Author Topic: Running the Market - Tips and Tricks  (Read 5061 times)

Owl

• Bait
    • View Profile
Re: Running the Market - Tips and Tricks
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »
Thank you all so much for the help!

Next question: do charges on things like specs in laptops get burned when a player character answers a call as well as making a call, or is it just when they instigate the use of their gear?

theblazeuk

• Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 03:48:42 PM »
I have been saying one charge per scene for just making calls etc, give or receive. So if you make a call then receive one in the same time period, it was just one charge. But if you're out in the field and someone calls you, have to choose if you're going to burn that charge or save the battery.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 05:01:55 PM »
that's essentially how we've been using electronic charges. spend a ubic charge and your good for that seen unless whatever your using says otherwise.  :)
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Owl

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 11:12:53 PM »
Have any Markets out there had their takers interact with a Barter Economy? Tips?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 12:35:01 PM by Owl »

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 11:53:42 PM »
I havent run a barter town yet, but one way would be just to abstract out the cost to whats listed. or roll for each resource the same as if it was being sold or sourced. have the group ha e a reason for not taking standard crypto or bounty though, even with as messed up as the wasteland full of C's is not using the standardized currency of the land is counter intuitive to survival for most ppl. perhaps they focus on a specific area and dont consider the bounty system to be a long term investment, a sort of market place fad. some examples could be a trucker enclave who would value parts and fuel more then any amount of bounty as they cant keep on the move with bounty if they cant buy what they need with it.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »
Have any Markets out there had their takers interact with a Barter Economy? Tips?

I would think that the fun of a barter economy would be in making it a very different experience from the mainstream economy. I would say, don't abstract anything. Make every transaction play out as a scene, requiring social skill rolls to negotiate the trade. It would emphasize how inefficient and idiosyncratic barter is compared to a currency economy, but also how it means that a patient and clever trader can work it to their advantage.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Owl

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 04:10:31 AM »
Gearing up for a MR. JOLS and am interested in any alternate site complications( for if they fail their secret sensitivity check) that have been used or are in the hopper. We are planning the JOLS and playing it in the same ultra  session so I'm a bit nervous running it and trying to prep for anything I can in advance.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:52:00 AM by Owl »

Teapot

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 02:46:04 PM »
Gearing up for a MR. JOLS and am interested in any alternate site complications( for if they fail their secret sensitivity check) that have been used or are in the hopper. We are planning the JOLS and playing it in the same ultra  session so I'm a bit nervous running it and trying to prep for anything I can in advance.

Bad weather blows through. A thunderstorm comes through, high winds knock things down, rain ends visibility, thunder conceals casualties. It's only on site for an hour or two and gives any opposition time to recover and attack takers.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 11:41:10 AM »
its true that environmental concerns can be the easiest things to throw in, like half of the site is flooded!  That one'd do a number on players.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 08:48:07 PM »
i think i might cry is we got to a site and found that the water mains had busted and half flooded the site... sitting in the stagnate festering pool of what i hope is water... were ... nope nope nope, were doing something else to get bounty im not... just nope.