Author Topic: Most shamed thing yourewilling to admit  (Read 1368 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
Most shamed thing yourewilling to admit
« on: May 21, 2018, 10:52:03 PM »
I'm drunk. ;D

Ill start

I have two peopleipay bounty to just to give metouchtherapy because i am ahorrible blight monster and miss homan contact
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
Re: Most shamed thing yourewilling to admit
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 12:12:20 PM »
My family's dead, my adopted family's gone, and the people who depend on me now are the families of the last two crews I've worked with.

I don't know their names.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:23:38 PM »
How do I delete this thread?

Not a legit question, don't answer please ;)
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

One Bounty. Two Crypto

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 04:27:09 AM »
Don't get me wrong, Slick, Champ, Slugger, and Nana are all great and I'll get them over the wall. It's not *their* fault that Mommy/Daddy/Sonny didn't know how to dodge, or shoot, or get to cover. Those were my teammates that failed, and I failed them by not helping to provide the necessary survival skills.

Their family is now my family and I'm getting them out.

I just don't know their names.

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »
Don't get me wrong, Slick, Champ, Slugger, and Nana are all great and I'll get them over the wall. It's not *their* fault that Mommy/Daddy/Sonny didn't know how to dodge, or shoot, or get to cover. Those were my teammates that failed, and I failed them by not helping to provide the necessary survival skills.

Their family is now my family and I'm getting them out.

I just don't know their names.

Or their faces?

I *do* know their faces.  I know who they are, just not their real names. 

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:53:40 PM »
That is the standard human response, Blue. Running INTO danger instead of running away is not the act of a sane rational person. Show me one single person who puts themself into danger that doesn't have some damage.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 09:00:40 PM »
I'm willing to run and live than save those in need.

Every. Single. Time.

Since before the Crash.

we've got to earn our angel wings.  This is how we need to be, but it doesn't mean we can't play it smart.

One Bounty. Two Crypto

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 11:15:17 PM »
I guess I'd be willing to admit my brother was once part of President Hunter's Secret Service protection team.
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

The Passerby

• Taker
  • We all walk past, I can only hope I notice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 01:32:44 AM »
We were driving down some backroads in Washington. There was a checkpoint, it was still being guarded by one dude and a dog.

One of those Finest types, sheriff's deputy. The guy was a reedy dude, missing half his left hand, had a chewed up arm, and he somehow wasn't dead. Don't know how he wasn't infected, maybe he was immune. Don't know. But he's still got this checkpoint up, with those police sawhorse barricades, and a couple of vehicles. The American Flag still waving.

Just was he was armed, and armored, and he had a national guard humvee with a M2 on the turret.

Goes on and on about checkpoint, quarantine, tells us to turn back over a megaphone or he will have to arrest us or open fire if we resisted.

He isn't paying attention. He's on a megaphone. He's crazy.

Won't name names, but I voted to just break off. Rest of the crew wasn't so sure.

I get told to take the shot.

So I do.

Then I shoot the dog.

I left people behind, I cut loses, but those two...first time I chose to do something for convenience's sake.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 11:15:24 PM »
I saluted a Nazi flag once. I would have been killed if I hadn't, but I still shouldn't have. I won't ever tell my son that it happened.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 11:53:06 PM »
I saluted a Nazi flag once. I would have been killed if I hadn't, but I still shouldn't have. I won't ever tell my son that it happened.

you dident swear your undying loyalties to it, and if the options are for you to do something without harming yourself or anyone else and your life (especially as a family person) and death. i think you've obviously made the correct choice (considering your here to talk about it suggests you have). hell even if they made you swear an out loud oath and sign a contract in blood or whatever else you can think of, if your not feeling it in your heart then none of it meant anything.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 03:22:46 AM »

you dident swear your undying loyalties to it, and if the options are for you to do something without harming yourself or anyone else and your life (especially as a family person) and death. i think you've obviously made the correct choice (considering your here to talk about it suggests you have). hell even if they made you swear an out loud oath and sign a contract in blood or whatever else you can think of, if your not feeling it in your heart then none of it meant anything.
Thanks for thee kind words. 'Course it also did keep those fuckers from cutting off my son's arm. I paid 'em all back eventually, and I feel no shame at all about any of that.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

KgreaterthanD

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 06:42:13 AM »
When the rutters town settlement went down, I shot a group of eight settlement folk who had escaped...it was better that than let them wander around get bit and go vector near an enclave... 

The logic is unassailable, it was the right thing to do, but it didn't feel that way.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 10:05:30 PM »
wow, that's a bad one.  Can anyone top that? :D

One Bounty. Two Crypto

KgreaterthanD

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 11:12:01 AM »
Video of KD, her norfolk accent and slurring from alcohol making her almost unintelligable,which is a weird contrast to the crisp clean cut glass of her last video.  There are fresh talley marks cut into her shoulder. So ya hav that 'appy clappy, Kum-ba-ya bullshite, for folk when it is shite like "oh no I gotta 'tend to be a bad person for like alla five seconds"; but someone making actual hard fucking choices, looking out for the survival of the species and it crickets.

Yeah, nah,  I see how it be.