Author Topic: Pro-Immune groups?  (Read 3026 times)

Laughing Penguin

• Taker
    • View Profile
Pro-Immune groups?
« on: September 18, 2018, 08:14:03 PM »
I don't have my book handy right now, and I'm drawing a blank otherwise...

Are there any openly Pro-Immune or Immune Rights groups in the official RM setting? Asking because things are brewing in my current campaign where I'll need such a group soon, and interested in seeing what lives in canon before I start writing something up.

Varlaaax

Re: Pro-Immune groups?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 08:00:14 AM »
Checked my kickstarter copy of the RM book.

I guess DHQS is pro immune.

Can't find much aside from that.

You do know that all outed Immunes are harvested for Suppressin right?

Having a Pro Immune or Openly Immune Group seems a tad suicidal.

Varlaaax

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 08:01:58 AM »
Church of Holy  Communion likes to harvest Immunes blood for religious purposes and is canon.

Does that help?

Laughing Penguin

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »
You do know that all outed Immunes are harvested for Suppressin right?

Having a Pro Immune or Openly Immune Group seems a tad suicidal.

I am *very* much aware of this, but given how getting rounded up for medical scavenging is a mandatory excersize, I don't see any way that some kind of pro-immune activists wouldn't spring up in the setting. Some radical branch of the ACLU or similar, not sure how I'd want to present them yet.

Church of Holy  Communion likes to harvest Immunes blood for religious purposes and is canon.

That kind of goes in the other direction from what I was looking for... heh. I do have a nasty faction of these guys operating in the area for my campaign though. The team's Immune is really on edge about them...

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 11:49:43 PM »
I gotta side with Varlaaax again, anyone whos immune is going to keep that a secret from even their crew-mates unless they have no other choice. the idea that theres a openly pro immune group out there hyper rare unless they are normals / latents who are working as a witness protection relocation thing.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

RiskManagement

• Bait
  • Risk Management For Hire, Ill Manage the risks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 10:27:23 AM »
In Fallen Flag isn't there a underground railroad for immunes?
Risk Management For Hire, I'm your safety net.

Laughing Penguin

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 02:54:46 PM »
unless they are normals / latents who are working as a witness protection relocation thing.

This is sort of what I was getting at. Something on par with Amnesty International, BLM or even the people from Greenpeace who interfere with Japanese whaling boats. Even with the kind of vaguely bleak future of Red Markets, there is no way some group of people wouldn't organize to try and enforce the basic human rights of people who were Immune and make a lot of noise about it.

The "openly pro-immune" group with actual immunes in it also seems inevitable in the face of canon groups like Triage and The Chosen. Membership would be a lot riskier, but do you really think it wouldn't exist? Consider the whole hook of the contract where An Incident was playing. Have some high-profile public figure representing it from a remote location and maybe some of the Immune population wouldn't be so willing to accept their fate as mere marrow donors...

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 09:48:40 PM »
it was called Leech IIRC, did that not make it into the book?
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Varlaax 2.00

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 09:29:26 AM »
No sign of Leech in the book.

Laughing Penguin

• Taker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 10:20:21 PM »
So, the reply to this thread reminded me I never followed up, so I thought I'd share the results of what I came up with.

The Mollica Humanity Colaition ( also known as MHC) is a group who pre-Crash was mostly concerned with the physical and psychological well being of refugees and similar repressed people, who turned their efforts towards Immunes and Latents who suddenly became second class citizens or worse following the Crash, providing aid and information to afflicted people. They take political action, organize protests and set up services for the Infected Living and their families, mostly Latents since Immunes cannot publicly expose themselves.They do come under constant scrutiny for this, as well as occasionally harboring Immunes, but for the most part they are a legit organization.

The name is taken for Dr. Richard F. Mollica, MD, Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, directs the Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma. MHC is also the initialism for The major histocompatibility complex, basically the body;s way of determining if cells belong to the larger organism as it relates to the immune response. I tend to like using terms like that to inform things... heh

Unofficially the MHC also sponsor CD4 (named after ‘helper’ T-cells that coordinate immune responses in the body) who act as a sort of ‘underground railroad’ for Immunes looking to flee to safety, often in pockets of Canada far enough North and West to be both light on Casualties and radiation. They're a more radical pro-Immune group that acts well outside the law, and will be the group that my Takers come into contact with. They're branded almost as terrorists in the media, and often catch the attention of DHQS when they surface.

What do you all think?

Freebird

• Moth
  • Ethan Cordray, RPG player, tester, sometime writer
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast, technicaldifficultiespod.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 03:02:01 PM »
I like it! And if you want to shade over into more potentially problematic extremism, you could have an Immune eugenics group, working to ensure that identified Immunes pass on their genetics to as many offspring as possible...
Ex-Taker. Made it.
General advice: no charge.
Technical firearms advice: reasonable rates.
Freedom isn't free. Drive a hard bargain for it.
https://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/