Author Topic: Hello from Big Boy, WY  (Read 5474 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
Hello from Big Boy, WY
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:16:12 PM »
Hey Ubiq, new taker here.  I guess I'm going by Code Blue.  I'm looking for a group to work with.  Willing to travel. 

I'm not sure what else to say so I guess I'll just talk.

So we're at the Big Boy, its this steam engine attraction up here in Wyoming.  I was just passing through when the Crash hit.  Well, you know what happened, but the place held, and since then we've scavenged that train to bits for every inch of steel we can use to reinforce the walls.   The whistle still works though, so we use that to kite the casualties.

Anyway, well I don't really feel like telling my life story to you guys but I guess I'll present my qualifications.   I was an EMT during the Crash.  I got bit, and got latent as a result, so that's pretty shitty, but I'm alive.  I need bounty, and I don't really care what I have to do anymore.  Its all hell, I just want to get my sister out of here.

Please.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Big Boy, WY
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 09:42:28 PM »
Hey Blue,
I don't know about a crew, but if you are looking for some job leads or intel about specific "things" out in the loss, I'm your man. First one is free, you see you are just a bit North of Fort Collins, and according to what radio chatter I get on the old "military" frequency, that fort was abandoned, now I don't believe anyone has picked through it yet. Most people believe it would become a fortress and enclave, but after a few years and no chatter in or out from a the fort, well it sounds like there is some money to be made. Becareful though just because no one lives there, doesn't mean nothing lives there.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 10:14:03 PM »
No shit?  That's a hell of a score. Big Boy is real short on ammo,  you may just set me up!  Good deal, Deus.  I posted some jobs I've heard of, being the latent medic and whatnot, you get a freebie on specifics and contacts, more if this thing pans out.

Code Blue,  owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human, and we still need care.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

One Bounty. Two Crypto

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 10:24:13 PM »
Like that tag line.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

Reverend Green

• Bait
    • View Profile
A "Good?" Latent
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 11:32:34 PM »
Its good to see a latent doing something positive for a change, make sure that you take out as many of whatever it is before you get killed.

P.S. Remember to leave your gear back at the enclave. even though its infected real people can use it after you're gone

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 11:39:56 PM »
If you're ever up north here, Reverend Evil, stop on by if you're bleeding out.  I won't do anything, I just want to watch.

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Reverend Green

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 11:44:07 PM »
And there we go. the thin veneer of civility disappearers when the latent sees someone who isn't brainwashed into giving them sympathy. Although I guess It's not like I would expect help from a latent anyway. They never do anything but take bounty from the good working americans

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 05:19:30 AM »
Hey there Blue,
If you ever find yourself in WA, hit up Portside. It's a bit friendlier to latents than most places and it's pretty safe. If you bring any recreational drug with you, all the better. Just steer clear of RenCon. Some Medieval Otakus decided to turn a renaissance fair it into an anti-Casualty zone and that includes any latents nearby. They're decked out in some pretty heavy duty stuff so if you see them, run for some place their horses can't follow.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get high now.
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 09:07:53 PM »
If you're ever up north here, Reverend Evil, stop on by if you're bleeding out.  I won't do anything, I just want to watch.

QFT, as the kids used to say.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Voodoo Chile

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 12:40:20 AM »
If you're looking for bounty, I heard those bugnut Crusaders are always looking for "samples." 'Specially at that place started by that crackjob, think his name was Cutty or some shit, called The Works. Hear its out Colorado-ways.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 01:11:06 AM »
Crusaders.  Ugh.   Look I'd rather keep with latent latrine duty than voluntarily offer myself to those people.  I don't know where they'd ever stop.

I need a team, something more than barely surviving.  I don't want what has happened to me, to happen to them. 

One Bounty. Two Crypto

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 01:44:20 AM »
If you're looking for bounty, I heard those bugnut Crusaders are always looking for "samples." 'Specially at that place started by that crackjob, think his name was Cutty or some shit, called The Works. Hear its out Colorado-ways.
They're still active? I thought that place got wiped out.

Voodoo Chile

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 02:48:37 AM »
I heard main digs got wiped out, but before their little monster lab got fucked, word on the street is they set up some "subsidiaries." You know how the DHQS love their little testaments to pissing in God's eye (two words: armored vectors) so I'd be reluctant to count them out yet. I do most of my work near Utopia in what used to be Texas, so hell if I know. Shit, a couple of states away nowadays might as well be on the other side of the fuckin' world.

Voodoo Chile

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 02:56:07 AM »
And there we go. the thin veneer of civility disappearers when the latent sees someone who isn't brainwashed into giving them sympathy. Although I guess It's not like I would expect help from a latent anyway. They never do anything but take bounty from the good working americans
You just wait, Preacher Man. When you got the hard choice of a shot or The Shot, you might be weighing your beliefs on one hand and that last bullet in the other. I'll go a step further, you latent-haters come a step within spittin distance of my man Machine Gun, we'll send em back to you giftwrapped and in installments. Hell is right now, right here, so you better get cozy with the friends you can take.
Code Blue, Experienced has got you brother-man.

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 03:01:45 AM »
I heard main digs got wiped out, but before their little monster lab got fucked, word on the street is they set up some "subsidiaries." You know how the DHQS love their little testaments to pissing in God's eye (two words: armored vectors) so I'd be reluctant to count them out yet. I do most of my work near Utopia in what used to be Texas, so hell if I know. Shit, a couple of states away nowadays might as well be on the other side of the fuckin' world.

Great, armored vectors. I'll have to ask the next group of Crusaders that came in about this. See if they heard anything through the grapevine. Maybe some of my contacts in the group are still alive.