feet of a recognized RFID tag, and so it seems to work pretty well.

Hoping that the bounty it pulls in will help finance making more, but that's just a hope.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2019, 10:58:34 PM »
January 23

A Shepard got bit and went latent this morning. Dude was a natural latent, and just barely got out alive.

I am happy to say that the punch drone didn't kill him or his compatriots once I got them the RFID tags. I will also say that they weren't happy I was killing the Cs, but that is how shepards are.

Otherwise it's pretty quiet tonight, and the drone arm is hell to clean safely. Had to completely de-couple the arm to clean it, but otherwise got it. The blight just does not fall off naturally.

Heard there is a pack (herd? They kill for food so I think pack) of boars a few miles towards town. We may get to some hunting later this week.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2019, 11:04:08 PM »
January 24

We've been scouting out the town, and this morning I think that we may be able to take home at least a boar and a heifer. Pigs and boars are relatively easy to farm, so maybe we'll be able to get some more meat in the diets of the enclavists.
This is gonna be a score, for those of you who care what type of job this is.

I'm not gonna reveal all the specific secrets we used, but I'll give you the lowdown.

Hogs are notorious for eating up all the shit you don't want to, and then turning themselves into things you want to eat. They breed fast enough to overrun an area if left unchecked, but they're also cannibalistic and will take care of scraps you don't want to deal with.

We've got a giant tractor trailer set with a one way gate and cages, and we're catching any hogs we can and putting them in the back of the truck. These things catch a pretty penny, and Jackel says he can turn it into a valuable industry if we bring em back alive. We've got about four males in the back of the trailer, and a few ones that we had to put down, when we hear talk on the specs about dead weather coming in. These hogs are already drawing C's when we start seeing the stampede roll in.

We all know how stampedes are. All consuming, all destroying, and (most importantly) all discerning.

We decide the only way we can hope to make it back to the enclave is to lure them away from our hunting grounds. Half the crew uses the electric (car) to lure the stampede off to god knows where while we finish catching hogs.

The punch drone kept guard over the area, so I think it may be worth selling on the open market soon. We collected enough bounty to excuse the fact we had drag a live hog behind the electric to keep them focused on them.

It takes the better part of four hours to lure the stampede away, but we finish the job with enough hogs to make a butcher weep with joy.

We get back to the enclave and sell off the hogs and meat.

Update
I keep thinking back on the world before. How many people were devout about religious eating taboos, or being vegan, or whatever reason they had to not eat it. I saw a lot of people die from it, and it seems so superficial now.

Day to day survival is just... quiet. It's not loud, it's not colorful. You can either eat or be eaten, kill or be killed, live or die. It's black and white. Black goo, pale faces. Over and over again.

I'm over thinking again, good night y'all.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2019, 07:49:21 PM »
January 30

Picked up some work with the crew.

Been on the road for a few hours now, and we met up with another crew heading the same direction for a little bit before turning east.

These guys, the Cansom Crew, were a decent group. All of them were hippies pre-Crash, and decided to just keep drifting after everything went to shit.

They work some pretty weird jobs, but I can say they had some decent weed. I think they may have had the munchies, but they were extremely kind about it. Anyways, good guys. Hope they make it.

Sombrero was definitely the best card puller of the bunch. The Latent could pin a C to ground with an arrow and strip the Casualty of its wallet, belt, necklace, backpack, and wristwatch in 15 seconds flat.
Short video of Sombrero pulling cards, he clears 10 in just under two and a half minutes. There are many congratulations at the end.

The other guys were pretty cool too, but goddamn if that wasn't impressive

Sombrero, Guinea, Hatcher, and Tripwick; good luck my friends.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2019, 04:27:07 AM »
February 1

Been hiding in a cellar for the last two days. Extreme temperature swings are a pain in the ass.

It went from temperate to hail to extreme heat in the last few days. We tried moving, but it's hitting 130°F out there.

Been watching old vids and spending some quality time with Lupa. Just been chatting and shit.

Our competitors for the job lost two to heat stroke. Second one was latent. I hear the only survivor now is too. I feel bad for the guy, lost his crew, then he has to take the shot. Sucks.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2019, 08:07:51 PM »
February 3

After moving fast across two bridges and a rest stop, we are back on track for the job.

We were tracked by some ferals for a few miles. Ended up being a cougar that we had to take out. Thinking I can find a guy that would buy the claws and teeth off of me for some ancient healing rites.

Update:
A few miles from the job site, setting up watch positions so we can be ready for tomorrow.

Caught a Mothrone and a Fearataur.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:53:45 AM by LordSkys »

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2019, 04:53:08 AM »
February 4

Finished clearing out three buildings of C's.

Our client had hired us to clear out an old apartment complex outside of a city. They had discovered that the bottom floor had no windows and was made of high grade  concrete, and the other parts of the complex were raised above the ground enough to protect the bottom floor.

It also had a small park attached that was fenced in. I think they want to reinforce the other two buildings and expand the fence to the edges of all three buildings. How they plan to get water in there is beyond me.

Anyways, we were clearing the hallways on the fourth floor of the apartments of the first building; when Minotaurus got bit deep in the left shoulder. We're talking "picking teeth out a skin" deep.

After clearing the main hall and any apartments that were open to the hall, we blood test Mino. He has it. He's screwed. He takes the shot. The screaming. Dear lord the screaming.

If every C in the building didn't know about us, now they did.

Lupa, Phoenix, and I start finishing the rooms we had left on the floor, with Almanac having a trained shot on Mino's head just in case.

Just as I'm about to enter a final room, I get tackled by a C. I go to offer up my carpet armored arm to the thing, when Mino barges down the hall, warhammer in tow, and smashes the C to bits. The thing was knocked off of me and out a window faster than you can say recovery.

At first I think Mino's gone full Vector, but luckily he turned, gave me this wide dumb smile, and steps back so others can help him up.

Reinforcements come in tomorrow morning, so hopefully they can deal with one more missing window.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2019, 01:12:00 PM »
February 5

Fucking assholes. The fucking randian shithead, sent hitmen after us to kill us when we finished the job. They attacked at fucking 3 in the morning.

God damn, if any of you meet a rand named Router, do me a favor and take him out. He tried arguing with me that the cost of the hitmen was coming out of our paycheck, because it was so expensive to hire professionals. He expected to have us pay out of our payment to be killed.

Asshole.

Luckily for us, these "professionals" were dumb asses that left their bounty accounts unlocked on their specs.

After checking with a reference (shout out to Slim-Haxor) and finding no dependents for these guys, we drained the bank.

A picture of a shorter balding man, he is asian-american with jet black hair and a small mustache. He wears a surprisingly clean grey suit jacket, vest, and pants. His red tie with yellow stripes stick out in the picture.

We all know rands don't pay. Blacklist this fucker with any taker crew you know.

I have since made it clear with Almanac that we do not work with Randians. Ever. Call me close-minded, but their religion is literally screwing over customers and employees.

In between carding and the hitmen's gear, I think we made up our payment, but we were a bit to close for my liking.

Update:
We got a little bit of a hold up on the way back, but I think we can make it home a little after night fall tomorrow.

I need a red ale and some decent fruit.

I forgot to pack extra snacks.

Today sucks.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 09:53:25 PM by LordSkys »

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2019, 02:45:42 PM »
February 7

Been at Lexicon for a few hours. The Detoxin crew is having pay docked for screwing over the enclave. It's partial, since they did bring in something, but overall I don't know if enough is being done.

Minotaurus has been moved to the lower level Latent housing.

Otherwise nothing much happened. A lot of people got heat stroke during the temperature change, but otherwise not much news.

I haven't slept since the attempted hit. Maybe home is what will let it happen.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2019, 07:35:53 PM »
February 12

Almanac gave me an apology gift. I didn't expect one, but it was appreciated.

We got a new shipment of citrus from another enclave, and Almanac bought the entire crew a grapefruit the size of a volleyball.

I think we are gonna be bidding on some contracts soon, but all in all not the most terrible day in the undead wastes of the Loss.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2019, 03:54:38 PM »
February 16

We're on the move again. Tale's End LLC are some slimy bastards. I mean, we all are bastards in this line of work, but stealing the battery pack for all my crew's tech? That's low man.

Anyway, they snaked us on the job, so we found a nice place to hole up and card for a while. I think we can break even on this, but it's getting a bit to close for my liking. Luckily we have the supplies to get out of here in a snap, and we're ahead right now.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2019, 12:56:55 AM »
March 26

I've run some jobs since last time. I keep feeling like I'm being followed. There's something alien about the feeling. Lupa knows how on edge I am.

There's something so familiar with it. Even now I feel like it's watching me.

We got the job on our own merits, but we had to go up against Tale's End LLC again. I bet a week of rations that the bastards sent someone after me.

We have a job tomorrow. Hopefully I'll cap this bastard who's trying to take my score

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2019, 01:24:14 AM »
March 30

Every night someone is watching us.

The job just finished. Tale's End hasn't even tried nicking our score. I think we may need some extra muscle or a sharp shooter.

Lupa and Phoenix have noticed it too.

Maybe we've all just been going Loss side too much.

LordSkys

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2019, 03:45:55 PM »
May 2

He's out there. Every night. Every damn night he walks outside the walls.

I put two between his eyes. He begged me to, after the blight began to make him turn.

It's Cigs.