Author Topic: Score: Oh, those work?  (Read 516 times)

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
Score: Oh, those work?
« on: May 28, 2018, 09:04:51 PM »
So we all know that every pharmacy, drug store, and empty hospital has been raided for antibiotics, narcotics, and any medical supplies that can be of use. It's been five years, so we're even down to the medical supply warehouses being raided for their contents.

But there's an untapped supply right under everyone's noses, and I will let you in on the secret. It may sound fishy at first, your crew may be a little pig-headed, and it might seem like chicken-feed. But there's a source for those with good horse sense, and any that choose not to follow the herd will have seen it already.

You want locations, just ask!

Varlaaax

Re: Score: Oh, those work?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 09:24:17 PM »
Drugs that haven't expired after five years would be rare..

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 11:30:40 PM »
one of the first things I did when I realized what was happening was raid exactly that sort of place.  Then I blew through most of the supplies within two weeks, as people I was treating succumbed to infection.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 11:57:10 PM »
It means going from "Take 2 of these every 6 hours" to "Patient weighs X so proper dose is a shot of Y cc's in the rump" and maybe a rundown with hay and a few treats in the feedbag.

Then again, you know it's also shelf-stable because nobody wants their prize Guernsey to drop after a bas batch of antibiotics; those beasts had dollar amounts attached, so a farmer suing for damages had a SOLID bottom line if the quality control was off. Fewer lawsuits back in the day for bad batches. Just saying.

And as to whether or not the feed stores have been looted? How many people would think to get horse tranquilizer and cow-biotics?

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 06:06:01 PM »
I also know there's been a resurgence of people making specific medications again, granted its not a mass production thing but some times its the difference between losing a limb and losing a life. we've been slowly building up a stockpile of supplies to field a enclave clinic but were hitting a wall with reliable refrigeration. the root cellars help but its not enough for actual refrigeration.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."