Author Topic: Safe places  (Read 1129 times)

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
Re: Safe places
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 06:13:56 PM »
How reliable would you say Hobo sign is for non-Takers or Loss natives Mauve?

To be fair, few of those residents who are not Takers would have reason to be far enough out of an Enclave for the signs to make much difference. If they are, they're either 1) part of a convoy, thus hopefully surrounded by armed people keeping them safe 2) lost and alone, desperate for shelter, or 3) members of some faction that might not be welcome in an Enclave.

In all three cases, the reliability of the signage goes out the window due to the situation described.

Gator

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 05:49:34 AM »
LHT drivers have somethin' like this. We've got a whole load of radio codes, but you'll also occasionally catch sight of some chicken scratch on road signs and such. More'n likely that's a trucker lettin' his fellow drivers know what's comin' down the road.

For example, if you see "Papa Oscar Romeo" or just "POR" (stands for "place of refuge"), you'll know that there's a spot nearby with shelter and space enough to keep a rig decently hidden. Next best thing when you're too far from an LHT outpost and need to bunk up for the night. "Gridlock" means casualties, and lots of 'em. "Easy street" is the opposite, with at least 50 miles of clear lanes ahead.

I got half a damn dictionary in mah head of these, so if you ever come 'cross somethin' that seems like it might be trucker code, I'll translate for ya.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2018, 02:11:58 PM »
I once saw a ubiq coordinate that read 'Fatback and Lug Nuts'
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto