Author Topic: NASA?  (Read 574 times)

Varlaax 2.00

NASA?
« on: December 14, 2018, 07:22:48 AM »
OK, on behalf on US clients based in London.

Rich arseholes they are. Paid doesn't mean politeness. I'm British not Mr Belvedere Jr from the remake TV show.

NASA? Any news if its still in use after the Crash? Occupied? Enclave?

I know the wave of privatization hit Space exploration hard. As in moneybags wanted control.

Especially when Moon Bases became a 'Thing' and everyone wanted one but still.

Did the DHQS take it over? Moths in control?

My alternative would be checking the China based Space Programme or attempting to talk to Australian contacts.

Either one of these is a harder deal.

No idea if the 'Moon bases' are still substantial enough to consider. Blight free doesn't mean starvation free.

I'm willing to pay Bounty for relevant information and substantial rumors regarding NASA.

Especially if any ancient Space Shuttle tech remains.

Reusable means more clients wanting to escape to Moon Bases.

Especially after the rich ones headed to Mars pre-Crash. And probably crashed.

Shame the International Space Station got purchased by Pear way back when.

NASA folks?

I'll post what I have soon enough.

On a side note. Anyone who has anything on Kinectic Rods would find a grateful Black Math population. And I typed nothing.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
Re: NASA?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 03:29:25 AM »
Var not sure if your joking or just off your meds again  ;), but could we perhaps get a bit more of good old Terra firma under control before we start for the stars again buddy? to humor your original post though the NASA HQ is firmly in DHQS territory with the Primary launch sites in Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. now that being said im told that California not as bad as most reports would have us suppose it is with a thriving community of specialized enclaves set up there but ive not been sold on the info personally and think the majority of it is hogwash. I think your clients might have better luck searching out some more of the private corps that sprung up right before the economy tanked and see if any of their warehouses might still contain anything of value that hadent managed to get sold off to some lesser company.

were the moon bases actually a thing? I thought all of that was propaganda and theory talk and that 'Great thigns were in the works.' and other non-since like that. even if they had managed to establish something simi stable im fairly sure that theres probably nothing up there by now but dist and bones what with the dependency they would have still had for supplies at least annually at the very least. also they might (in the event there was a 'they' still) not take kindly to us breaking what is effectively a planetary quarantine and risk any contaminates of the blight making it to their now de-facto home(world).

let me know if im swinging outside of the mark here or if you got info that im missing Var. ive always been one for optimism and space in particular holds a special place in my heart but its a much darker and colder place outside our blue marble...blight non-withstanding.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

LordSkys

• Moth
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
Re: NASA?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 05:32:50 AM »
The "soil" on the moon didn't have enough nutrients to make even the most effective GMO potato grow.

They were more like outposts than bases iirc, and had to have near monthly supply drops (due to population and complications).

Hunter administration, and later DHQS, completely killed the space budget iirc, and that was before the Crash.

So yeah, unless we have C's on the moon, nothing is up there now.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.