Author Topic: Weird Casualty Aberration  (Read 16491 times)

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Casualty Aberration
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2017, 07:14:15 PM »
You're all reading too many horror stories. The Blight's just some fucked up disease, it doesn't create monsters. Besides casualties, that is. A guy I work with tried to convince me that if a latent gets stuck in a spot for long enough they turn into a blight tree, and that's stupid on the face of it. Feel free to trade bad information and ghost stories, though.

Another voice of reason! Thank you sir!
Professional Hustler - Freelance Negotiator - Fulltime Taker

Trust me, I know a guy!

Pixie

• Bait
  • GM, Player, Writer, Editor, Librarian
    • View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2017, 01:26:38 AM »
Late to the party, but chiming in to backup Freebird. I was on that job. Fire in an enclosed space worked that time. Also, that was some damn cool science the startup had going before the Crash. Wish we could have found more of their data, regrowing limbs and organs would be damn useful.
Former Taker. Emergency Medical Advice at reasonable rates

Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads

Priceline

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2017, 01:40:50 AM »
Late to the party, but chiming in to backup Freebird. I was on that job. Fire in an enclosed space worked that time. Also, that was some damn cool science the startup had going before the Crash. Wish we could have found more of their data, regrowing limbs and organs would be damn useful.

Hey since you and Freebird are being open and honest about previous endeavours as The Reformers, what exactly went down in Jeff City?  Some nasty rumors and a not-to-fuck-with body count made it's way west to my ears.
Professional Hustler - Freelance Negotiator - Fulltime Taker

Trust me, I know a guy!

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2017, 10:10:46 PM »

Hey since you and Freebird are being open and honest about previous endeavours as The Reformers, what exactly went down in Jeff City?  Some nasty rumors and a not-to-fuck-with body count made it's way west to my ears.

I guess it's public knowledge, right Pix? Or was there some kinda NDA thing those DHQS guys wanted us to hold with?

Screw it, we shouted off the roof of that government office building at the time, right before we threw Jeff down to get murdered by his own guys.

Jeff Carnavan was greedy. He wasn't content to just rob every boat coming down the Missouri river. No sir, screwing desperate refugees and honest traders wasn't not enough loot for old Governor Jeff, he decided to fuck over every Taker and enclave west of the Mississippi.

He set up a counterfeit Bounty printing operation, using the old driver's license printers in the state Department of Revenue office. Completely indistinguishable from the real thing, but worthless. That shit threatened to destabilize the monetary system for the entire goddamn Loss.

Sometimes, Takers and DHQS find themselves with some common interests. The result of those common interests was, as you say, a not-to-fuck-with body count.

I guess this is tooting our own horns, but the next time you swap Bounty for Crypto, or vice versa, maybe think a good thought our way.

Check out the episode here! https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/episodes/2016/7/13/red-markets-beta-the-reformers-episode-18
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

The Passerby

• Taker
  • We all walk past, I can only hope I notice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2017, 04:27:28 AM »
Don't know what to really call it, maybe it's an aberrant or maybe it is just me gussying up a fish story, but here's what happened. It's last year, and I am in some shit hole planned walled community out in Arizona. You know the type, the place where there's security on segways and everyone at the gate needs to be logged in, especially if you're a minority. So the crew I was with, we were there on some closure job, some dentist locked his wife in the bedroom and just drove east. Standard stuff.

So anyway, it's about a 115F, the lawns are all parched and this place is about one lit joint away from being a blazing hellscape, and the Cs aren't too bothersome because most of them are jerky. I'm running overwatch a top what might as well been a literal hot tin roof, when I see it. This weird flash. It's only a couple blocks away. So I try to get eyes on with a eight power glass. Damnest thing, was a casualty skittering around like a damn roach. From shadow to shadow, under rusted out cars. It wasn't your usual crawling because it doesn't have legs type of casualty, was dressed in one of those road worker vests. It was definitely like a roach, and I had a suppressor on my rifle, so I figured I would try and take a shot.

I shit you not, it must of seen the sniper scope flash or something, because it looks right at me...and throws itself into a storm drain.

Or maybe it was chasing a gopher or some shit. I don't know. I was at least seven hundred yards off.

In any case, after that job I invested in better boots and thick gaiters, because the thought of something like that skittering from out under a car and giving my ankle a bite?

I don't fancy it.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Silver

• Taker
  • Jason S
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2017, 06:46:28 AM »
I used to think all those tales about Aberrants were full of shit until I was almost eaten by a goddamn zombie house.
Looking for Takers in the Central Valley? Call BLACKLIGHT for good rates and professional work.
Need a name? Click Here for a running list of Takers!

DeusExMachina275

• Taker
  • Information is my game, God of the Machine is the
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2017, 06:50:33 AM »
Now that is a story that needs telling.
Information is my game, God of the Machine is the name.

Silver

• Taker
  • Jason S
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2017, 06:54:01 AM »
Now that is a story that needs telling.

You couldn't pay me enough to relive the details, but the moral of the story is if you're infected, for fuck's sake don't lock yourself in a closet in a suburban house that's gonna rot through in a few years. When the body is immobile, Blight tendrils don't stop growing once they break skin.
Looking for Takers in the Central Valley? Call BLACKLIGHT for good rates and professional work.
Need a name? Click Here for a running list of Takers!

Referee

• Bait
  • UFit User
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2017, 08:50:16 PM »
Anyone else encountered these before? They got a name, I'm thinking "empty" or "robot" casualties?

Failing that what other weird manifestations you encountered? Figure we better compile all these together, have some sort of reference when we're out and about.

Me and the Road Crew found a fella turning a screw when we climbed a data tower not all that long ago. He just kept turning and turning it until we put a round through him.

Verifying Fenris' and Shortcut's claims with one of my own. My crew found one of these 'empty' casualties crouched over their computer in a practically pristine office last year. It was typing away on a keyboard with the keys literally just about worn down, its shoulders occasionally shaking. I think they just don't stop doing whatever they were doing whenever they got the Blight. And you might be thinking hey, that's not so bad, right?

Yeah, no. We got morbidly curious, and found out the typing translated into "m feeling ill, love' *pause* 'yes' *pause, shoulder shaking* 'I'm sorry I stayed I love you I'm sorr", so they must've been in a chatroom or something when the Blight took. I try not to think about who might've been on the other end or for how long they got that message on loop.

We tried fishing around to see if anyone was after closure for it, but got no quick response, so Caddy just bashed its skull in. None of us felt in a mood to take video evidence, which in hindsight was real stupid, because we could probably have sold that instead, because people DO buy this shit. Which brings up an important point. If Priceline is fishing for proof and you provide it, there's a non-zero chance he - or anyone else here - will try to beat feet and sell it if you haven't already. Don't share an asset for free unless you feel like you can stand losing the B just to warn the rest of us.

But if you do provide credible proof, you get my respect. Forewarned is forearmed.
Still Lost. Still Achieving. Owner of the Fit Pit.
Semi-retired. Available for urban job consultations or fitness advice.
Inquire at www.enclaveorgchart.ubiq/Achieve/Gettersburg/FitPit

Notable Cheevos:
Achiever
Casualty Clearer
City Stalker
High Scorer
Mercy Street Irregular
Vector Wrangler

Nomad

• Bait
  • Has a lot of bad Karma
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 09:02:43 PM »
Oh boy, more crazy talk about abberants. Listen, folks, these are campfire stories they use to control you. The real truth is over at Manifest Destiny News Network @MDNN.public.Ubiq
Interested in helping to reclaim the Loss? We are currently hiring contractors for high-risk assignments. Ask for details.

Gnat

• Administrator
  • Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2017, 05:23:57 PM »
Oh boy, more crazy talk about abberants. Listen, folks, these are campfire stories they use to control you. The real truth is over at Manifest Destiny News Network @MDNN.public.Ubiq

And if you want copies of the full footage they shot out here, plus analysis of their editing cuts, check out Manifest Destiny is Propaganda @MDPropa.public.Ubiq

Varlaax

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2017, 10:21:41 PM »
And Gnat never helped the DHQS?

Gnat

• Administrator
  • Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2017, 11:00:52 PM »
Not without threats of an incoming drone strike.

Varlaax

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2018, 09:00:29 PM »
Abberants. Not real.

Abberant rumours and stories?

Certainly. Now to finish my Soma tea.

Fisticuffs

• Taker
  • Face so full of fives you can't tell he's latent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2018, 04:44:08 AM »

These "aberrants" are just the ghost stories of our times.

Stop buying into the lies and spook stories!

you clearly spend a lot of time inside the fence or a cushy DHQS office.

I've posted on here before about my experience with Porcupines. not the animal, but casualty aberrants whose blight spines had grown out of their back hard and sharp. They took my whole crew.

But if you don't want to believe my stories, I ran across a group of Crusaders, one of which was a former Forensic scientist. She was high off her ass but she was telling us about something more terrifying than an Aberrant, just a weird quirk of the blight that people have not gotten to see yet. When a Latent dies in the enclave people are lined up to put a bullet in our heads, especially if they are children. no one wants to see that.

but latent vectors aren't like the freshies. If we die we just turn into casualties without the restraints of rigor mortis. That's why chest shots down take them down they're already dead... But here is what the Crusader was telling us. Rigor mortis often doesn't manifest in infants and children. So if a lantent child dies, boom instant ever-vec.
-Creating a significant subtraction one former US citizen at a time.
#Lost4Life #Latent&Proud