Author Topic: Weird Casualty Aberration  (Read 16481 times)

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Casualty Aberration
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 01:36:26 AM »
Listen man, you guys ain't seen the real shit that the Blight can do. Word's gettin' out about what happened to The Clones of Funkenstein (you know those whacked out cats who brewed their own 'cid then went out for day of C-hunting) down in Nuevo Laredo, little south of what used to be the border twixt' Texas and Mexico. Now, one of my girls, Gypsy, had a little thing going on with one of them, she's the one who got the footage from the one man who made it out.

It FUCKING SPOKE. It spoke in this garbled, fucked up clicking and squelching, but I swear to fuck it was speaking English, something about "New Life, End Life, My Life?." All writhing tentacles in the shape of a man, and eyes and mouths opening up. Poor Gypsy OD'd on fucking Soma after watching her man get his skin drilled into by those fucking tentacles... and he just.... liquefied. Look it up man, I ain't bullshitting you, unless those DHQS fucks already covered the shit up.

Voodoo, what are you on and how much Bounty can I give you to get some? Casualties don't talk. Sure, they do weird shit but they don't talk.

Now you want to talk about strange though, I've seen a fucking whale casualty. Guy gets back from a trip out in the Pacific and he starts speaking some Moby Dick shit about how one of his boats was capsized and this...thing, started swallowing up people whole. Well, I couldn't not go investigate this and so I hopped the next boat with two of my crew and we set off to where the guy said he saw the thing.
A few days later, lo and behold, we encounter the biggest, most revolting thing I've ever seen. The whale had huge black veins running all over it's body and we could see it rising out of the water a bit to blow out some kind of black ichor, the blight I think (which begs the question why it does this if it doesn't even need to breath anymore)?

So Captain Jack, guy who runs the ship we're on, wants to turn around and Gnat, one of my crew, starts arguing with him about costs or something when Tank, local latent and Black Math cultist, starts shooting at the thing. Sure enough, I can see the water start to ripple as it makes its way towards us. Soon all hands not working to turn the ship around as fast as possible are blasting away at this thing with everything we've got. I'm talking guns, spears, bows and arrows, hell one guy was throwing every heavy bucket he could find at. Nothing, I don't even know if we managed to hurt it much less slow it down. It hit the boat and a handful of people went overboard and never came back up. Some of the Blight was sprayed on to the deck and one guy got covered in it. He started freaking out before I put bullet in his head. I think the only thing that managed to save us were the shit ton of grenades that Tank brought. We never did find the body, you'd think something that big would be easy to find. Might still be out there.

Gnat managed to take a few pictures before it disappeared. Last I heard he sold them to some group in the Recession to make up for the Bounty we spent during the trip. I still say it was worth it.
Hey man, check our rep, Experienced ain't told a lie since we formed our crew, hell man Machine Gun even told about that shipment we skimmed off of last year (stupid motherfucker cost us more bounty than he was worth...)

Hey man, no offense intended. I'm sure you and yours live up to your reputation. I'm just saying with all the things we don't know about the Blight, sometimes we see and hear things that may or may not be true. Course, that doesn't mean we shouldn't give it a listen either. Next time you find yourself in WA let me know and I'll give you and your crew some discounted pot. (Unless you come with anyone from RenCon, those fuckers don't get anything)

Also, thanks for the nightmares Flatcap.
I'd like to point out that I'm kinda new at RPing on a forum so I apologize for mistakes made.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:42:21 AM by LostinWonderland »
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 02:27:05 AM »
Look, I will be the first one to admit that the Blight does some funky shit now and again, but you guys are letting the stress get to you.

Casualty whales?  Walking beehive men?  "Casualty Balls"?

Seriously.  Find some Soma, a few beers and take a few days off to relax and unwind, you're all headed down the express lane to LALA land!
Professional Hustler - Freelance Negotiator - Fulltime Taker

Trust me, I know a guy!

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 02:38:06 AM »
Look, I will be the first one to admit that the Blight does some funky shit now and again, but you guys are letting the stress get to you.

Seriously.  Find some Soma, a few beers and take a few days off to relax and unwind, you're all headed down the express lane to LALA land!

“Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” LC

Flatcap

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 03:50:32 AM »

Oh good, you're one of THOSE assholes.

Next you'll be saying the Blight is all in our heads like those Red Pill assholes.

"Find a few beers"? Mate, I run the bloody brewery. I know my shit. You're not doing yourself any favours by ignoring this shit. In case you just woke up after a five year coma, the world is insane now. Pay attention, in case something like this shows up in your neck of the woods.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 03:52:42 AM by Flatcap »
The Amazing Bionic Latent

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 05:12:47 AM »

Next you'll be saying the Blight is all in our heads like those Red Pill assholes.

"Find a few beers"? Mate, I run the bloody brewery. I know my shit. You're not doing yourself any favours by ignoring this shit. In case you just woke up after a five year coma, the world is insane now. Pay attention, in case something like this shows up in your neck of the woods.
Hey now, hey now, hey now.

Let's take it back down a notch.

I freely admited that there's weird shit out here and that the Blight is fucked up shit, man.  What I'm saying is that people keep buying into the histerics of LALAs and those people who've crumbled under the stresses of this existence.  It's become like a ghost story competition between a bunch of boyscouts around a campfire. Each guy has to tell a scarier story than the last.   I mean seriously, a zombie whale? What the fuck.

On a different note, if you want some help with expansion of the brewery business, I know a guy that would probably be interested in a distribution deal.

Trust me, I know a guy!

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 01:49:15 PM »

Hey now, hey now, hey now.

Let's take it back down a notch.

I freely admited that there's weird shit out here and that the Blight is fucked up shit, man.  What I'm saying is that people keep buying into the histerics of LALAs and those people who've crumbled under the stresses of this existence.  It's become like a ghost story competition between a bunch of boyscouts around a campfire. Each guy has to tell a scarier story than the last.   I mean seriously, a zombie whale? What the fuck.

On a different note, if you want some help with expansion of the brewery business, I know a guy that would probably be interested in a distribution deal.

Hey man, I saw what I saw. If you choose not to believe me that's fine and I respect your position but we still don't understand the Blight and probably never will. So I don't think it needs to apply to any logic or beliefs, it just does what it wants. Honestly these claims don't seem as crazy (okay, maybe a little) when you consider only a couple of years ago the dead shouldn't have been able to walk around in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:49:59 PM by LostinWonderland »

Flatcap

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 05:58:20 PM »
And, to be fair, there are some total wackjobs out there. So, yeah, I understand you cant' take everything everyone says at face value. Pinch of salt, all that. Like, the whale thing? Weird, not sure if that really 'adds up' with how water messes with Blight.. but maybe Blight in the ocean could sink super deep and... I don't want to think about it.

So, if you can, try and verify this stuff, right? Like, has anyone else seen something like this somewhere else? Was anyone with you when it happened?
The Amazing Bionic Latent

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 01:26:49 AM »
And, to be fair, there are some total wackjobs out there. So, yeah, I understand you cant' take everything everyone says at face value. Pinch of salt, all that. Like, the whale thing? Weird, not sure if that really 'adds up' with how water messes with Blight.. but maybe Blight in the ocean could sink super deep and... I don't want to think about it.

So, if you can, try and verify this stuff, right? Like, has anyone else seen something like this somewhere else? Was anyone with you when it happened?

Exactly my point, friend!

So far in my experience 99% of these stories end up being the end of a game of telephone.  "Well Steve told Becky told Carl told Dave told Scott, who told me that John saw it with his own eyes! God strike me down if I'm a liar!"

For instance I heard a story a few weeks back about one of these aberrant things... supposedly some intelligent form of casualty in the form of a 12 year old girl, able to direct and command the other casualties, like a hive mind or some such. But also was smart enough to know that a headshot would kill it, so it had raided some sort of military position and scavenged all the Kevlar it could and now its' head is the size of a beachball all wrapped up in Kevlar - not even a slit to see through, because it's telepathic and can see through the eyes of other casualties.

That's some impressively high stacked piles of steaming, stinking horseshit.

Trust me, I know a guy!

Deadbody

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 08:57:42 AM »
So have you heard about the guy who built Casualty Forest?

So supposedly he went nuts not long after The Crash started and decided to whack all his coworkers. But he got all INGENIOUS about it.  He got hold of a bunch of those 'living tree coffins', doped his buddies up, shot 'em full of suppressin, stuffed 'em in the sacks, and buried 'em deep. Dunno how many he got rid of, but there's an awful lot of new timber growth out in eastern Oregon that's got black veins running up the trees and down into the leaves.

I don't know what's worse, fucking zombie trees or the idea that he may still be running around that forest.
(This space for rent, 1 bounty)

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2017, 10:17:54 AM »
So have you heard about....

So supposedly....

See this is exactly what I have been talking about!   These are all stories made to out do or one up the story of someone else that was just told! 

Uncorroborated, third-hand or more hearsay and histerics from obviously no longer sane sources.

Pictures! Video! Documentation of any kind!  Hell just an eye witness account with corroboration from another eye witness would be something!

Trust me, I know a guy!

Deadbody

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2017, 11:20:53 AM »
Oh, don't worry. I'm sure someone (or some DHQS) in the Recession is paying good bounty for a Taker team with a camera. You just don't get to see what pictures they took.
(This space for rent, 1 bounty)

LostinWonderland

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2017, 02:58:45 PM »
Oh, don't worry. I'm sure someone (or some DHQS) in the Recession is paying good bounty for a Taker team with a camera. You just don't get to see what pictures they took.

Well, Gnat did manage to find someone to sell his photos to so there's definitely someone out there willing to buy. I'll ask him about next time if I remember.

Shortcut

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2017, 02:42:19 AM »
 ;D
Yup!
Me and the Road Crew found a fella turning a screw when we climbed a data tower not all that long ago. He just kept turning and turning it until we put a round through him.
It kinda made me realise about how we're all sort of dead in one way or another. it's like there's a little timer we all get before we're all zombies. Some of us wait a little longer before giving into the hunger, and some of us don't, I guess. So if you're ever feeling down or like it's not really worth it in the end, don't worry!
It's not!

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2017, 09:12:19 AM »

Oh, I DO want those pictures and videos, I make shit safer for takers out here in the Loss, I WAS IN THAT SHIT, and I would have paid good fucking money to know what was out there before going out, not knowing something is how you watch wife die to a vector trapped in meat locker.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

0perator

• Bait
  • Chris Hamann, Podcaster, Literary, full of Spite
    • View Profile
    • The Roleplaying Exchange
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
You're all reading too many horror stories. The Blight's just some fucked up disease, it doesn't create monsters. Besides casualties, that is. A guy I work with tried to convince me that if a latent gets stuck in a spot for long enough they turn into a blight tree, and that's stupid on the face of it. Feel free to trade bad information and ghost stories, though.
DOG LORD DOG LORD DOG LORD
roleplayingexchange.com