Author Topic: Leg: Loot Box/ Prize Inside  (Read 101 times)

Askew

• Taker
  • Sean B, Local Market, Larval Podcaster
    • View Profile
Leg: Loot Box/ Prize Inside
« on: March 29, 2019, 01:52:00 AM »
Hey folks, heads up. My crew’s been seing a bunch of dumpsters or those old clothing donation boxes around with either “Loot Box” or “Prize Inside” written on them in big letters. Hell, BiteMark found one that was a mailbox (I thought they were all gone long before the Crash tbh, but whatever).

Anyhow important thing is that some have a stack of bounty in them for the taking, some were traped, some empty. There’s no pattern that we’ve been able to figure out yet. We also heard that Gram Gram’s boys found one that had some kind of fucking Blight splatter trap?? Luckily they had some suppressin on hand, but seriously that was messed up.

BiteMark thinks they’re a Meek conspiracy, while I’m betting a laminate on it’s just a LALA with a sick sense of humor.

tl:dr- careful of those loot boxes, some have a nice pay out, others will fuck you over. But then that’s the Loss for ya.

Market can roll to randomly determine contents. Of top of my head: Crit success just bounty, success bounty with a trap or empty without a trap, fail is empty with a trap, crit fail is blight trap or Cs inside

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
Re: Leg: Loot Box/ Prize Inside
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 07:30:11 PM »
good call, Haven't seen anything like that here in our corner of the south east, but I am sure that if its in one region it wont be long before copy cats spread the practice. one more thing the watch-out for out there. see if you can get a regional map posted, we might be able to track down the people(s) who are doing this sooner rather then later by tracking where the current trap have been found.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

LordSkys

• Moth
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 01:08:05 AM »
 I've seen that kinda shit with shipping containers in a dock, but never smaller boxes like that.

Sounds like something for the dronkey or Latent to deal with.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 10:48:16 PM »
Sounds like something for the dronkey or Latent to deal with.

I have to (with all due respect) disagree, regardless of whats inside one of these boxes its not worth the risked value of a Dronkey, much less risking a Latent-> Vector wound caused by some nut jobs booby-trap. if you've gotten to the point where that sounds like a reasonable risk to take then by all means...could be your lucky day.

worse case id run chain / rope round it and smash it around real solid like for a while to jack up any trap best i could before even attempting to open it. from the sounds of things the kind of latch style / pressure traps probably wouldn't survive getting rolled around like that.

stay safe out there.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."