Author Topic: Video: Dealing with jammed weapons.  (Read 2805 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
Video: Dealing with jammed weapons.
« on: July 03, 2017, 09:45:42 PM »
As before, there's a simple video link that discusses pistol and rifle problems when the weapon jams.

I'm not nearly as good with firearms as I am with lifesaving techniques, but I noticed that Lifelines didn't have a vid for this.  You'll note I didn't really know much about the rifle, as I didn't get to hold it for obvious reasons. For you more well-trained types, maybe you could go over proper cleaning techniques and those heavier caliber weapons I see on the raiders?

If you think that's a good idea, that is.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

The Passerby

• Taker
  • We all walk past, I can only hope I notice.
    • View Profile
Re: Video: Dealing with jammed weapons.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 01:20:03 AM »
There's an archive, still up on Ubiq, you best download and spend your weekends reading. Especially if you want to self-teach handling a MG. Like, I was an gun nut pre-Crash, and I ain't as full up on this topic as I like.

As for the vid. Seems okay enough, it is a classroom video though. Unless you practice until muscle memory, it giving you individual exercises might be too advanced. Like, the exercise it gives for misfeeds and double feeds generalize well enough to other problems. And if there is a stuck cartridge case in the chamber, you are better off just drawing a sidearm...or running.

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Limerick

• Bait
  • Thr 1c was a poetic Tkr/Not rdy 2 meet any mkr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 02:07:48 AM »
When dealing with a gun that’s been jammed
—because sometimes things don’t go as planned—
     you should take a deep breath,
     then tap, rack, and assess;
And hope by your misstep, you’re not damned.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 12:00:38 PM »
There's an archive, still up on Ubiq, you best download and spend your weekends reading. Especially if you want to self-teach handling a MG. Like, I was an gun nut pre-Crash, and I ain't as full up on this topic as I like.

As for the vid. Seems okay enough, it is a classroom video though. Unless you practice until muscle memory, it giving you individual exercises might be too advanced. Like, the exercise it gives for misfeeds and double feeds generalize well enough to other problems. And if there is a stuck cartridge case in the chamber, you are better off just drawing a sidearm...or running.

well I figure that if you're watching the vid, you've already run, right?
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 06:25:47 PM »
Good point there. Good point.  :P

As for that archive. Here's a link.

It's a IRL archive, it goes under a few names and you should be able to torrent it easily. It includes US military manuals from the 20th century and various materials about waging insurgency.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 08:31:04 PM »
Good point there. Good point.  :P

As for that archive. Here's a link.

It's a IRL archive, it goes under a few names and you should be able to torrent it easily. It includes US military manuals from the 20th century and various materials about waging insurgency.

Good shit. Reading is no substitute for practice, though. Like Passerby said earlier, you gotta get that muscle memory down. Practice at home, a lot. Everybody understands the importance of target practice, but too many never appreciate the value of jam clearing or field stripping practice. The good news is, you can run a lot of the drills with empty cartridges so you're not wasting live ammo or risking accidental discharges.

Hey Passerby, PM me if you wanna shoot the shit about shooting shit.  ;)
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

The Passerby

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 09:54:03 PM »
Good shit. Reading is no substitute for practice, though. Like Passerby said earlier, you gotta get that muscle memory down. Practice at home, a lot. Everybody understands the importance of target practice, but too many never appreciate the value of jam clearing or field stripping practice. The good news is, you can run a lot of the drills with empty cartridges so you're not wasting live ammo or risking accidental discharges.

Sure, why not?

Was that an actual invitation to PM?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:53:27 PM by The Passerby »

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 10:12:57 PM »

Sure, why not?

Was that an actual invitation to PM?

If you want, sure. But I know way less about guns than Freebird does, so I wouldn't be able to hold up my end of that conversation.  :)
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/