Author Topic: Job - Secrets of the Dolls  (Read 1186 times)

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
Job - Secrets of the Dolls
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:49:31 PM »
There's a guy up here that needs work done.  I got the details, and will drop more for a bounty.  Here's the basics.

Some higher up in one of the enclaves likes himself some of those Real Dolls for adult *winkwink* companionship.  The thing is that these new version actually play and record audio.  He confided that he thinks he might have said 'something intended for discreet ears only' in the presence of the doll.   Well them dolls were already loaded up as part of a convoy, so they're heading out for parts unknown.  And I'd rather their parts STAY unknown.

Now, I've seen the sickos that use those things around here, they're really messed up, like majorly.  So if you're going to listen to these dolls to figure out which one needs erased or destroyed, well...I'd keep some Soma on hand.

Job concept:  Hunt down a real doll caravan, to eliminate sensitive information that could cause destabilization of an enclave.    Complication:  Listening to the Dolls forces Self Control vs Detatchment as you hear all sorts of horrible things.  You could just destroy the entire caravan, ruining the lives of the caravan team.  The info received can lead to further plothooks, especially if the info suggests that the client is actually a DHQS plant.

Code Blue,  owner of "latents for less".  We're still human, and we still need care.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Maslow

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Job - Secrets of the Dolls
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 09:29:19 PM »
I certainly understand that people have needs, but I could imagine those dolls have their own needs--lots of disinfectant.  Could probably pose as a cleaning service to take care of each doll, or sell a few hauls of bleach and the like to the caravan, should things end friendly-like.

Could start a friendly trade route with the caravan, or maybe have a side business to clean them, ha.  Could even be realllly bad should a Latent get a hold of one in secret, and maaaaybe even have a new aberrant.  I'm a pretty cruel Market though.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 09:34:58 PM »
I honestly believe the Market NEEDS to be cruel.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

One Bounty. Two Crypto

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 11:35:05 PM »
So I heard that they got it from a sunken freighter on the coast. They need to move it somewhere else, because if I hear word of it, then someone else knows about it, and that is not good for business, if someone steals your product.

Possible complication, we don't have your product, it was stolen or is under someones else control.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

Varlaax 2.00

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 08:45:22 PM »
Code Blue, that job get finished?

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 11:25:32 AM »
I don't know, I'm not in that area anymore. Nobody gave me a B for it, so either I got stiffed or maybe the client walked away.

One Bounty. Two Crypto