Author Topic: Movement and running away from casualties  (Read 166 times)

Dr_NANO

• Bait
    • View Profile
Movement and running away from casualties
« on: May 18, 2019, 01:34:32 PM »
Just ran the quickstart rules scenario for some friends and there were some of the rules I definately did not understand. Casualties move 1 Shamble per combat round toward the Takers, but what if they want to run away?

How far can the Takers move if they want to get closer and go into melee with a casualty?

What about Vectors? They are described as inhumanly fast, so can you outrun them?

LordSkys

• Moth
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
Re: Movement and running away from casualties
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 08:52:42 PM »
Shamble speed is equal to SPD of the Taker.

It always takes a Tactic to move. Each move is up to a Taker's shamble speed.

Remember you can trade your twitch for an additional tactic, but it puts you at the end of the initiative order. (I think only for that round though) This means you can move then attack, attack then move, or move twice; among many other options.

If a Taker is 10 or more shambles away from all casualties in the area, and nothing is keeping them there (locked doors, more casualties, etc.) they can flee the scene. They escape the casualties and are no longer in danger. The Takers must have a higher SPD than the Vector's murder modifier (or have a way to block the vector like unscalable walls, highly reinforced doors, etc AND be actively using it against the Vector) to escape a scene with a Vector.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

Dr_NANO

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Movement and running away from casualties
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 10:56:16 AM »
Thats was also my interpretation so far. But that assumes that casualties are further than 1 Shamble away. From my read through there are 3 conditions that informs how movement works:

1) Casualties are far away (x>1 shambles) You can use your tactic to burn a ration and move your SPD with a succesful Athletics check. (And as @Lordskys mention declare full offense on your turn and convert your twitch to a Tactic that occurs at the end of the round, allowing for example a ranged attack)

2)Casualties will at the end of the round be at Shamble=1 (and attack you): If you still have a twitch you get a chance to evade the the mob as per page 297 left column. Does this mean that you again move SPD with a succesful Athletics check? Or does it just mean that you do not get damaged and stay in place?

3) Casualties are at shamble=1 at the beginning of your turn. Then you have option a-d as listed under Frenzy on p. 297?