Poll

What is your and/or your Taker's favorite weapon?

Axe
0 (0%)
Bow
0 (0%)
Club
1 (3%)
Crossbow
1 (3%)
Flamethrower
0 (0%)
Handgun
8 (24.2%)
Heavy Rifle
0 (0%)
Knife
0 (0%)
Light Machinegun
0 (0%)
Machete
3 (9.1%)
Rifle
9 (27.3%)
Shotgun
1 (3%)
Spear
3 (9.1%)
Sword
0 (0%)
Tomahawk
0 (0%)
Warhammer
3 (9.1%)
Unarmed/Gauntlets
3 (9.1%)
Things That Go Boom
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Favorite weapon  (Read 6113 times)

TRNSHMN

• Bait
    • View Profile
Favorite weapon
« on: November 26, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »
As the topic suggests, what's your and/or your Taker's favorite weapon? Why? Bonus round: What's the weapon that you really want or would be ohmygodsocool to have but is just not practical or achievable? Do share!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 02:58:51 PM by TRNSHMN »
Somehow still occasionally managing to convince people that I'm not completely boring.

theblazeuk

• Moth
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite weapon
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:25:58 PM »
It's all about the handguns. Blatt blatt!

The pimped out LMG is a goal.

Varlaax

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 08:55:42 PM »
Blades and chainmail gloves. Never run out of ammunition on a job. Thrn again we never had that many guns in the UK like our American cousins..

Owl

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 01:35:35 AM »
A two foot long bundle of rebar. Splat splat!

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 07:31:29 PM »
A full upgraded handgun seems the most practical from everything ive seen in RM. carry a few recharges of ammo and dont miss your shots to often and things go a lot smoother. but as for what id like to have? ive seen a demo of a shotgun silencer and would love to have one on my next RM run.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

WyrdGM

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 08:55:21 PM »
For me, it's Rifle and Machete.
A handgun is great, and would definitely be a third option. But I like practical multi-use.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 10:42:44 PM »
well as far as multi purpose and simplicity go you cant mess up with a shotgun, now in the world we live in its one of the most simplistic and versatile guns you can hope for only down side is the noise which if your able to rig up something like the silencer (more like a suppressor but i mean close enough) its not to bad. everyone downplays the range of a shotgun but its quite impressive and easy to make reloads for so ammo flexible as your imagination not to mention slugs.

now Ill double down on your machete, having a good one of those is a god send if you have a good reliable one.  got one a while back for general use while outdoors and absolutely love it.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

WyrdGM

• Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 04:00:07 PM »
well as far as multi purpose and simplicity go you cant mess up with a shotgun, now in the world we live in its one of the most simplistic and versatile guns you can hope for only down side is the noise which if your able to rig up something like the silencer (more like a suppressor but i mean close enough) its not to bad. everyone downplays the range of a shotgun but its quite impressive and easy to make reloads for so ammo flexible as your imagination not to mention slugs.

now Ill double down on your machete, having a good one of those is a god send if you have a good reliable one.  got one a while back for general use while outdoors and absolutely love it.

Shotguns are fantastic, especially in urban environments. Yes, they have a greater range than most people would figure, and that is a solid plus, as well as a variety of ammo options. However, I am a fan of the versatility of a good carbine/rifle. Under 20 inches means it can be useful in urban/close quarters, but still have some long distance range for hunting/etc that is not as easy with a shotgun. Either way, I do not think we could go wrong with either. :)

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 09:05:35 PM »
But still have some long distance range for hunting/etc that is not as easy with a shotgun. Either way, I do not think we could go wrong with either. :)

definitely not. though in terms of RM a shotguns a questionable choice because its loud only and ammo is not a factor so much nor is the simplistic maintenance. hand guns and rifles see a lot more use, could be thats just my crew and their obsession with silanced handguns and sniper rifles... but even on the pod casts ive listed to I cant recall any solid use of any other weapons. even grenades / flash bangs are rarely if ever encountered. thats why Marshmallow (my next taker) will be making use of the flamethrower.... Ill report back the results.

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 01:43:34 PM »
I think handgun for Cs, maybe shotguns for other people
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 04:03:20 AM »
Fully upgraded rifle is my favorite. Just the most versatile and efficient killing tool for just about every situation. Fully upgraded handgun is #2.
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 04:23:13 AM »
I think handgun for Cs, maybe shotguns for other people

the loudness of the shotgun can be a binifit on other applications, when that bang rings out everyone in the area knows that the timers now ticking. heck did something similar when I was doing a solo run for myself... with mixed results.

Varlaax

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 10:18:56 PM »
Morning star.

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 06:14:38 AM »
Morning star.

an intersting choice, would like to hear your reasoning. sure training on it is next to nothing and supply is readily available but its not like the c's have any kind of armor to speak of... why the mace over the humble spear in terms of effectiveness it takes less stamina to wield, about the same training time and has multiple applications as well as if it breaks you still have a spear (albeit a slightly smaller one) and i cant begin to describe the weight differences.

also not to hijack but has anoone made use of the riot shield to any real effect? I cant imagine not using one in short range combat but the more I read on them the more underwhelming they seem mechanically.

Fisticuffs

• Taker
  • Face so full of fives you can't tell he's latent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 05:51:51 PM »
Macuahuitl and Atlatl
Because is there a better way of showing your national pride than to smash casualty heads with a razor covered cricket bat?
*crack* *rrrrrip*
-Creating a significant subtraction one former US citizen at a time.
#Lost4Life #Latent&Proud