Author Topic: WANTED: Information on musical instruments (I have bounty!)  (Read 1340 times)

Squeak

• Bait
    • View Profile
Save the music!

Do you have a valuable instrument? Because I have bounty. Information on valuable instruments? I have bounty. Hell, do you have a hunch as to where valuable​ instruments may be? Because I HAVE BOUNTY.

I'm serious. Call me an idiot, call me gullible, call me an archavist...I don't care. I know I'm doing the right thing. You help me save the music, and I give you bounty. It's that simple.

The Passerby

• Taker
  • We all walk past, I can only hope I notice.
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: Information on musical instruments (I have bounty!)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 08:24:07 PM »
...are you asking for specific vintages of antique instruments or are you just asking for instruments in general?

Because if the premise is, saving the music, shouldn't you be asking for sheet music, recordings, and people that still have the skills?

Like...this isn't going to wind up with you having a pile of orchastra quality instruments and the need for orchastra quality players in a year is it?
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Squeak

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »
I'm honestly not to worried about the sheet music. Anything not already on the internet when all this shit happened probably won't be missed.

All I really care about are the instruments. I think​ it's somebody's responsibleity to make sure these instruments are still in working order in a generation or two.

Does that mean that I may be sitting on an orchestras worth of instruments without the orchestra to play it? Well I'll tell you what...I ALREADY have an orchestras worth of instruments (I actually have about 3 orchestras worth at this point). So we're far past that scenario.

I want the instruments. I want to make sure they are still around. I want to make sure people are still playing in the future. I want to make sure that the generation that comes after us? You know, the generation that has never known a world without these fucking C's? I want to make sure that these poor little bastards at least know what an acoustic guitar is.

I mean, you understand why I'm doing this right? Surviving as a species is about more than just fucking the next generation into existence. It's about culture. If our culture doesn't survive with us, then isn't that the same as dieing? You know what happens if I don't do this? I'll tell you... We fucking die. Not as a species or anything, but US? The generation that remembers what the world was like before? We fade away. We become a distant memory... and the only thing separating us from the bitters on the other side of the fence will be who gets to die without a bullet hole in their skull. Call me what you will, but I for one refuse to accept a world where nothing separates us from casualties.

So to answer your question definitely...At this time I am currently looking for the instruments themselves.

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 06:03:05 AM »
If you want a lead on classical instruments I can't help you, but if you have a taste for some rock and roll i can find a place that hasn't been raided yet.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.