Author Topic: Leg: Laze-E-Boi  (Read 2364 times)

villainbach

• Bait
  • Member of Carte Blanche
    • View Profile
    • Autumn by the Wayside
Leg: Laze-E-Boi
« on: June 30, 2017, 10:08:55 AM »
Anybody else getting pinged by user 'Laze-E-Boi'?

I'm making my way back from the coast but the Legend has me on a detour. I had to shut off my Ubiqs because I was getting spammed by this guy for a job offer.

Anyway, so, I'm mapping out some old farmland from up on a hill and I see, in the field below, this half-circle of 8 chairs. Just sitting there, amongst the grass. I pull out my binoculars and confirm there are people in those chairs, bundled up and unmoving- like scarecrows on a break.

I've seen how this sort of thing goes so I start to pack up and that's when my Ubiq goes crazy with these offers and I turn around to get one last look at the scene and see that one of the... guys? I guess... one of the people down there is waving. Not moving anything else, just waving his hand in the same back-and-forth rhythm. Nothing about the situation was right so I moved on to the next field and kept my head down.

I rendezvoused with a 3-person outfit the next day- traded for a clip off them. Didn't think to ask them about what job they were off to do until I was making my way back and started getting pinged again near that same field. Curiosity got the better of me and fuck if there aren't 11 people sitting down there now. If you get something like what follows, I suggest steering clear.

"Hey there Ivegot some lazeEbois down here that couldsure use a ahnd or 2 (or3) withsum work.were a friendly group :) but wedo get TIRED of the WORK and itis never done. we laze3bois paygood and theres lots of work onsite, justneed some EZ lifting and that's all. once this bout ofthe LAZ-Es haspast willbe upn' runnin' fine on r own. Any u lazz boys want bounty for EZ wrk (SITTIN ON UR ASS), PLZ ping back!"

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Leg: Laze-E-Boi
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »
If I remember correctly, some slavers tried this same trick a while back. Offer up an easy job with good pay to the desperate and they come running. Once they collect enough of them they tie them up and ship them off to whoever's buying. I wasn't Taking at the time but I do recall several groups of Takers were hired to eliminate the group. Could be the remnants of the group are up to their old tricks or someone else is copying them?
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Askew

• Taker
  • Sean B, Local Market, Larval Podcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 05:37:14 PM »
Yeah, that's a huge pile of NOPE.

Flatcap

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 06:26:59 PM »
You know, I heard once someone talking about, uh, well, how Blight gets in your head. Like, they dug up some fucked-up DHQS footage about infecting people on purpose and sticking them in medical scanners to see what bits of the brain died first. I know, fuck the DHQS and all that, right?

Well, Vectors apologise because normally the language centre is the last bit to really 'go'. The Blight prioritises other functions when it takes you over. A person going Vector loses control of their body pretty fast, but they can still talk and think. Most of the time.

And yeah I'm gonna talk Aberrants again, fuck you, I saw one once and you're not convincing me otherwise.

So the theory I heard is sometimes the Blight got the language centre FIRST. And that was where it built its.. whatever it is. Centre. Infrastructure, whatever. And sometimes you hear of zombies that still remember a few words, or human actions, so maybe something went wrong with the wiring up there, right?

What if that's what that is? Some Meek or whatever infected themselves, or a Latent took some sleeping pills to pass away, or the chairs were where some assholes got bit and strapped down, whatever. But they turned. They're dead now. But the Blight has enough language-centre mass to still be able to communicate.

Guy I heard theorising this called it a Covfefe. I think it's a type of bird, maybe? Not my area.
The Amazing Bionic Latent

Askew

• Taker
  • Sean B, Local Market, Larval Podcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 04:37:02 AM »
Laughing my ass off

Varlaax

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 11:47:19 PM »
Saw this old thread and it reminds me of a 24 hour open pub we saw near Calais, France.

Load of signs pointing to it. Adverts on Uqiq galore.

So why has no one reached it yet and responded via Ubiq except for reviews of 'Grt company and beeerwine. Cuum to 24hour pub. Happy Times.'

And all the reviews are 5 star.

The scary thing? You can see the lights are on 24 seven and noisy patrons.

And the fact that Calais is a dead city outside of the Quarantine Zone. Literally. The lights got shut down when The Blight spread to France.

Ministry of Kindness front?

Varlaaax

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 02:47:26 PM »
I'd really like to see this Laze-E-Boi'?

See if the rumours are true. Join the fun!

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 11:48:01 PM »
In my time in the Loss, I've run into a number of "Nope" situations. This right here? This is something to just "Nope" right past.

You see it, mark it on the map and go past with a gun in hand, ready to run.

Varlaaax

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 03:33:48 PM »
Is a lazeboi some kind of Taker name?

I'm Loss EU based.

MauveHand

• Moth
  • US Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 03:45:53 PM »
Is a lazeboi some kind of Taker name?

I'm Loss EU based.

It's a brand of recliner chair. Big overstuffed chair with a lever on the side that deploys a leg-rest and then reclines the back. Also called a barcalounger, but not the outdoor-patio version

Varlaax 2.00

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 07:38:59 AM »
Those Laze-E-Bois scare more more than any joke or rumour.